I have 15 years experience in the Oil and Gas Industry in geoscience and project management. While Team Lead I managed a multi-discipline team of 50 people. As project lead I managed a multi-division team assembled to identify and address key uncertainties in one of our assets.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY – Houston, TX 2017 – 2020
Project Lead – West Virginia Division – Utica / Point Pleasant
• Project lead for the Utica and Point Pleasant team, a cross-divisional team put together to appraise Southwestern assets across the Appalachian Basin.
• Wrote the project charter, developed the project Gantt, and managed key timelines and deliverables associated with geologic basin segmentation and economic evaluation by segment.
• Monitored and incorporated offset activity.
• Project manager for the company-wide Petrel implementation. We sunset a number of enterprise-level software packages and implemented new data governance and data management best practices.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY – Houston, TX 2016 – 2017
Staff Geologist – West Virginia Division – Marcellus Shale
• Conducted field study in preparation for a return to drilling activity.
• Analyzed fracture data from whole core to determine their significance with respect to production.
• Described whole core, mapped regional depositional system, and developed facies model.
• Prepared field for a return to full scale development, including spotting wells.
• Created geo progs, initiated the permit process, approved AFE's, and drilled horizontal wells.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY – Houston, TX 2015 – 2016
Geosciences Manager – Fayetteville Shale Division
• Shifted from drilling wells to inventory management and projects meant to generate new inventory, cut cost and slow base decline.
• Facilitated the meeting out of which division level strategies arose.
• Helped the team turn the discussion into strategies used as the foundation for division level projects addressing inventory, cost, and base decline.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY – Houston, TX 2012 – 2015
Team Lead - Fayetteville Shale Division
• Managed a multi-disciplinary asset team of 50 people.
• Planned and executed 300 well asset development program.
• Managed an eight-rig development schedule.
• Ensured strategic and annual asset management plans aligned with overall business goals and strategies.
• Developed asset needs and communicated needs to upper management.
• Troubleshot real-time drilling issues by ensuring proper communication and coordination between geology and drilling staff.
Project Charter | Project Gantt | Data Governance | Data Management | Mapped Depositional Systems | Facies Models | Spot Wells | Geo Progs | Horizontal Well Drilling | Inventory Management | Meeting Facilitation | Excellent Verbal and Written Skills | SMT Kingdom | Petrel | Petra | Boresight Geosteering Software | Spotfire Data Analytics | Collaborative | Problem Solving | Motivation and Inspiration of Others | Microsoft Office Suites
MBA – Tulane University – A.B. Freeman School of Business – New Orleans, Louisiana – 2010 - 2012
MS in Geology – University of Montana – Missoula, Montana – 2003 - 2006
BS in Geology – University of the South – Sewanee, Tennessee – 1996 - 2000