Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development Manager will be responsible for new customer acquisition for ceramic products – base and highly technological proppants.
The role will be responsible for pipeline development, client relationship management & own the opportunity management cycle.
This position involves regular travel of approximately 30- 50% of the time both domestic and international and below are the key responsibilities.
- Responsible for sales & business development activities for assigned CARBO’s solution portfolio in the designated NA region.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and assigned strategic account objectives.
- Responsible for acquiring new customers and relationships.
- Establish and manage relationships with client C-level executives, with an objective to drive sales initiatives and go-to-market plan to complement and support CARBO’s business around Product Development, Software Platforms and edge/digital solutions.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop a deep understanding of markets/customers, work with CARBO’s teams globally, and help build the right set of services and business models.
- Prospect and qualify opportunities for consulting services.
- Support Regional Marketing plan – Communication, Event Participation.
- Align actions to department and company vision, mission, strategy and objectives.
- Build a strong internal network and align with key players to support the delivery of projects to customers and execute deals.
- Work with support teams to manage operational issues such as fulfilment, partner relationships, legal, billing and other compliances related topics
- Perform quantitative analysis, and develop proposals, SOW, contract negotiations, MSA and closure, either in the capacity of assisting a larger team or as an individual contributor.
- Develop commercial and pricing strategies for quotations with strong commercial negotiation skills to secure new business.
- Utilize strong account management skills to build effective customer partnerships, achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Business development and cooperation in the development of specific customer strategies and initiation, implementation and tracking of customer-specific marketing measures and representation at trade fairs.
- Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years oilfield industry experience with a solid track record of successful sales, business development, account management, partnership development, or related endeavour.
- The successful candidate must have a viable network in the region. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of frac fluids and/or frac operations preferable.
- Frequent travel and ability to travel on short notice
- Ability to drive to and from a location. Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be available to work in various states and/or any job location sites, variable days, hours and shifts. Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.