Henry Ford once said: "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
As a daily consumer, I understand the vitality of energy to every part of life. As a Petroleum Engineering, I am committed to help employers to produce oil and gas more safely and effectively.
I do so by learning and applying new technology developments in the industry. I'm especially interested in AI and Machine Learning, because they're the new directions of the future.
However, this will not undermine the importance of teamwork and collaboration. To me, it’s exciting to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment, because it helps us solve a problem with varied perspectives – and therefore, be more productive.
I'm looking to be a part of a team where we can use our skills and talents, where we can work together to build a better future of the energy industry, and deliver the energy people need.
Would you like a quick chat?
I'd love the opportunity to share in more detail why I'd be a great addition to your team as a young, aspirational engineer.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (281)-707-0505.
MOBLIZE – Houston, TX 03/2019 - 07/2020
Business Analyst – Petroleum Engineer
• Analyzed and translated new product knowledge in easy-to-understand logics and facilitated developers in US and Global team (Columbia, India, and Vietnam)
• Trained and facilitated testing team and several developers by giving them drilling and completions engineering knowledge; point of contact for multiple teams; product team, developers, data engineers and infrastructure
• Executed QA/QC efforts along with the developers to ensure that client requirements are met
• Mentored functional, regression, integration, and performance testing efforts for new and existing drilling and completions analytic tools
Drilling Analytics Engineer
• Enabled drilling engineers across clients to make educated and quick decisions by gathering and analyzing real-time drilling data and ensuring minimal errors
• Imported various drilling operation data including: AFE’s, Well Directional Surveys, Well plans, Well Formation Markers, BHAs, and Casing Information from multiple sources
• Assisted with Torque & Drag, Tubular Stress: Buckling Analysis, Casing Air Section Optimization modelling
Selected for the role of Business Analyst based on performance, skillset and communication skills
Laboratory Assistant, University of Houston – Houston, TX 08/2017 - 03/2019
• Performed laboratory tests to determine chemical & physical characteristics of petroleum products, such as porosity, permeability, fluid saturations, capillary characteristics, compressibility, etc.
• Operated laboratory equipment and instruments such as viscometer, chemical balance scales
• Prepared chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
• Cleaned and sterilized laboratory equipment.
Integrated Reservoir Management of the South Cowden Field, University of Houston 08/2017 - 12/2017
• Developed a reservoir management plan for the South Cowden Field in the Permian basin, operated by Occidental Petroleum (OXY).
• Processed and interpreted over 200 well logs and core data of 80 wells in Permian basin using TECHLOG.
• Utilized PETREL software to build 3D model containing faults, horizon, and properties.
• Provided data to generate simulation models in CMG, performed history match and forecasted development scenarios.
Awards and Certifications
• Certified training for CMG (Reservoir Simulation Software) at Computer Modelling Group, 2019.
• Awarded BP Scholarship for outstanding scholastic standards, University of Houston, May 2018.
Experienced in Techlog, Petrel, CMG, Python, Adobe Premiere, Adobe XD
Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, MS Access
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering 01/2017 - 05/2018
University of Houston – Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Geology Engineering 09/2011 - 05/2016
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology – Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam | Summa Cum Laude