By accessing materials on SPE-GCS.org, you acknowledge that:
- You understand that this site is owned and operated by SPE-GCS and that it contains material for which SPE-GCS owns the copyright or has permission to use.
- You are authorized to download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial use only as long as you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- You may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any material from this site, including any programming code and software, in any manner, without the express written permission of SPE-GCS.
- You may not assign or transfer any rights to such material to anyone else.
- You are solely responsible for all access to the site originating with your identification and any password needed for site access.
- You do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any material.
License to SPE-GCS
If you post a message by email to any SPE-GCS list server, online community, or other SPE-GCS site permitting such messages, or if you engage in any other form of communication through this service, you grant SPE-GCS a nonexclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, publish, distribute, adapt, transmit, or publicly display any such communications.
The materials on SPE-GCS.org and its subsidiary sites are provided "As Is" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent possible under applicable law, SPE-GCS claims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. SPE-GCS does not warrant that the function performed on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including list servers, online community software, or the servers that make them available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
SPE-GCS may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others. SPE-GCS has no control or responsibility in any respect for any information, products or services on these third-party sites.
SPE-GCS does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of, or the results of, the materials on this site or in third-party sites in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the risk in using this material and the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair, or correction.
SPE-GCS List Servers and Online Communities
SPE-GCS does not control the messages, information, or files posted to SPE-GCS list servers or online communities. As a condition of use of these tools and SPE-GCS.org you may not:
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national, or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of the privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit, or in any way exploit information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
You understand that SPE-GCS has no obligation to monitor these tools, but reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any legal, regulatory, or governmental requests, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials that, in whole or in part, SPE-GCS deems are objectionable, unrelated to its mission, or in violation of these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
As a condition of use of the list servers or online communities, you agree that neither SPE, its affiliates, nor any subsidiaries shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages caused by the use or posting of any material on the SPE-GCS site by SPE-GCS or any SPE-GCS user.
Notification Regarding Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you note information on any SPE-GCS website, list server, or online community that may constitute copyright infringement, you can notify SPE-GCS to investigate it. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) [DMCA], notification of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to:
Society of Petroleum Engineers – Gulf Coast Section
Web Content Manager
10777 Westheimer Road, Suite 1075
Houston, TX 77042 U.S.A.
Toll Free in the USA and Canada: (877-750-2SPE)
- Under the DMCA, to be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SPE-GCS reserves the right to terminate SPE-GCS.org website or any of its services at any time without notice. Additionally, SPE-GCS may terminate your right to access SPE-GCS.org for violation of any of these terms of service by you at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the terminated services.
Attending SPE-GCS events may require registration and associated fees. All fees are due and payable upon registration for the event. Payment is via credit card, personal check, or cash payment.
Cancellations by Registrant
SPE-GCS recognizes that business demands on participants change and therefore your plans to attend one of our events may change. You must notify the SPE-GCS office of your intent to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the event date to receive a refund. If you are unable to cancel prior to the 24 hours notification period, the fees paid will be donated to the SPE-GCS Scholarship Fund.
Cancellations by SPE-GCS
SPE-GCS reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event without prior notice. SPE-GCS will endeavor to make session cancellation decisions prior to the event date. SPE-GCS is not responsible for any penalties incurred for cancellation or change of event logistics.
SPE-GCS will remit all refunds via check within 14 days of the event cancellation. SPE-GCS cannot issue refunds to credit cards.