Petroleum Engineer and Research Analyst with a proven talent for leading new projects, research and development experiments, well optimization to improve and innovate energy-efficient production and optimize systems to maximize operational performance. Develop techniques for wells, production, and upstream designs for precise systems collaborating with cross-functional disciplines to increase safety, perform data acquisition to create analytics for process improvements. Evaluate production planning and management applications using data analysis to advance technology, prediction, conduct research, and create solutions to complex problems. Spearhead prediction of fracture toughness from small-scale to large-scale projects using nanoindentation to reduce costs.
Exceptionally dedicated professional with keen interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills for the diverse modern workplace.
Houston, Texas, USA
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, TX, AUGUST 2018 – DECEMBER 2021 (EXPECTED)
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Lead a research and development project to develop a new method to predict fracture toughness using nanoindentation.
● Develop a patented design solution for the Wolfcamp shale samples to compensate for process experiments and define the mechanical properties.
● Liaison between the team and faculty advisor in maintaining the project within technical specifications and schedule.
● Successfully manage and perform shale sample experiments to attain a cost reduction of 50%.
● Publish three journal articles industry-wide on predicting fracture toughness of shale at the core scale using nanoindentation.
● Evaluate, model, and analyze shale samples using nanoindentation research to understand shale characteristics, trends, competitive advantage, and reduction of cost.
● Evaluate rock properties of shales using five high precision measurements, delivered successful results using different laboratory equipment.
PT. NAVITA ORIGO SOLUTIONS (NOS), INTERNATIONAL, DECEMBER 2016 – JULY 2017
SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER
Assisted the launch of real-time operation drilling software including the monitoring, troubleshooting, idea implementation, training, collaboration, control pre-sales, sales, and post-sales of all software products sold by NOS such as Navita Drilling Monitoring (NDM) for Real-Time Operating (RTO), Navita Drilling Report (NDR), and Jewel Suite.
● Trained and managed software sales and licensing to 50+ drilling operation users for PERTAMINA National Oil Company to increase software license sales.
● Delivered 24/7 customer support of drilling software operation, technical support, troubleshooting installed applications via remote setting.
● Provided daily updates for software report status of the drilling operation, connectivity, and project installation status.
● Developed monthly reports for the stakeholder to use data analysis to improve system performance, utilization, capability in future developments and upgrade deployments.
PT. NAVITA ORIGO SOLUTIONS (NOS), INTERNATIONAL, OCTOBER 2016 – DECEMBER 2016
PETROLEUM ENGINEER - INTERN
Built expertise with Navita Drilling Monitoring (NDM) to develop real-time operations (RTO) and geomechanical models using Jewel Suite.
● Conducted drilling real-time operation monitoring for data analysis and understanding trade-offs in operations to include alarms, setpoints, and increase the functionality of software to operations.
● Developed expertise on theoretical and practical aspects of drilling operations, including remote software diagnostics of equipment familiar with company strategy, culture.
● Spearheaded and created a manual for Navita Drilling Monitoring for real-time operations to help operations, engineers and users train on software use, improve operation safety and reliability.
● Understood the importance of geomechanical models for wellbore stability, hydraulic fracturing, and pore pressure to improve the productivity of the well, safety, life cycle management.
TRISAKTI UNIVERSITY, INTERNATIONAL, JANUARY 2013 – DECEMBER 2015
RESERVOIR ENGINEER LABORATORY ASSISTANT - FLUID ANALYSIS
Provided tutoring in the fluid analysis laboratory to improve student learning, equipment utilization, and safety protocols. Operated and maintained standard laboratory-based on industry standards.
● Taught supplemental instruction sessions in the subjects of statics and dynamics for 50 students and assisted the professor with grading and student records.
● Developed creative teaching strategies to inspire, encourage and motivate students while conducting various laboratory equipment according to the established standards resulting in peak performance of more than 50 students.
● Gained hands-on experience with drafting and developed expertise in analyzing fluid characteristics to enhance oil/gas production.
● Led instructions and tutoring sessions, prepared laboratory equipment, fluid samples to test students in the area of fluid properties analysis.
Awards and Certifications
Awards: 2nd Place of Machine Learning Bootcamp, Graduate Research Fellowship, Cum Laude Graduate, 1st Place of Field Development Plan, Recipient of SPE Java Scholarship, 3rd Place of Petro Smart Competition, 1st Place Oil Rig Competition
Certifications: Drilling and Reservoir Geomechanics; Data Science Bootcamp, Data Analysis and Visualization with Python, Six Sigma (Yellow Belt), PowerBI, Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Geomechanics, Nanoindentation, Petrophysics, Well Performance Analysis, Reservoir Engineering, Pressure Transient Analysis, Design Tradeoffs, Control Systems, Calibration, Architecture Nanoindenter, Steady-flow permeameter, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Root Cause Analysis, P&ID, OSHA, Teamwork, Driven, Critical Thinking, Adaptability, Problem Solving, Proactive, Self-Motivated, Creative, Quick Learner, Analytical, Organization, Integrity
PH.D. IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, 2021; University of Houston, Houston, TX
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, 2016; Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BS) IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, 2015; Trisakti University, Indonesia