A highly motivated, proactive, and innovative senior geologist with 14 years of demonstrated experience in development and exploration geology (both conventional and unconventional oil and gas systems), mapping, prospect analysis, and project management. Utilizes comprehensive experience to develop new ideas, optimize and prioritize field development, and organize large amounts of data all while using efficient time management skills. A technically oriented team player with experience to collaborate or confidently work independently during projects.
Supervisor – Geology for Appalachian Basin 3/2019-6/2020
Montage Resources, Irving, TX
• Supervise and lead geology team of 2-4 early to mid-career geologists Geoscientists.
• Generated petrophysical and geological maps based on subsurface properties to high-grade geological sweet spots therefore optimizing the drill schedule.
• Collaborate with drilling, completions, and reservoir teams to optimize operations and reduce overall costs by 10% in Utica and Marcellus wells.
• Problem solve hydraulic fracture interaction using geomechanics and geochemistry to improve spacing and production.
• Responsible for supervising 1-2 rigs drilling horizontal Utica and Marcellus wells.
• Worked closely with geophysicist to interpret seismic for drilling risks.
• Recommend and evaluate multiple asset acquisition and divestitures for the company.
Senior Operations Geologist for Appalachian Basin 5/2017-3/2019
Eclipse Resources, State College, PA
• Team lead Operations Geologist overseeing 2 early career Geoscientists.
• Lead Geologist on new acquisition in Flat Castle area worth $100 MM in January 2018.
• Performed petrophysical log analysis and created original gas in place, isopach, and pay maps.
• Responsible for supervising and geosteering 2 rigs drilling horizontal super lateral Utica wells up to 20,000 feet in lateral length.
• Work closely with operations department to evaluate engineered completions on long laterals.
• Review core and cuttings to determine mineralogy, calibrate logs and incorporate into petrophysical model.
• Analyze geomechanics and geochemistry to determine the importance of rock mechanics, gas composition and maturity in the production of the wells.
Senior Geologist/Geologist/Associate Geologist 8/2006-4/2016
QEP Resources (formerly Questar Exploration and Production), Denver, CO
Uinta Basin: Green River and Mesaverde Formations
• Generated new Green River unconventional oil prospects.
• Performed petrophysical log analysis and created original oil in place, isopach, and pay maps.
• Developed geologic depositional model and predicted reservoir trends using porosity and oil in place maps.
• Evaluated multiple acquisitions and lease sales.
• Analyzed core and cuttings to determine mineralogy and calibrate logs.
• Worked closely with reservoir engineers to plan vertical and horizontal wells with consideration for economic limits.
• Designed database and maps to track and compare offset operator activity.
• Mentored three early career geologists.
Powder River Basin: Shannon and Sussex Formations
• Mapped unconventional horizontal targets in the Shannon and Sussex sandstone intervals.
• Calculated oil volumetrics and worked with reservoir engineer to determine economics and spacing.
• Geosteered multiple Sussex wells in horizontal drilling program.
• Evaluated lease sales and non-op proposals throughout basin.
• Created presentation with maps, exhibits, and cross-sections for divestiture of Powder River Basin asset.
Pinedale Anticline: Lance and Mesaverde Formations
• Responsible for planning five-year drilling program with over 100 wells per year within the low permeability pay.
• Analyzed wells for interference and adjusted drilling pattern for appropriate drainages.
• Coordinated mud logging, wireline logging, and core acquisition for geologic evaluation.
• Managed up to four rigs drilling directional wells over three years.
Greater Green River Basin: Almond Sandstone and Mesaverde Formations
• Preformed geologic evaluations of reservoir intervals and advised on completion design.
• Managed multi-basin rig operations, including wireline and specialty logging design and execution.
• Evaluated image logs through the Baxter shale interval for natural fractures and horizontal well potential.
San Juan Basin: Mesaverde, Lewis Shale, and Pictured Cliffs Formations
• Constructed net sandstone isopach maps and integrated production data to select drill sites.
• Generated prospects and new wells in multiple intervals.
• Unconventional and conventional reservoirs including tight sandstones, carbonates and shales.
• Generation of cross-sections, maps, and petrophysical models.
• Acquisition and Divestiture project experience.
• Presentations to a wide range of audiences.
• Understanding of project and well economics, reserves, land, production engineering, drilling engineering and regulatory environment.
• Proficient in Geographix, Kingdom, and Microsoft Office.
• Drilling Info and publication data mining.
• Spotfire analysis.
• M.S. Geology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, September 2004
• B.S. Geology, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, May 1999