Proven Completions Engineer with strong expertise across all areas of the onshore completion, well intervention and production domain, proficient in all aspects of horizontal well stimulation, planning and operations. Passionate about achieving high quality and cost-effective projects that exceed business priorities
BP / BPX, COMPLETIONS ENGINEER January 2015 – October 2020
Eagleford BU, November 2018 – October 2020
West (San Juan Basin) BU, January 2015 – October 2018
Supported 2019 and 2020 Eagleford Plan delivery of new well IRR of 45% vs plan of 30%, at August 2020 strip price.
• Improved IRR of 20 Eagleford wells (2019-20) by additional 15%, by implementing High Density Cluster design, combined with the use of micro-proppant, diversion techniques and proper fluid chemistry, leading to an increase in EUR from 1.6 to 2.8 bcf/1k ft.
• Provided completions input into data analytics project aimed at optimizing well performance, specifically by identifying and ranking rock – frac fluid compatibility parameters. Resulted in identification of 2 key parameters – fluid chemistry and proppant quality, allowing for improved forecasting.
• Monitored daily activity of 2 frac crews while keeping close contact with field supervisors, constantly achieving 20-22 pumping hours/day. Provided onsite engineering support throughout the completion process and proposed real time adjustments based on the reservoir response.
• Provided cost estimates for capital allocation programs, scoping costs, budget planning and monthly accruals and created DSO scheduling scenarios that optimized the portfolio and met production and economic targets.
• Optimized refrac liner usage and location rig time by implementing the liner disconnect tool and composite frac plugs strategy, saving over $80K/ well.
• Successfully implemented standardized coding of well completions activities and costs, which was adopted by field personnel, allowing for data analytics of inconsistencies between crews, locations and across all business units.
• Supported RE and Geo teams for Austin Chalk development; benchmarked AC activity across Eagleford on completion techniques, design, and materials and interpreted cost drivers and risks associated with various completion techniques and obtained appraisal program financing for 2021.
• Supported the procurement team by providing technical scope and guidance on bids for all completion activities, materials, and services. Utilized cost tracking tools (Power BI) to ensure cost were as per bids, negotiated and approved invoice settlements with service providers.
• Presented weekly reports to compare AFE estimates and accruals; reviewed costs with the team and completions manager, communicated overspends and adjusted LE's as needed.
• Led the completion program of new development in the Mancos shale in the San Juan Basin, NM – brought online 1st BP Mancos 2-mile lateral that achieved an average 30-day IP of over 12 MMscfd being the highest productive gas well in the area in more than 10 years.
• Designed and implemented pre-frac reservoir diagnostics DFIT on new horizontal wells and vertical offsets - successfully performed selective DFIT on offset vertical wells.
• Analyzed post job tracer data for cluster efficiency and model future stimulations optimization.
BP, Intervention Engineer – San Juan Basin, NM August 2012 – December 2014
Designed and implemented well workover / intervention and recompletion programs; supported a 6-workover rig program; maintained well work rig schedule to maximize production and minimize costs and downtime. Generated cost estimates AFE justifications and AFE’s, coordinate partner and regulatory approvals. Jobs include complex and routine workovers (service rig, coil tubing, slickline, e-line, chemical treatments, integrity maintenance), re-completions (mostly N2 assist fracs), artificial lift installs and repairs and temporary or permanent abandonment operations.
• Provided daily operations support ensuring operations were executed as planned, assessed risks and documented any deviations from plan and ensured accurate activity documentation and cost reporting.
• Worked with reservoir engineers and geologists to identify re-frac and recompletion candidates, provided cost estimates, analyzed well conditions, advised on stimulation design and executed the projects.
• Worked with regulatory engineer ensuring proper documentation was submitted and approved prior to performing any jobs that required regulatory agencies approval.
• Worked with field personnel and service providers to organize logistics and execute as desired.
• Participated in post wellwork appraisal, recommended improvement to optimize well performance and cost management, and implemented technologies to increase value.
• Provided guidance to 4 junior engineers and assisted them with career development programs.
AMROMCO ENERGY, Houston, TX February 2009 – June 2012
Production and Completions Engineer
Designed and implemented workover and completion or recompletion programs (sand control, frac or re-frac, remedial cementing, P&A) on various fields in Romania. Prepared AFE's, tracked costs and ran post-job economic appraisals. Ensured compliance with corporate EH&S policies and government regulations.
• Identified and recommended workovers and recompletions and assess the production potential.
• Monitored daily production and identified production anomalies.
• Analyzed well performance and reviewed with field operations.
• Researched well histories and provided recommendations for production enhancement of existing wells.
SCHLUMBERGER, Houston, TX March 2008 – January 2009
Production and Completion Engineer
Managed frac design evaluation and completion optimization using microseismic data (Barnett, East TX – Cotton Valley, Haynesville, Eagleford, Marcellus, Bakken, Permian).
• Monitored real time microseismic data and adjusted design as per real time conditions.
• Reviewed and monitored production to identify re-completion zones and enhancement opportunities in older wells.
• Generated technical reports for customers, presenting the microseismic data interpretation and recommendations for completion optimization.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
SANJEL CORPORATION, Calgary, AB
Completion Services Operations Engineer, District Engineer, Field Engineer
Oversaw technical aspects of completion services to ensure customers received superior service quality. Participated in development, evaluation and deployment of new tools, materials and technology and work with engineering and customers to understand unsuccessful jobs or tool failures; Mentored and coordinated a team of field engineers and technologists, providing technical guidance and assisting with career development through ongoing performance reviews and evaluations.
• Onshore Drilling & Completions
• Hydraulic Fracturing
• Rig & Rigless Well Intervention
• Coil Tubing
• Wireline & Slickline
• Gravel Packing
• Refracturing & Re-completions
• Primary & Remedial Cementing
• Well Integrity & P&A
• Planning & Scheduling
• Engineering & Operations
• Regulatory Reporting
• Standards & Practice
• Frac Modeling - StimPlan
• Casing & Tubing Design – WellCat
• Torque & Drag Modeling – Cerberus
• Coil Tubing Modeling – Cerberus
• Scheduling – Actenum DSO
Master of Science (MS) in Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas University, Ploiesti, Romania