Shelley, Robert (Andy)
Available for employment. Team leader on international multi-billion dollar and smaller pipeline projects over 12 years with ExxonMobil. Effective management skills in developing teams, coordination, and direct and indirect communication styles with multinational teams to deliver projects and manage risks. Applies critical thinking to identify and resolve scopes on critical path while maintaining big picture impacts. Work experiences demonstrate ability to empower, anticipate, and solve problems to deliver successful projects. International expat locations include Kazakhstan, UAE, Qatar, and Italy.
EXXONMOBIL 2009 - 2021
Project Lead (Seconded to Qatargas), Doha, Qatar 2019 - 2021
Managed delivery of pipeline engineering scope for Barzan Pipeline Project EPC $2 billion contract awarded to Saipem to support construction phase.
• Supervised and led delivery of engineering scope of sour gas service corrosion resistant alloy (CRA) onshore and offshore pipelines with multinational teams in multiple work site locations. Industry leading technology application of CRA material and welding.
• Collaborated with contractor to plan and devise solutions for multi-discipline problems, preventing impact to project schedule. Solutions prevented 3-to-6-month delay.
• Built client relations with Qatargas Operations by leading design reviews and engagement during construction for ease of asset handover.
• Identified and implemented solutions of 2 contract scope gaps to prevent schedule disruption.
Project Lead (Seconded to Qatargas), Fano, Italy 2018 - 2019
Managed delivery of pipeline engineering scope for Barzan Pipeline Project EPC $2 billion contract awarded to Saipem.
• Established new office in a month and led delivery of engineering scope of sour gas service corrosion resistant alloy (CRA) onshore and offshore pipelines with multinational teams in multiple work site locations. First weld was completed 6 months after contract award.
• Conducted 30%, 60%, and 90% reviews with clients, Qatargas Operations. Project scope included industry leading application of CRA material and welding.
• Developed solutions for multi-discipline problems including plant and vendor component interfaces.
• Implemented constructability at design stage to minimize at site changes and schedule impacts.
Project Lead (Seconded to Qatargas), Doha, Qatar 2017 - 2018
Managed delivery of pipeline engineering scope for $2 billion Barzan Pipeline Project in concept select and FEED project stage.
• Guided development of 6-month FEED including technical scope and specifications with Wood Group.
• Developed technical sections of tendering bid package, evaluation, and award of EPC Contract.
• Owned project timeline with multinational teams in Doha and Houston, Texas through strong coordination and communication to achieve project timeline.
• Repaired relationship with Qatargas Operations to understand root cause failure analysis and implementation of Lessons Learned into project.
Project Lead (Seconded to Qatargas), Dubai, United Arab Emirates 2017
• During weld evaluation with clients created viewing area for clients from technicians. Resulted in improved safety during operation and faster scanning of welds.
• Integrated with multinational team to create plan for removal of riser and fit for service evaluation.
Project Engineer (Seconded to North Caspian Operating Co), Atyrau, Kazakhstan 2015 - 2016
Responsible for planning and safe execution of offshore construction and pre-commissioning for Kashagan Replacement Pipeline with Corrosion Resistant Alloy (CRA), $4 billion dollar project. Guided multinational teams at site and in office locations.
• Managed pre-commissioning team from planning through execution over 6 months. Resulted in on scheduled handover of asset.
• Led multidisciplinary risk assessments and onboarding workshops for offshore personnel.
• Developed plans and procedures in 100+ documents for construction of industry leading application of CRA material and welding.
• Utilized efficient working relationships with Saipem led to on schedule delivery of multi-billion-dollar pipeline project.
Installation Engineer, Houston, TX 2012 - 2015
Managed development of technical and constructability documentation for offshore installation activities ranging from heavy lifts, subsea installations, and pipe-lay for projects ranging in Gulf of Mexico, Black Sea, Eastern Canada, and West Africa.
• Executed multiple project shipments of large cargo at sea for Marine Well Containment Project from Europe to Texas Gulf Coast.
• Achieved installation and recovery after 6 months installation of subsea skid in the Black Sea with a 10+ person team.
• Advised installation considerations during design phase of an offshore tanker loading system in Eastern Canada.
Pipeline Engineer, Houston, TX 2009 - 2012
• Monitored industry projects and schedules, supporting yearly future gas supply outlook.
• Implemented pipeline concepts into Eastern Russia Gas and Power Marketing plans.
• Created internal community practice ExxonMobil Pipeline Riser Network with 100+ initial members.
Awards and Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)
+ Onshore and Offshore pipeline design and construction.
+ Detailed Engineering
+ Project Managment
+ Team building with multi cultural teams
+ Project Planning
+ Risk Management
+ Master of Science (MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX
• Master Thesis: Heat Transfer of a Single Wall Carbon Nanotube
+ Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO
• Minor in Economics
• Summa Cum Laude
• NCAA Scholarship Athlete - All-American Swimmer