Multidisciplinary Data Scientist with 7+ years of experience in geophysical analysis, technical presentations, and client interactions. Experienced utilizing Python in Machine Learning and Time Series Analysis. Interested in the nuanced data driven interactions of everyday life. My focus has primarily been toward energy and environmental concerns, but I enjoy working on any complex puzzle.
I spend most of my free time with my daugther. I also enjoy reading, running, and rock climbing when the opportunity arises. I am fond of studying and playing chess as well as other board games.
Springboard | Data Science Fellow | Online June 2020 – Feb 2021
• Programmed decision tree models in Python establishing over 90% accuracy and KNN models improving classification by over 15%.
• Designed and executed Data Science projects focused on environmental concerns utilizing 10+ years of publicly available data.
• Presented detailed technical presentations on actionable items and implementation to complex environmental problems for audiences of 20+.
Schlumberger | Microseismic Geophysicist | Houston, TX
International Lead Processor Jan 2015 – Jan 2020
• Performed technical, lunch and learns, informational presentations in person and remotely and trained 20+ personnel in USA, Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Oman, India, and England.
• Clearly and concisely presented advanced technical details to clients at all levels of management explaining results and evaluations.
Lead Processor Jan 2013 – Dec 2014
• As a Lead Microseismic Geophysicist developed analytical models monitoring continuous time series data.
• Provided decision mechanisms to clients contributing to approximately ~4 million dollars of pull through revenue per month.
• Worked with Research and Development providing technical and user-based feedback for software, database implementation, and design.
• Instructed and mentored peers as well as new hires in processing, evaluation, and quality control methodologies.
Support Processor Aug 2012 – Dec 2012
• Analyzed unstructured continuous data in real-time cataloging, processing, model evaluation, statistical analysis, and archiving. Wrangling time series data in durations greater than 6 hours and 1 terabyte utilizing internal cloud storage system.
Professional Environmental Engineers, Inc. | Geologist | St. Louis, MO May 2009 – June 2009
• Managed and updated environmental projects that had been in hiatus for multiple years to current reporting standards.
• Defined updated scope and site plans for implementation based on updated site conditions and regulatory requirements.
Languages: Python (Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Statsmodels, Tensorflow)
Predictive Modeling: Linear/Logistic Regression, Classification, Clustering, Decision Tree, Random Forest
Machine Learning: Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Image Processing, NLP, TensorFlow
Data Visualization: matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, Tableau
Probability and Statistics: Hypothesis testing, A/B testing
Databases: SQL (MySQL, SQLite)
Data Science Methods: Mining, Wrangling, Cleaning, Analysis, Visualization, Presentation
Professional Scrum Master | Level 1 & 2 | Online Learning 2021
Intensive course focusing on Scrum teambuilding practices.
MIT | Micromasters in Data Science | Online Learning 2020 – Present
Intensive 5 course program focusing on Statistics and Data Science including one Capstone project.
St. Louis University | Master of Research, Geophysics | St. Louis, MO 2009 – 2012
Thesis: Determination of Fault Plane Orientations From Rupture Directivity of Intermediate and Deep Earthquakes in the Northeastern Japan Subduction Zone.
Eastern Illinois University | Bachelor of Science, Geology | Charleston, IL 2002 – 2006
Member of Student Advisory Board, College of Science.