Geophysicist who leverages seismic modeling tools, delivering business results.
Data-driven, innovative problem-solver with strong background in Mathematics and Physics. Recognized for improving quantitative seismic imaging, interpretation and reservoir characterization by integrating geological and geophysical data.
Cross-functional collaborator, working across global multi-disciplinary teams, professionally conveying complex scientific information to business executives. Display flexibility by functioning as independent contributor or in team environment. Focused and detail-oriented evaluating quality of data, adjusting processes as necessary.
EXXONMOBIL, Houston, TX 2019 - 2020
Geoscientist 2019 - 2020
Developed methodology by combining geophysical tools and data, leading to optimal seismic data quality applied to Kashagan Oil Field, Caspian Sea, Kazakhstan.
• Guided step-by-step reprocessing efforts for improved seismic imaging for optimal reservoir production planning by implementing geophysical workflow.
• Designed company workflow, efficiently running full waveform elastic synthetic modeling, helping detect all multiple energy generators and occurrences in both overburden and reservoir.
• Enabled removal of most multiple energy during reprocessing of seismic data for optimal subsurface imaging by calibrating and validating synthetic seismograms to well logs and vertical seismic profile (VSP) corridor stacks.
Industry Intern 2019
Executed quantitative seismic to well ties and spectral shaping for obtaining reliable time-to-depth relationship as baseline for reprocessed seismic data from the Kashagan oil field, Caspian Sea, Kazakhstan.
• Conditioned elastic well logs and performed quantitative ties to shaped 3D seismic data and vertical seismic profile (VSP) corridor stacks, correlating key geological markers in both overburden and reservoir.
NANOSEIS, Denver, CO 2018
Contributed to projects focusing on modeling strain data associated with hydraulic fractures and waveform denoising for microseismic data.
• Boosted understanding of fracture propagation during hydraulic fracking operations by initiating commercial NanoSeis strain data modeling project in Java and applied method to DAS (distributed acoustic sensing) field data.
• Implemented and applied time domain polarization filter code to real 3-C downhole microseismic data, accomplishing 80% of waveform noise reduction.
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, WY 2011 - 2017
Performed PhD research projects focusing on seismic inversion, reservoir characterization and time-lapse feasibility of carbon dioxide (CO2) reservoir monitoring by using multi-physics analysis and geophysical (seismic and electromagnetic) data from the Rock Springs Uplift, future CO2 sequestration site in Wyoming.
• Reduced runtime cost and delivered interpretation of CO2 storage and sealing units, by incorporating and analyzing geophysical and geological data, constructing sensible earth model, performing full 3D prestack waveform inversion of seismic data for elastic properties leveraging high-performance computing technologies.
• Delivered seismic reservoir characterization in hydrocarbon exploration and CO2 monitoring projects by completing petrophysical inversion for quantitative reservoir rock and fluid properties, using elastic attributes and rock physics models.
• Assessed quantitative impact of elastic and electrical rock physics model parameters on inverted reservoir properties by combining elastic and electrical attributes in joint petrophysical inversion.
• Simulated synthetic 4D monitoring tests in MATLAB, evaluating impact of different carbon dioxide (CO2) saturation levels on 1D seismic and resistivity data.
ROCK SOLID IMAGES (RSI), Houston, TX 2015
Assessed risks in reservoir properties by working on applied petrophysical inversion.
• Estimated and analyzed uncertainties in reservoir rock and fluid properties on well log data from the Barents Sea, utilizing rock physics models and joint petrophysical inversion of geophysical attributes.
Awards and Certifications
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Machine Learning by Stanford University on Coursera, Instructor: Dr. Andrew Ng (2018)
- Anadarko Fellowship for Excellence in Energy, University of Wyoming
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Foundation Scholarship (James L. Allen Scholarship)
- Self-funded by full scholarship and travel grant, UNESCO / IAEA / Italian Government for Diploma Programme at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Full waveform inversion of large 3D seismic data.
- Seismic reservoir characterization of storage and sealing lithologies and 4D monitoring of CO2 floods.
- Technical and business writing skills, oral presentations to management and peers.
- Software proficiency - MATLAB, C++, FORTRAN, JAVA, OCTAVE, Hampson-Russell, Petrel.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Geophysics, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, 2017