Project Cost Engineer
Talented and resourceful multilingual Project Controls Specialist with a diverse and comprehensive experience of cross-functional skills for the Oil & Gas Business and Industrial projects at international organizations. Worked with a broad variety of Clients with extensive years of experience in various Project Controls fields with exposure on Engineering, Purchasing and Construction. Duties and responsibilities have ranged from cost engineering/control and estimating to risk assessment, procurement and benchmarking.
Energetic, enthusiast and passionate about cost control, analyzing data and delivering results. Tailored to work at the level of detail required ranging from “down in the weeds” to “big multi-million picture”.
CONOCOPHILLIPS, Houston, TX, USA 2012 - 2021
Senior Project Cost Engineer / Analyst
Cost Forecasting Analysis and Consolidation of the Facilities Eagle Ford program.
Managed budget, costs and forecasts for overall capital spending of an average of $300MM on over 200 projects per year for Facilities, Infrastructure and Base programs.
• Led the effort and managed projects forecasts and month end closings (accruals and monthly project reports) with a team of 3 project control professionals
• Defined and orchestrated the monthly forecasting process (deliverables, due dates, preparation and review meetings, cost variances and trend analysis)
• Adapted and consolidated the development of the quarterly and annual 10-year long range plan (LRP) to support management’s strategy and decision making by working in close cooperation with Strategic Planning and stakeholders
• Analyzed planning and scheduling activities that identified and illustrated the forecast spent and variances, as well as any risks on future projects
• Chaired the internal benchmarking process on a bi-yearly basis, communicating the analysis which resulted in the revision of cost estimate templates
• Coordinated data collection for physical progress for various control accounts, working directly with specific contractors to accumulate and collect monthly performance data (i.e.: labor hours, cost details)
• Coordinated and continually maintained strong relationships with Project Managers, Project Team, Project Development Engineers, Finance, Supply Chain and Construction for the alignment and communication of projects cost performance and main variances to support monthly and annual budgets.
TECHNIP FMC USA, Houston, TX, USA 2005 - 2012
Prepared project capital cost estimates covering a wide range of projects at onshore facilities.
• Ensured timely & professional delivery of cost estimates to support decision making, alternatives study, contracts award and change orders negotiations, as well as recommendations concerning project risks,
• Prepared preliminary and final cost estimates for EPC (Order of Magnitude, Reimbursable and Lump Sum contract basis) by using the necessary tools and collaborating with various teams to ensure good communication throughout the process and meet the estimate target,
• Analyzed estimates and quotations and benchmarked them against certified cost data, company norms and international indexes.
• Project Cost Estimates ≥ $500 MM
Estimates cost order of magnitude ranged between $500 MM to $12,000 MM for a diverse number of clients such as Anadarko Mozambique, Noble LNG, PEMEX, Gulf LNG, Chevron among others.
• Project Cost Estimates < $500 MM
Estimates cost order of magnitude ranged between $40 MM to $400 MM for a diverse number of clients such as ConocoPhillips, Sinclair, BASF, Exxon and Termigas among others
• Other Class 3/4/5 Cost Estimates & Support
Cost Order of Magnitude ranged between $40 MM to $300 MM for a diverse number of clients such as Deepstar CNG, Williams, PDVSA and CPCHEM among others
TECHNIP USA, Houston, TX, USA 2005 - 2012
Lead Cost Controller
Reimbursable Project. Cost Control and Change Management for the Sweeny NOx Reduction Project, VOC Project Appraisal Phase and the OSBL Project Development Phase.
• Managed, controlled and monitored month end Cost reports and accounting reconciliations for Technip Management and Client, as part of the monthly performance reporting process
• Analyzed project cost variances and performance, presenting key findings to project manager
• Kept key team members, Client and other stakeholders informed regarding project status, cost performance, meeting outcomes, and other critical information in a timely manner
• Supported project manager with monthly forecasting and trending efforts. Once reviewed and approved, input project forecasts into the applicable systems and reports
• Collaborated with Finance, Accounting and Procurement in the Client invoicing process to ensure accuracy and better financial forecast,
• Generated special reports, such as, Cash Flows and Project Expenditure Forecasts for the Project Manager and the Client.
Reliable and Trustworthy
Self-Motivated and Curious
Detail Oriented and Efficient
Methodical and Accurate
Adaptable and Dependable
Tools: MS Office, PIMS, SAP, PowerBI. WellView Peloton
Bachelor’s degree in Economics | SMU Caracas, Venezuela