To establish a career as a petroleum geoscientist. I have experience in regional assessment, petroleum evaluation, subsurface integration in exploration and production from plates to pores. I also have experience in carrying out quality assurance and quality control on structures, rocks, construction materials, reservoir characterization, interpreting 2D and 3D seismic data, well logs, outdoor field experience in mapping rock facies, basin analysis, mapping groundwater, teaching sciences to kids on STEM day, and scientific research. I am committed to learning and improve on reservoir characterization, CO2 storage and science communication.
Geophysics Research Assistant Jan 2019 – Present
Energy and Environmental Research Center, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
• Interpret 2D, 3D seismic surveys and well logs and I analyze and manage cores data, and data mining
• Build geologic model using well log, seismic data and core data, reservoir simulation for EOR & CO2 storage.
• Calculate reservoir volumetric, area of review, petroleum economics and risk assessment
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Ivanhoe Fellowship and Grant) Jan 2017 – Jan 2019
Harold Hamm School of Geology and Geological Engineering, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
• Mapped groundwater seepage in a North Dakota fen using thermal imaging, GPS, and tensionmeter
• Assisted Faculty with literature search, review, and teaches Geo 101 lab
Intern – Construction Material Testing Technician May 2018 – Aug 2018
Braun Intertec Corporation, Dickinson, North Dakota
• Performed construction quality assurance testing and inspections on concrete, soils and rocks
Engineering Program Tutor Jan 2017 – Dec 2017
College of Engineering and Mines, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
• Assisted student with difficulty in understanding basic geology courses.
Geological History Volunteer Mar 2017 – Jan 2019
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Lands & Minerals office, Hibbing MN
• Worked remotely with geologists, engineers, and reclamation specialists to help proof PDF documents of previously scanned maps, logs and other documents.
Field Geoscientist/Local Content Coordinator Feb 2014 – Aug 2016
Construction Technical Services Inc (CTSI) Oil & Gas Projects Nigeria Limited (Edif Group),
Managed all administrative activities of Geo-Projects Departments
• Reported Vendor site inspection and investigation
• Established an environment best fit for construction and development.
Industrial Trainee (Internship) Sept 2010 – Dec 2010
Graduate Trainee (Geoscientist) Jan 2012 – Jan 2014
Enak Energy Services Limited, PH, Rivers State.
• Assisted in document review of technical tender documentation, prepares material take-off to support construction cost estimate, reviews of project scope and requirements as well as define engineering requirements and interface.
Intern – Field Geoscientist May 2010 – Sept 2010
Govinda Services Limited (Geosciences Department), Imo State,
• Interpreted electrical resistivity data: Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) and Horizontal Electrical Sounding (HES) data using Zohyd
Awards and Certifications
• The Ivanhoe foundation fellowship, USA 2017−2018
• Allan V. Cox Research Award, Geophysics Student Research Award October, 2019
• Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologist (AEG) Martin L. Stout Award winner PhD Division 1st Place September 2019
Certifications: American Concrete Institute
Lab skills: FE-SEM, XRD, XRF, Nanoindentation, AFM, Gas Adsorption, Porosity, Permeability, API, Rheology, viscosity, Micro CT scan, Autolab, rock physics model.
• G&G: Petra, Techlog, Neuralog, Petrel, Kingdom suite, OpendTect, Hampson & Russell, RokDoc, OMNI, Stimplan for hydraulic fracturing, Surfer, MODFLOW, Generic Mapping Tool (GMT), Zohyd, EarthImager 2D & 3D
• GIS: ArcGIS (Pro/Map),
• General: Adobe Illustrator, MS office suite/Team.
• Programing: MATLAB, Python (on going)
Doctor of Philosophy in Petroleum Engineering Dec 2021
University of North Dakota (UND), Grand Forks, ND
Research interest: Geomechanical and geophysical analysis of shale reservoir for CO2 storage & EOR
Master of Science in Geological Engineering, Ivanhoe Foundation Scholarship Dec 2018
University of North Dakota (UND), Grand Forks, ND GPA: 4.0
Thesis: Using Thermal Imaging to Characterize Groundwater Seepage in a Fen
Bachelor of Technology (Geological Sciences) Total Exploration and Production Scholarship Dec 2011
Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria GPA: 3.2
Thesis: Evaluation and Treatment of the Swelling Behavior of Expansive soil derived from Enugu Shale.
The University of Edinburgh Feb 2021
CCSx: Climate Change: Carbon Capture and Storage
Research Experience is Carbon Sequestration (RECS) July 2019
Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) education and training experience in the USA
Society of Exploration Geophysicist (SEG) EVOLVE program Jan – Sept 2019
Regional assessment of the Main Pass of the Gulf of Mexico (GOM)
Geological Society of America/ExxonMobil Bighorn Basin Field Award Aug 2018
Field seminar in the Bighorn Basin of north-central Wyoming, multi-disciplinary integrated basin analysis
American Association of Petroleum Geologist IBA Rocky Mountain Section Mar 2018
Regional assessment and the petroleum evaluation of the Barents Sea.