Four years of experience as a mechanical engineer. Currently seeking a mechanical engineering position after moving to a new state with my wife.
• Previous position at start-up company enabled roles in manufacturing, design, R&D, field operations, and client interaction.
• Designed and modeled a full-scale wastewater treatment facility – piping, building layout, frames, connection points.
• Experienced at pivoting between multiple projects and able to maintain focus on long-term projects
- Fluid Technology Solutions -
Mechanical Engineer/Field Engineer (January 2016 – October 2020)
Start-up company required and enabled multiple roles.
• Operated and maintained membrane casting equipment.
• Recorded, documented, and implemented standard operating procedures for personal hydration products and membrane manufacturing.
• Assisted with development and application of quality control and quality assurance testing programs.
• Designed and modeled a full-scale wastewater treatment facility.
o Used SolidWorks to create 3D models and drawings of building, equipment, frames, and filtration system piping.
o Equipment and material selection.
o Created installation plans for equipment.
• Updated pilot equipment systems.
o Updated models and manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks.
o Collaborated with internal manufacturing department to build pilot system.
• Created process flow diagrams and P&IDs using DraftSight.
Research & Development
• Spearheaded digestate processing project.
o Designed and performed experiments regarding different draw solutions, pre-filtration procedures, and cleaning schedule/procedures.
o Documented findings and wrote reports.
• Researched, designed, and tested prefiltration methods.
o Obtained a patent for a prefiltration process.
• Performed initial testing on sample materials.
• Co-led research and process development for a product in the food and beverage industry.
• Facilitated external company partnerships to improve filtration.
• Managed and operated a 1.5 year long pilot operation.
o Performed site planning and assess location feasibility.
o Optimized feed flow rates, operating pressure, cleaning schedule and final product concentration.
• Traveled for pilot operations - domestic and international.
o Trained local team in China on pilot operation with limited translation services.
o Set up, troubleshot, and optimized pilot system operation at multiple sites.
• Replaced and repaired pumps.
• Performed onsite system modifications.
Safety Committee Member
• Co-founded safety committee.
• Participated in quarterly meetings and walkthroughs.
• Improved workplace safety through actions such as:
o Created emergency action plans.
o Installed eyewash stations.
o Created and posted evacuation routes
- The Sexton Corporation -
Fabrication/Assistant Machinist (July 2014- September 2014, August 2015- December 2015)
• Operated CNC mills and CNC lathes.
• Assembled finished products and performed pressure testing and quality assurance.
-The Sexton Corporation -
Product Designer/Intern (July 2013- September 2013)
• Collaborated with customers on design of underwater lighting and battery housing units to meet their technical specifications utilizing Inventor.
• Researched and sourced components from suppliers within cost and schedule constraints.
• Assisted with fabrication, assembly, and testing of housings.
Awards and Certifications
Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP)
Design (3D Cad, P&ID, PFD).
Research and development (R&D).
Organization and documentation.
Oregon State University
Honors Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering