I am an accomplished, creative, and entrepreneurial-minded geoscientist and military veteran, with a track record of making positive contributions to both prospect-generating and regional studies/new ventures teams, globally. I also have demonstrated knowledge with a range of industry tools and best practices, and a history of bringing digital offerings to market or championing them internally. I learn quickly and have the ability to adopt or discard various practices and processes as necessary. My objective is to find a role where I can greatly contribute to my teams success, while continuing on my lifelong quest to learn new and interesting things.
Geoscientist/Partner – Hemisphere Petroleum (San Antonio, Tx.) November 2016-Present
• With partner company: Explored the feasibility of multiple re-development opportunities where application of modern technologies have the potential to revive production from legacy fields.
• Managed data flow and QC of data for input to prospect volumetrics, risking, production forecasting, and project economics, working with engineering and other geoscience staff.
• Significant contributor to negotiations resulting in addition of over 30 MMbls recoverable resources plus exploration upside of 70 MMbls to Hemisphere’s portfolio.
• Led merger of Hemisphere and indigenous partner company, securing Hemisphere access to attractive future oil/gas projects throughout onshore Taiwan.
Co-Founder - CleanUp App LLC (San Antonio, Tx.) August 2018-Present
• Designed and managed the implementation of functionalities for CleanUps digital offerings and managed testing and optimization to reduce potential customer pain points.
• Design weighted sum algorithm that delivers accurate cost and timing of services based on customer inputs, in an instant.
• Maintain product backlog, vetting features and functionality based on technical feasibility, product release timeline, and business impact/cost benefit.
Geoscientist - Maersk Oil (Houston, TX. & Copenhagen, Denmark) August 2013-February 2017
• Championed the integration of a niche geoscience interpretation software platform contributing to a marked increase in geometrically valid seismic structural interpretations: Kurdistan Team.
• Served as Area Geologist for Azerbaijan and Georgia, and Subject Matter Expert in structural geology for the Central Asia New Ventures Team.
• Identified fractured sub-thrust play extension in the Southern Caucasus (Estimated 4BBls oil & 7TCF gas. Oil to surface), identified leads and evaluated acreage farm-in opportunities.
• Led GoM regional study of pre-salt Mesozoic Rift section, defining the regional petroleum potential of a large undrilled portion of the GoM, solidifying my reputation as a respected new venture explorationist within Maserk Oil.
Geoscientist - Eni Petroleum (Houston, TX.) June 2012-August 2013
• Delivered maps and risked resource assessment for Eni’s portion of the Macondo prospect in Mississippi Canyon which we sold to the developer for $18 million (drilled and produced within predicted margins).
• Led structural geology portion of company field trip: Paradox Basin (Moab, UT).
Geoscience Contractor – Shell Oil Research (Houston, Tx.) December 2011-May 2012
• Researched trends in fractured and deformation banded fault damage zone attributes for input to static appraisal and development models for conventional and unconventional projects.
• Work contributed to pre-drill prediction of deformation that may inhibit or enhance subsurface fluid flow
Geoscience Applications Specialist - Dmigeo, Inc./Geocap A/S (Houston, Tx.) Nov. 2007-Feb. 2010
• Product champion of Geocap’s 3D wire frame workbench digital offering.
• Presented software and it’s functionalities at conferences and client meetings.
• Collaborated with developers to ease customer pain points, and develop new functionalities, as appropriate, based on customer surveys and identified bugs.
• Produced Geocap Software training literature detailing various software functionalities
Geoscience Technician Exploration/Ops - Occidental Petroleum (Houston, Tx.) Oct. 2006-Nov. 2007
• Responsible for compiling and cataloging geological and geophysical data, map creation and data loading and manipulation in various geoscience software packages
• Well-site operations, logging and well reporting, Elk Hills: Bakersfield, California.
Awards and Certifications
Numerous military awards
Digital product development/management
New Ventures/Business Development
A range of geological interpretation tools
UC Berkeley Haas School of Business - MITAS Business Course (2015)
M.S. Geology, University of Houston (2014)
B.S. Geology, Minor Mathematics, Sam Houston State University (2010)