Scholarship Application Instructions
APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING & RELATED FIELDS
The scholarship applications are now accepted for 2020-2021 academic year.
Applications are due Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 (11:59pm).
The SPE GCS Scholarship is for students pursuing a career in the oil and gas industry. The scholarship is a renewable yearly scholarship, up to 4 years ($2,500/semester, $5,000/academic year). After the first year, students must meet certain requirements to remain eligible for subsequent scholarships (GPA, full time student, and major - details upon request). Each 2020-21 first-time scholarship recipient may be eligible for a summer internship with an oil and gas company on availability.
This application consists of 5 Sections:
- Confirm Eligibility & Basic Information
- Basic Information
- Detailed Questions
- Academic Achievement
- Extracurricular & Leadership Activities
- Interest in Oil and Gas Industry
- Letters of Recommendation
All sections must be complete before the deadline for the application to be considered.
The preferred method for completing the application is using the new online form, at the link below. You can also download the application document to familiarize yourself with the application. If you have technical difficulties with the new form, or if you have any questions about the application, you may send your application and/or questions to the monitored inbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete the application, you will need to collect several documents, listed below. All documents should be in MC Office, .jpeg, or pdf form and size must be <10 MB.
- Letters of recommendation (2 minimum), may be sent separately from application to email@example.com
- Copy of HS Transcript including Fall semester of senior year
- SAT or ACT Score Report
Application Online Form Link:
SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The application requires several attachments, include proof of SAT score,
Basic elegibility criteria:
To apply for the Gulf Coast Section Annual Scholarship you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior,
- Be planning to study science or engineering as a freshman in college next year,
- Have a permanent address in one of the 29 counties in the Gulf Coast Section
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent ResidentIf you do not attend a high school in one of the 29 counties mentioned above or are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident, you are not eligible for this SPE section scholarship. Additional scholarships may be available through SPE international. For more details, visit: http://www.spe.org/scholarships
The 29 counties included in the SPE Gulf Coast Section are Austin, Brazoria, Brazos, Burleson, Chambers, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Hardin, Harris, Jasper, Jefferson, Lee, Liberty, Madison, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, Tyler, Walker, Waller, Washington, and Wharton.