Jimenez Soto, Grisel
+6 013 904 8050
+5 917 765 7002
Grisel is an Earth Scientist and Technology Enthusiast. Her passion is transforming creative scientific ideas into user-friendly applications to help in problem-solving, whose contributions are defined by:
(a) Create new reservoir geomodelling methods, using data from core to satellite image information, when existing workflows are insufficient.
(b) Develop new geological workflows focus on the end-user
(c) Bring extensive fieldwork experience to Exploration and Development. Currently developing technical solutions for better reservoir data visualizations and information including Computer Vision techniques using data from core, seismic to satellite images for Reservoir Modelling.
~10 years of work experience in different countries like Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, France, and Malaysia, both in Exploration and Development including several domains from Fieldwork Geology, Sedimentology, and 3D Reservoir Modeling. Grisel has extensive Outcrop and Sedimentology experience in Western Cordillera, North and South Subdandean of Bolivia and northern Argentina, Deepwater Angola, Offshore Japan, Santos Basin, Brazil. Grisel is proficient in several languages including Spanish, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese.
Grisel is driven, adaptable to various situations, very good at troubleshooting under pressure, and capable of being an active team player.
She is also a tutor in Tu Beca Bolivia a non-profit aimed at helping young Bolivians get access to scholarships and mentor for Mujeres Líderes in STEAM (U.S.-MEXICO LEADERS NETWORK) a unique mentoring/consulting program in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) for Latina Women and Bolivian Ambassador for Geolatinas Bolivia.
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
- Development Geologist, YACIMIENTOS PETROLIFEROS FISCALES BOLIVIANOS.
(March 2016 – May 2018)
Estimation of recoverable hydrocarbon rock volumes for structures per category: P90, P50, and P10. Quoting reserve and resource quantities using probabilistic/ deterministic method.
The counterpart for the establishment of a methodology to implement a geological workflow for reserves quantification at the National Quantification Unit in conjunction with GLJ Petroleum Consultants in Calgary Canada.
- Research Intern, LABORATOIRE DE GEOSCIENCES MONTPELLIER
(March 2016 – May 2018)
Characterization of borehole image facies FMS, (Core data - NGR logs) Interpretation of stratigraphic /Sedimentology stacking pattern. Posters presentations for (1) European Geosciences Union - Geophysical Research Viena (2) GSA Annual Meeting 2015. Baltimore. US.
- Invited Lecturer, SOCIETY OF ECONOMIC GEOLOGISTS, MAYOR DE SAN ANDRÉS, TECNOLÓGICA BOLIVIANA UNIVERSITY
(March 2011 – August 2013)
Instructor of Geology Sedimentary Field Course: Society of Economic Geologists in partnership with The Geological Society of Bolivia. Instructor | Petroleum Engineering | Department of Petroleum Engineering - Well Logs Interpretation and Petroleum Geology.
- Exploration Geologist, PETROBRAS (Exploration and Development).
(March 2008 – April 2011)
Stratigraphy and Sedimentology studies of Devonian reservoir using 2D Move and AutoCad.
Geological interpretation, Sedimentology and Structural Geology of the Subandean Region of the North and South Section of Bolivia,
- Sedimentology and reservoir characterization, from core to reservoir scale (core, well log, images logs, outcrop, and sequence stratigraphic analysis).
- Keen to learn new skills and attain new information.
- Capable of being an active team player and showing empathy.
Awards and Certifications
2021 Full Grant -Presenter- GeoPython 2021
2020 Full Grant 15th Women in Machine Learning Workshop (WiML 2020)
2020 Scholarship for Thirty-seventh International Conference on Machine Learning
2020 Scholarship from International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR)
2020 Virtual ODSC East 2020 Scholarship
2019 Travel Grant Student. International Association of Sedimentologists.
2014 Travel Grant Student. International Association of Sedimentologists.
2014 Grant Total Summer School and Winner of the First Place Team 2014.
2013 French Government Scholarship. Campus France Bolivie.
2013 Union European Scholarship. Program of Exchange and Cooperation for International Studies between Europe and South America. Universita' degli Studi di Padova and Montpellier University.
2012 Borsa di studio. Laurea triennale in Lingua e cultura italiana. Icon. Italia.
2007-08 Award of Educational Excellence – University-Academic Council. Mayor de San Andrés University. Scholarship Konrad Adenauer Foundation
2006 First Place – Award of Educational Excellence – University-Academic Council. Mayor de San Andres University
2005 Konrad Adenauer Foundation Scholarship.
2006 Student Grant for Students from Low-Income Families (05-06-07)
- Paleo Scan, Petrel, Jewell Suite, Techlog, 2D Move, WellCad, Geoprobe, Seiswork (Landmark) Humpsell, and Russell (CGG).
- Erdas, Surfer, AutoCad, Analyse Series.
- Software Development Kit for Jewell Suite, Python.
- Spanish (Mother Tongue)
- English (TOEFL, Michigan).
- French (DELF-B2).
- Portuguese (Celpe-Bras C1).
- Italian (A2) Corso virtuale di Lingua e cultura italiana. Icon Pisa.
- PHD Part-Time Novel modeling workflow for Miocene isolated carbonate buildups, Central Luconia Province, Malaysia (2019-Currently)
- Msc. Reservoir Geology. Montpellier University, France. (September 2013-September 2015) CGPA: 3.3
- B.Sc. (Hons) Engineering Geology. Mayor de San Andrés University