NEWPARK FLUIDS SYSTEMS – Katy, Texas 2014 – 2020
Technology Manager – Product Development (2018 – 2020)
Managed product development for drilling and completion fluids. Led a technical team of 5 in product development and budgeting.
• Strategized and planned product development, which considerably revitalized the product line and increased revenue.
• Influenced decisions made by team members when designing new products. This initiative measurably reduced complexity while increasing manufacturability.
• Planned $100,000 + budgets for conferences, equipment, and capital expenses for the department, to ensure up to date knowledge and equipment for future projects.
• Received restricted stock awards of 471 shares in 2018 and 1000 shares in 2019 for contributions to Newpark’s Technical Innovation.
Supervisor Technology (Advisor)/Principal Scientist (2014 – 2018)
Developed various products for all types of drilling and completion fluids.
• Created an emulsifier used in fluids to drill over 30 off-shore wells and 2 million + feet of on-shore US wells, resulting in revenue of $40 million + in 2018-2019.
• Mentored and taught team members about product development and chemistry, which distinctly increased product and chemical knowledge.
• Designed 4 new products with reduced toxicity and improved manufacturability.
HALLIBURTON – Houston, Texas 2005 – 2014
Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist (2005 – 2014)
Developed various products for all types of drilling and completion fluids with focus on lost circulation and corrosion.
• Designed and evaluated 5 new products which generated $1 million + revenue during first 5 years of use.
• Authored or co-authored 10 papers.
• Redesigned 1 significant product, which improved performance.
• Invented or co-invented 31 patents with 20 ideas submitted in 2013 alone.
Ph.D. in Chemistry – Texas A&M University – 2002
Dissertation: “Structural Studies of Transition Metal Complexes of Electron-Rich Cis-Dithiolate Ligands”
B.S. Chemistry – Grove City College – Grove City, PA – 1998