Soham Pandya - Petroleum Engineer + Data & Business Analyst
A competent professional with PhD in Petroleum Engineering and MS in Analytics with over 5 years’ combined experience in drilling and completions and aptitude for data analytics, business strategizing and sales support. Resilient, curious & creative with an aptitude for problem solving using innovative techniques. A highly collaborative team player with excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills that allow me to add value to the projects with a sense of urgency & communicate technical solutions to external clients effectively.
Houston, TX - Oklahoma City, OK - Denver, CO - Dallas, TX
SALT & LIGHT ENERGY EQUIPMENT (Dallas/Midland, TX, 2020 to Present) – Data Engineer (Completions Operations)
• Developed 2 data dashboard involving analysis of over 50 different metrics using various tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire & SQL to aid technical sales of product and services and analyze the real-time efficiency of completions operations.
• Conducted weekly sales meeting with clients to pitch products that solve the client problems.
UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA (Norman, OK, 2017 to 2019) – Graduate Teaching Assistant (Drilling, Completions & Production)
• Conducted comprehensive training & mentoring in the areas of Fracturing, Acidizing, Drilling & Production Engineering and successfully guided 100+ students with their completions & drilling related assignments.
SPINNAKER OILFIELD SERVICES (El Reno, OK, 2017 to 2018) – Cementing Services Support
• Implemented new slurry blends with 100% accuracy to meet well requirements for over 150 wells and tested each blend for proper quality through various lab experiments according to systematic industry standards and processes.
• Developed automated in-house database management portal using VBA, MatLAB and Python based on large and complex data driven modeling - reducing the time required for entry, update and retrieval of records by 80%.
RKI CENTER FOR CREATION OF ECONOMIC WEALTH (Norman, OK, 2017 to 2018) – Interdisciplinary Analyst
• Consulted for a California-based firm, HydroVirga, to conduct a $63 million market analysis, sales research, business model & profit trajectory ($3 million profit projection) in a client-facing role for a novel DOE-patented NMR machine.
• Responsibilities included conducting number of sales interviews, customer pitches and public presentations.
UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA (Norman, OK, 2013 to 2016) – Graduate Research Assistant
• Provided distinctive leadership on research related to fluid dynamics of drilling, completion & stimulation operations; the results of which were directly incorporated into industrial software to improve operational efficiency.
• Developed experimental data driven software allowing for 100% accurate hydraulics calculations.
ESSAR OIL (India, 2011 to 2013) – Stimulation Engineer and Assistant Manager
• Played a vital role in the design and execution of over 300 hydraulic fracturing operations, leading the creation and delivery of over 100 wellbore cleanouts, wiper trips and zonal isolations; enhanced average well production by 30%.
• Optimized operations through systematic scheduling, cost estimates, creation of AFEs and post job economic analysis to increase overall savings by 60%.
Awards and Certifications
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Certified ANSYS training from Cornell University
- University Scholarship
- Excellence Award for India Student Association at OU
- Student Government Award
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Coiled Tubing Research
- Data Analytics (Python, R, SQL)
- Process Optimization
- Drilling Technologies
- Completion Strategies
- Reservoir Management
- Production Profile
- Well Stimulation Design and Analysis
- Data Driven Modeling
- Industry Software (Petra, Pipesim, FracPro, Gohfer, FracCade, Eclipse, CMG)
- Coding Expertise (Python, VBA, R, Matlab)
- PVT Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
- Business Acumen
- Multidisciplinary Client Facing Project Expertise
- Engineering Optimization and System Design
- Research and Development
- Cost Analysis
- Operations Management
PhD in Petroleum Engineering
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Graduated - December 2019 (GPA – 3.9/4.0)
Master of Science in Analytics
The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), Atlanta, GA
In Process - April 2021
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Graduated - April 2016
Bachelor of Technology in Petroleum Engineering
School of Petroleum Technology, India
Graduated - July 2011