An experienced VP looking to make a new start. With 20+ years of oil and gas experience ranging from the service side to VP of Land. A leader with over 15 years of experience contributing to land acquisition, strategy, and project development. Effective in working with and managing teams, preparing strategic plans, and implementing solutions for acquisitions, regulatory, and project development. Proven capacity to maximize value and minimize loss. Repeated results negotiating and closing major agreements while demonstrating favorable ROI to partners. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, IHS Markit Land Studio, Wolfpak, Enertia, SSI, Pangaea, OCC, AOGC, and RRC websites. Familiar with PhdWin and Petra work product.
Houston, TX, United States
• Advise on land services and development strategies related to mineral and lease acquisition in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, West Virginia and New Mexico.
• Serve as Director of Business Operations for an oil and gas brokerage firm to conduct strategic acquisitions of producing minerals in West Virginia, New Mexico, and Texas.
• Review historical invoices and identify incorrect billings and provide suggested remedies.
• Review strategic acquisitions with engineering and geologic partners.
• Meet with equity and banking entities to facilitate the acquisition of strategic assets with high returns on current PDP and significant upside potential with PUD development.
• Identified multiple development prospects with potential IRR’s up to 160%.
• Perform cursory review of land documents for multiple unique small and large-scale projects in the Permian and surrounding basins and advise on potential acquisition strategies.
• Negotiated and closed exploration and participation agreement with public company covering a 120+ section joint venture AMI and negotiated and closed the sale of the combined acreage to a competitor to realize a 190% ROI.
• Evaluate potential prospects and meet with potential financial partners to provide equity and reserve backed lending structures for the acquisition of the prospects.
• Direct services related to oil and gas exploration in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Nebraska.
• Consult a family of companies on prospect acquisition, prospect generation, banking facilities, and partner inquires.
• Collaborate with legal counsel to conduct negotiations with financial, industry, and equity partners.
• Assisted HR with management of health insurance plans rectify issues with provider services.
• Negotiated and closed settlement of asset reconciliations for preparation of merger and IPO and maintained one of the largest individual shareholder groups of the merged company, Riley Exploration Permian, LLC. • Oversaw all land related activities while strategizing overall development plans of multiple company projects across multiple states and basins.
• Coordinate with financial partners to complete all title and financial due diligence for equity partners, bank financing, and mezzanine facilities for a $75M senior line facilities.
• Review and advise attorneys regarding title issues and curative needed during the due diligence process with financial and industry partners.
• Prepare, implement, and manage monthly and annual budgets for lease acquisition, maintenance, and renewals.
• Develop prospects with a global perspective on business development. Estimated value of company net assets was over $100mm.
• Prepare executive presentations for internal investors/owners and industry partners.
• Coordinated with engineering, geology, accounting and finance within company and working interest partners to develop and implement development strategies for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Partnered with Engineering to create and implement updated financial statement spreadsheets, including income and cash flow statements, to include budgeted and actual costs, production, and market rates.
• Partnered with accounting and finance to prepare documentations for annual tax filings and audits required by financial partners in addition to an IRS TEFRA audit.
Awards and Certifications
Registered Landman (RL)
Strategic Planning, Business Operations, Project Management, P&L Responsibility, Land Acquisition, Team Leader, Financial Analysis, Negotiations, Business Development, Joint Ventures, Due Diligence, Prospect Evaluation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Sales Management, Individual Contributor, Supervisory Experience
Bachelor of Business Administration in Energy Management, with a focus in Finance, Accounting, and Economics
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK