Seeking growth in a technical sales position while developing my knowledge & growing the company. Twelve years of experience in consultative sales to large/small oil & gas and service companies working in a fast paced environment, growing existing business, opening doors, working with multiple projects, and achieving personal & company goals. Results driven individual with, strong interpersonal, customer service, business to business relations, and organizational skills.
Tubacex Group, Houston, TX 2018-2021
Technical Sales Manager
▪ Initiate discussions with end users, distributors, and traders to find new avenues for Stainless Steel OCTG, Line Pipe, Tubing, Bars & Billets evolving into $3.1 million dollars in sales on new projects & approvals of products to the operator’s portfolio.
▪ Develop working relationships to achieve long term contracts with service companies, TechnipFMC and Baker Hughes as well with operators, ExxonMobil and Chevron for major projects and on-going business.
▪ Influence key decision makers of customers to audit our mills and approve us on their AVL for bidding major projects globally.
▪ Lead major conferences regionally and nationally to promote Tubacex’s products, services, and technologies across many accredited associations such as API, NACE, and ISO.
U.S. Bolt Manufacturing, Inc., Houston, TX 2016 - 2017
▪ Build a business model for customer initiatives to grow & set a foundation for business in new segments & markets, generating $700,000 in sales.
▪ Expand existing network of contacts from cold calls, organized technical forums, industry events & drop-ins, producing leads for quotes with new clients, leading to 6 new key accounts.
▪ Create opportunities for business in aftermarket groups, leading to 100% quotes of API 20E bolting in this segment.
▪ Reach out with new & existing customers to initiate discussions on plans for new and upcoming fastener change out.
Tenaris, Houston, TX 2014 – 2016
▪ Prepared and presented to engineers and procurement groups to promote product capabilities, performance, and capacities. Developed trusting relationships with key decision makers.
▪ Initiated discussions with current & new customers over existing and future rig activity for quoting over $3 million in pipe & connectors.
▪ Organized proposals for conductor pipe and connectors, working closely with commercial sales to provide technical support, specs, price, delivery and contract details worth $500,000+
▪ Influenced product engineering and research & development for customer requirements, resulting in full qualification programs for major operators.
▪ Communicated closely with product engineering to ensure product enhancements with industry best practices, designs and operations for the product.
Dril-Quip, Houston, TX 2009 – 2014
▪ Educated the customer by providing specifications & capabilities, developing better customer relationships and competency in our products.
▪ Offered quotes to the customer for $750,000+ systems reflecting timely & competent deliverables based on technical & budgetary bid offerings.
▪ Communicated with inside sales & transformed quotations into sales orders after PO approval from the customer, generating bookings and sales of over $4 million a year in products and services.
▪ Directed engineering to ensure well & equipment drawings were complete and accurate.
▪ Provided technical support to the customer, verified equipment compatibility and capacities.
▪ Assisted the rigs in equipment questions, producing a 100% success rate on delivery reliability, emphasizing to the customer any operational risks they may decide to take.
Inside Sales 2007 – 2009
▪ Aided outside sales in generating, revising, and approving sales orders.
▪ Expedited backlogged items for rigs to aid in avoidance of potentially costly situations. 100% success in keeping rigs running without a shutdown from delivery, saving $500,000+ for the customer / company.
▪ Alerted outside sales and management of items that could exceed customer’s delivery, while keeping the customer abreast of any concerns in the manufacturing process to assist in their business planning.
▪ Met with a variety of departments ranging from forging to shipping to ensure proper schedules were created to fulfill obligations made with the customer.
▪ Texas A&M University, College Station, TX December 2006
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Distribution
▪ Sales Force CRM 2017-Present
▪ Dril-Quip Subsea Wellhead and Completions Training 2006-2014
▪ Dril-Quip Liner Hanger Systems Training 2006-2014
▪ Safe Gulf / METS Helicopter Underwater Egress Training/Water Survival July 2008