Senior Process Engineer
Positively Impact Profitability by Delivering Engineering Solutions for Gas Processing
Versatile professional who successfully demonstrated leadership in design solutions and leverages cross-functional job disciplines to connect business needs, performing engineering tasks during project execution. Experienced in all phases of project delivering process design, optimization and solutions in processing facilities. Good at designing, building and starting up custom-engineered, integrated stick-built or modular turn-key systems. Bilingual - English and Hindi.
Complex Process Systems | Equipment Sizing | Project Engineering | Technology Sales | Operations Support | Cost Estimates
CHEVRON, Houston, TX 2014 - 2020
Senior Process Engineer 2017 - 2020
Delivered solutions in leadership role for major capital ($500M) and brownfield ($50M) projects for Karachaganak (Kazakhstan) facility based on design scope, technical assurances, and benchmarking analysis. Contributed technical support for operations and optimization improvement.
• Drove 7% increase in liquid production by optimizing dehydration system, stabilizer reboiler and compressor capacity as subject matter expert (SME) and leader.
• Saved $350M in additional processes by providing expertise in optimizing existing system capacities.
• Reduced downtime for facilities fouling issues by providing chemical management for hydrate prevention.
• Facilitated identification of KPI targets by analyzing and evaluating benchmark production efficiency and reliability for several facilities.
Senior Process Engineer 2014 - 2017
Provided technical and new technology support for global domestic and international operations business units.
• Utilization of Gas/Liquid separation technology in optimizing $50M investment in oil gathering project by directing resources towards alleviating loss of containment for water tanks.
• Enabled 10% saving on modifications to existing dehydration by reviewing plant limitations related to decrease in production.
• Provided expertise for technology development in designing from lab testing to pilot plants for Mol Sieve (patent), Liquid Expander system (increase LNG recovery) and oil/gas fluid characterization.
ENERFLEX, Houston, TX 2005 - 2014
Senior Process Engineer
Acted as 1st line of technical contact for customer scope and project specifications. Developed and prepared complex simulation, process sizing (heat exchangers, pumps, vessels, compressors, fired heaters, electric heaters, and distillation columns), cost estimates and technical proposals.
• Boosted $100M+ in equipment packages sales by developing new product line: Gas Treating (Amine), Gas Dehydration (TEG & Mol Sieves), liquid recovery plants and cryogenic packages.
• Improved productivity 7% and lead time by implementing and streamlining vendors design and performance of proposed equipment. Ensured technical requisition, delivery and reliability.
• Enhanced efficiency 10% through cost estimating and technical proposal processes by developing customer product application workflows.
• Shortened lead time 5% by delivering 30+ processing equipment P&ID's, PFD's, data sheets, operating procedures manuals and start-up manuals.
• Made certain products met design criteria with vendors by resolving process safety, HAZOP, technical clarifications, installations and start-up operation issues.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
EXTERRAN (Formerly Hanover), Houston, TX, Application Engineer
Improved 95%+ utilization for re-conditioned oil and gas equipment. Delivered optimum process solutions and competitive O&M cost estimates. Increased sales $50M+ and provided equipment selection and technical proposals per customers’ specification for oil / gas / water process equipment.
Awards and Certifications
Patent: Mol Sieve LPG Regeneration System, #10,099,168, 2018
Course: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
COMPUTER SKILLS & INDUSTRY STANDARDS
Proficient in: HYSYS Suite, PVTSim, HTRI, BRE PROMAX, OSI PI Vision, ASPEN FLARE, MYSEP, KOCH / SULZER, Tower, FIRSTVUE Valve Sizing, Frick Coolware, Howden / MYCOM / Ariel Compressor, iPRSM (Relief), PSV's sizing, Power BI, Seeq.
Codes and standards: API, ASME, ISA, NACE
Bachelor of Science (BS), Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK