Highly motivated early career Petroleum Engineer with 5 years of industry knowledge and experience in a broad range of upstream oil and gas operations. Eager to learn and improve processes in safety, cost efficiency and performance. Achieves success by taking charge of demanding projects, challenging existing processes, providing innovative solutions, learning from experienced teammates and bridging engineering principles to real-world techniques. Familiar with drilling and completions operations in a variety of land and offshore basins. Keen to apply skills, learn from, and grow with an oil and gas operating company.
Completions Engineer – Houston, TX (February 2020 - June 2020)
• Liaison between Planning, Reservoir, Drilling and Production groups for integral completions design in Delaware (Texas) and Bakken (North Dakota) basins.
• Successfully designed the first completion program for 3 mile extended-reach lateral to include cost, time and material efficiency analyses for Frac-Prep, Frac, Clean-Out and Tubing installation.
• Implemented new reporting structure for monthly, quarterly and annual accruals for public financial reporting within the completions group.
• Utilized OpenWells and Enertia software to track field costs and reports for all completions activities in Texas and North Dakota.
• Optimized perforation, cluster and volume designs in accordance with Reservoir department for best and most cost-effective production.
• Created improved standardized completions procedure across both Texas and North Dakota basins.
Field Engineer II (Frac) – Williston, ND (December 2018 – February 2019)
• Lead frac operations in Bakken and Three Forks shales.
• Spearheaded cost saving projects in Completions, Production and Midstream by utilizing vibration monitoring of equipment saving $8,000,000+, $3,000,000+, $8,000,000+ USD, respectively.
• Responsible for up to $10MM in assets on location for each well.
• Successfully achieved zero incidents performance in 2019 by strengthening JSA culture and safety standards on site
• Managed inventory of all fracturing chemicals, proposed cost saving initiatives in chemical utilization
• Compiled analysis and reporting for company personnel for both stage and End Of Well deliverables using FracPro and OpenWells.
• Performed pre-job analysis on slurry to determine visc., break time, crosslink time and proppant fallout time, as well as freshwater testing.
Schlumberger - Drilling & Measurements - Youngsville, LA (September 2016 – December 2018)
Field Engineer (M/LWD)
• Engineer-In-Charge logging and measurements while drilling for ultra-Deepwater operations, ensuring 100% data quality and zero incidents.
• Programmed and calibrated advanced logging tools in order to efficiently acquire high-quality logging data based on well plan complexity, real-time monitoring of drilling parameters and downhole measurements for on-the-spot decisions.
• Improved methods to account for collar wear effects of nuclear density/porosity measurements.
• Mentored less-experienced employees on advanced logging tools.
• Lead successful logging and measurement of 15+ tight-hole, high pressure/temperature, deep-water exploration wells for BP, Anadarko, Shell, BHP in Gulf of Mexico.
• Geosteered extended laterals in the Anadarko Basin with Continental Resources.
Pennsylvania State University - University Park, PA (May – August 2015)
Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Studied proppant permeability, measuring techniques and equipment in order to better understand hydraulic fracturing processes.
• Tested various proppants types to determine their respective permeabilities in a university laboratory environment.
• Presented summary of research to board of professors.
Talisman Energy USA - Pittsburgh, PA (May - August 2014)
Drilling and Completions Intern
• Evaluated economics of Coiled Tubing vs. Service Rig for composite frac-plug drill outs in extended length Marcellus Shale laterals.
• Proposed the safest and most cost-effective means to drill out frac plugs based on field data.
• Analyzed friction between 2.000 inch and 2.375 inch size Coiled Tubing, recommended improvements for CT operations.
• Identified safety hazards and inefficiencies in rig up and rig down of Coiled Tubing and Service Rig operations, updated risk assessment sheet.
• Proposed the most economic friction reducing chemicals used in Marcellus with WellView software.
• Presented cost/efficiency/safety comparison of Coiled Tubing and Snubbing Unit to managers and VPs.
ROC Service Co. - Washington, PA (May – August, 2012 & 2013)
• Installed compressors, GPUs and flow lines for Chevron, EQT and Range Resources.
• Received a corporate reward as safest crew evaluated by Chevron on Bercosky pad.
• Assured readiness of pipelines, tubing and valves for pressure testing via x-ray analysis.
Awards and Certifications
SafeGulf SafeLand USA
WildWell Supervisor Level
• Enertia, OpenWells, FracPro, Spotfire, Matlab, Python, C++, Microsoft Office Suite, VBA, WellView, RigView, TechLog, Petrel, Aries
• Fluent in English and Russian. Basic knowledge of Spanish.
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
o Bachelor of Science in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, May 2016
Texas A&M International University
o MBA Program (finishing 2021)