Experienced Petroleum Engineer in Oil and Gas Industry highly skilled in numerical reservoir modeling and simulation, model surface/subsurface coupling, optimization for field development and redevelopment projects; history of successfully leading complex reservoir simulation studies under different field settings with high-quality results, ability to contribute to multidisciplinary team achievement through hard work, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
PDVSA. Venezuela. 06/2005 to12/2019
Petroleum of Venezuela S.A. is the Venezuelan state-owned oil and natural gas company. It has activities in exploration, production, refining and exporting oil as well as exploration and production of natural gas.
RESERVOIR ENGINEER - DYNAMIC MOD DIV NORTH LAKE. Maracaibo, VEN. 11/2011 to 12/2019
• Responsible for reservoir engineering analysis and evaluation, projects design, modeling and simulation for water flood and chemical IOR/EOR specifically ASP using compositional simulator.
• Updated and Optimizing dynamic model of the LGINF-03 reservoir of the U.P. Rosa Mediano with more than 6884 MMSTB of OOIP and 1200 producer wells, results were encouraging; the recovery factor generated in the ASP injection case increased up to 15% compared to water injection case achieving a cost savings of $10 MM in ASP amount injection with a significant reduction in time based on predictions.
• Contributed to generate 3D new reservoir geomodels by providing reservoir description in SVS005 involving 5 sandstones with 200 wells.
• Reduced risk and uncertainty by 30% conducting studies of flow units in 5 sandstones and 25 reservoirs by applying data acquisition and interpretation skills.
• Built SVS005 and Urdaneta numerical simulation models which resulted in a drilling campaign of 13 wells with a budget of $100 MM.
• Modelled unconventional tight clastic reservoir with a 575 MMTB of OOIP where at least 80% of total wells were hydraulic fractures performed.
• Obtained fracture model and integrated numerical reservoir simulation with hydraulic fracture modeling via history matching against historical pressure, production and injection data.
• Optimized redevelopment field plan through the prediction scenarios supporting drilling campaigns with an ultimate reserve of 158 MMSTB, increasing the recovery factor by 5%.
RESERVOIR ENGINEER DIV APURE. Barinas, VEN. 06/2005 to 11/2011
• Optimized and recommended completion intervals, well evaluation programs and production strategies for new and existing wells for field development plan considering water production control through the application of in-situ polymeric gelling systems.
• Carried out reservoir simulation studies and reserve estimations of different reservoirs included fluvial Tertiary sandstones, and mixed carbonate formations in Guafita and La Victoria Oilfields, results supported a successful drilling campaign of 15 wells with a budget of 150 $MM.
• Generated a detailed reservoir geo-model of La Escandalosa M reservoir in La Victoria field, a depleted reservoir, ending up in a reservoir numerical simulation model. This exhaustive study supported the identification of bypassed oil zones and proposal of one infill well. The well was drilled and produced 1200 STBD and resources of 1.4 MMSTB. Three more wells were proposed with an associated production of 2000 STBD.
• Contributed to team conducting reserve analysis and characterization of the GF-205X trap in the Guafita field.
• Participated in Reservoir Study Characterizations and reserve estimations providing technical support for exploitation plans and proposing infill locations in the mature Guafita and La Victoria oilfields.
Awards and Certifications
• Built a simulation model to evaluate ASP process with 15% greater recovery factor than generated from base case and 10% cost savings of $10 MM in ASP amount injection with a significant reduction in time based on predictions.
• Improved reserve estimations through reservoir simulation studies for fluvial Tertiary sandstones and mixed carbonate formations in Guafita and La Victoria Oilfields; results supported a successful drilling campaign of 15 wells with a budget of $150 MM.
• Generated a detailed reservoir geo-model of La Escandalosa M reservoir in La Victoria field. This exhaustive study supported the identification of bypassed oil zones and the proposal of one infill well which produced 1200 STBD and resources of 1.4 MMSTB. Three more wells were proposed with an associated production of 2000 STBD each one.
• Contributed to conduct reserve analysis and characterization of the GF-205X trap in the Guafita field with a discovery of more than 50 MMSTB reserves, associated with at least five new well opportunities with a production of over 4000 STBD.
• Numerical Reservoir Flow Simulator (Petrel RE, ECLIPSE, TNav, CMG’s IMEX, GEM, STARS, CoFlow).
• Material Balance and Decline Analysis Models (OFM, MBAL, Crystal Ball).
• Well Pressure Test Models (Saphir, PanSystem).
• Geological Models (Petrel).
• Pipeline Nodal Analysis Models (Pipesim, WELLFLO, PROSPER).
• Hydraulic Fracture Modeling and Creation (FracCade, Gopher, CMG)
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Network Models (GAP).
• Reservoir engineering.
• Reservoir development scenarios.
• Strong analytical, communication and computer skills.
• Bilingual in English-Spanish.
• Ability to work remotely.
-INSTITUTO SUPERIOR DE LA ENERGIA & HERIOT WATT UNIVERSITY (SPAIN & UK). 09/2006 to 07/2007
MS in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, Reservoir Evaluation and Management.
Project: “Increase of the Recovery Factor through Characterization of the O-16 and M-19 Blocks. Carabobo Field. Orinoco Oil Belt. Venezuela”
-UNIVERSIDAD DEL ZULIA (MARACAIBO, VENEZUELA). 12/1998 to 12/2004
BSc in Petroleum Engineering.
Thesis: “Reviewing and Updating of a Naturally Fractured Cretaceous and Basement Reservoir Simulation Model in Mara-La Paz Field”.