INNOVATIVE DRILLING ENGINEER SEEKING A FIELD OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP
My main objective is to utilize my education in petroleum engineering to gain an experienced level position and join a petroleum team to develop my skills as a field engineer.
PEMEX – Mexico
Drilling fluids supervisor. Nov ’15 – Jan ‘17
• Provided onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping.
• Suggested solutions for eventual problems during the drilling process
• Coordinated logistics to provide on time drilling fluid supplies to the rig.
Well Engineer Jan ‘11 – Jun ‘11
• Supervised Drilling Operations.
• Helped leading the drilling team in the forecasting, planning and delivering of a well in production.
• Ensured that adequate safety norms are used by site personnel ensuring that the Company HSE policy is effectively implemented and that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner.
• Built ongoing relationships with key members and functional managers within the organization.
• Supervised facilities, engineers, and contract gaugers in the field
SCHLUMBERGER – Mexico
Cementing Trainee (Well Services) Jan ‘06 – Mar ‘06
Collaboration program between UNAM and SLB
• Ensured that the correct Equipment and Products arrive on time on location, and are rigged up, tested and ready to perform the job as requested by client.
• Assisted the Field Supervisor preparing all the required pre and post job paperwork and job tickets on time and without errors as per company policies.
• Performed preventive maintenance on equipment as directed.
• Ensured unit/s is/are in safe, clean, and proper working condition for the next service job.
UNIVERSIDAD POLITÉCNICA DEL GOLFO DE MÉXICO
Full time Professor. Jan ’09 – Present
• Organic and inorganic chemistry
• Fluid Mechanics
• Stimulation and Fracturing
• Well Design – Production
• Properties of Petroleum Fluids
• Drilling Fluids Lab
• Drilling engineering
• Reservoir management
• Unconventional Drilling and Completions
Head of the Petroleum Engineering Department Sep ’11 – Dec ‘13
• Correctly defined strategies to improve learning processes
• Recruited experienced professors to improve the academic level of the department
• Collaborated in the definition of schedule and distribution of classes
• Followed up the academic performance of students
• Encouraged professors to generate innovative research projects
• Created an efficient student team to perform philanthropy activities for the benefit of the community
Awards and Certifications
Society of Petroleum Engineers International (SPE) Professional Member
o Petrobowl Player from LSU (2020 -2021)
o LSU SPE Student Chapter President (2020 – 2021) and Vice president (2021 -2022)
o SPE Excellence Award (2019) and SPE Presidential Award for Outstanding Student Chapter (2020) winner at UPGM.
o Faculty Advisor and founder of UPGM SPE Student Chapter (2014-2020)
o Petrobowl Championship Staff (Judge, 2016; Timekeeper, 2017; Scorekeeper, 2018; Moderator, 2019)
o International Student Paper Contest Judge (2016 - 2020)
o Mentor of the UPGM participants of the SPE Regional Student Paper Contest (from 2015 to present)
- PetroCup 2015 and 2016 organizer.
- President of the organizing committee of the first, second and third “International Petroleum Engineering Students Conference”, 2012, 2013 and 2014, respectively.
CMG, Techlog, Fortran, Python, MS Office Suite
Spanish: Fluent; mother language
English: Fluent. 96 pts TOEFL iBT
Italian: Read, write, understand. CELI 3, B grade
French: Student of intermediate level
Petroleum Engineering, Ph.D. Student Jan ‘19 - Present
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Expected Graduation Date: 2022
Research focus: Fluid Flow in the wellbore, drilling and completions drilling mud design.
Petroleum Engineering M.Sc., GPA 3.4 Aug ‘05 – Dec ‘08
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Thesis: Design and selection of a low-density sea water-based drilling fluid by
rheological and thixotropic behavior used to drill highly fractured and depleted formations.
Chemical Engineering, B.Sc., GPA: 3.6 Sep ‘00 – Dec ‘04
Instituto Tecnológico de Villahermosa
Graduated by high GPA. Professional practices on: Reduction of Cr VI to Cr III in sewage by using an electrochemical reactor.