G. Scott Myers
Extensive US and International experience with ‘Big-4’ Oilfield-Services, Workover/Well Services, and Downhole Tools Companies, both offshore and onshore. Led successful startup, upgrade and turnaround operations in the Middle East, India, China, Asia-Pac and US. Reputation for identifying opportunities, developing sustainable and executable business growth strategies.
Well Doctors Oilfield LLC, Houston, TX Feb. 2020 – Present
Founder and Owner
Well Doctors Oilfield LLC provides bespoke engineering, technical & operational advice, and project management services for well-interventions, workovers and P&A.
WellDoctors also offers international business consulting services for companies wishing to expand across international borders.
TAM International, Dubai, U.A.E. Dec. 2014 – Nov. 2017
General Manager - Middle East, India & Pakistan
Re-aligned Middle East BD and operations resources with market-opportunities in the context of regional instabilities and low oil-prices, as related to Inflatable & Swellable Packers, while establishing and growing a permanent footprint in Saudi Arabia
• Achieved total M.E. Region (MER) Revenue growth of +54% from FY 16 to FY 17, with full P&L responsibility to $8.8m.
• Grew Saudi Arabia revenues 3x during tenure, from FY 14 with further 12% growth forecasted for the 2018 financial year.
• Reentered the Oman market in 2017, with BP/Khazzan (‘V0’ equipment) and PDO’s Casing-Drilling project, from ‘nil’ business in prior 2 years
• Renegotiated Agents’ agreements to reflect new pricing environment, while increasing their engagement in TAM’s business acquisition efforts
• Developed strong relationships with clients such as Saudi-Aramco, PDO, ZADCO, KOC, Exxon, Shell, Tatweer, QP, Total and Rasgas to name a few
Key Energy Services, (Houston, TX & Dubai, U.A.E.) Nov. 2009 – Sept. 2014
Led and established first ‘footprint’ for Key Energy Services in the Middle East Region, for Onshore Workover & Service Rigs. Subsequently managed all startup activities for MSE-Key Joint Venture, from scratch, including development & execution strategic business plans for growth, including target clients, developing supply chains, CapEx & OpEx plans and people hiring & development plans.
Key Energy (2) - Regional GM, MENA / Managing Director (Key DMCC), Dubai, U.A.E. Nov. 2012 – Sept. 2014
Relocated to UAE in furtherance of expansion plans in the region.
• Formed MENA support team and established office in Dubai, consisting of HR, F&A, IT and PM / BD
• Planned and executed mobilization and staffing for Oxy-Oman contract, valued at ±$18.0m over 3 yrs.
• Grew contracts in Bahrain by a further 33%
• Researched and bid for rig work in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and South Iraq, to include all pre-qualifications, commercial registrations, tenders, bids and contract negotiations
• At end of Q3-2014, held P&L responsibility for approximately $16m, while managing 140+ people of which 7 were direct reports
• Established 4 service contracts with total value of nearly $100m, and 7 well-service rigs
• Respective market-shares in Bahrain & Oman were 60% and 25%
Key Energy (1) - Int’l BD Manager-KES, GM Al Mansoori JV, Houston, TX Nov. 2009 – Nov. 2012
• Successfully bid 1½-rig contract for Tatweer Petroleum, Bahrain, then increased to 3 rigs in less than 12 months without bids, based on excellent service quality and client relations
• Grew annual revenues from $0 to nearly $10m during tenure
• Established operations base and country-support office in Bahrain consisting of HR, Procurement-Logistics, F&A, tech support, Business Development, and Country Op’s Manager
• Successfully bid 2-3 rig contract for Oxy in Oman valued at ±$18.0m over 3 years
Halliburton Energy Services, Global Roles Through Oct, 2009
With Halliburton, held various progressive roles in Engineering, Business Development, Operations and Management
Primary product lines were pressure-pumping (cementing, stimulation, fracturing, production-enhancement), downhole service tools & well-testing tools, completions, and pipeline & industrial services, with additional experience and exposure to all other HES product lines. Worked closely with drilling, production and completions departments of IOC’s, NOC’s and Independents.
Includes 12+ locations in Domestic USA and International (Middle East, Asia-Pac, India, China and Ea. Africa.)
P&L responsibilities to $35.0m, people-accountability to 140+.
Includes start-up operations, Joint-Venture experience, one patent (#7,234,522) (wireline-deployable float collar for Casing-Drilling).
Other Halliburton Experience, Achievements and Contributions
• Led successful startups & upgrade operations in China, Qatar, Turkey, Indonesia, Kenya and India, 3 of which exceeded original revenue estimates by nearly double.
• Performed 1st micro-frac & analysis in Sultanate of Oman, 1987, for PDO-Shell, Lekhwair field
• Engineered cementing, completion & testing of 1st horizontal well in Qatar, Id-Al-Shargi field
• Completed nationwide market survey of all oilfield and Industrial-Service sectors of the Indian market
Awards and Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP), Cert # 2747774, valid to 02/2023)
IADC Well Control (OGOR). Cert # 34827-5F9294, valid to 11/2021
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
• SPE-GCS “Innovate” and “MIT” Committees; Co-Chair Fall-2019, Spring and Fall-2020 SPE Hiring Events
• SPE’s “e-mentoring” program mentor
• PE exam passed, State of Colorado
• Board Member: Strathclyde University, UAE ‘Entrepreneur Advisory Board’ (under Strathclyde Enterprise Partners Program)
• Advisory to Tri-D Dynamics (https://www.triddynamics.com/), technology startup in the unconventional O&G sector.
• Commercial Pilot and Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument rated, Airplane, Single- & Multi-engine land
• General & Operations Management
• New Business Development
• Project Management
• Engineering & Technical Application
• International Business Startups, Operations & Management
General & Operations Management:
P&L Management, Startups & turnaround, Strategy Development, Business planning, Project & Contract Execution, Capital and Operating Budgets, Revenue, cost & resource forecasting, Regulatory and Policy Compliance, Team building & people development, HSE & Service Quality
New Business Development:
Client relationship management, Business & Market Analyses, Strategic Market Positioning, Strategic Pricing, Bids & Tender Preparation: legal, technical, financial & operational, Contract Negotiations
Engineering & Technical:
Workover Rigs & Operations, Well Cementing & Casing equipment, Stimulation; fracturing, acidizing, conformance, sand control and N2, Coiled-Tubing, Service tools, DST, well-test & TCP, Expandable technologies, Integrated & bundled projects, E-line (OH/CH), SDL, Completions Tools & equipment, Drilling services, Drilling & Completion fluids, Industrial & Pipeline services, Inflatable & Swellable Packers, Well-Control Certification
Master of Business Administration - University of Strathclyde, Business School, UK
BSc. Engineering - University of Colorado, Boulder