Myers, Gerald Scott
G. Scott Myers
Extensive US and International experience with ‘Big-4’ Oilfield-Services, Workover/Well Services, and Downhole Tools Companies, both offshore and onshore, serving key clients inside the ‘Big-5’ majors, NOC’s and Independents. Led successful startup, upgrade and turnaround operations in the Middle East, India, China, Asia-Pac and US. Solid reputation for identifying opportunities, and sustainably growing revenues & profitability, while maintaining a strong respect and focus in HSE and continuous quality improvement.
Well Doctors Oilfield LLC, Houston, TX Feb. 2020 – Present
Founder and Owner
Well Doctors Oilfield LLC provides bespoke engineering & operational advice, and project management services for well-interventions and workovers, while also offering business consulting services for companies wishing to expand across international borders.
TAM International, Dubai, U.A.E. Dec. 2014 – Nov. 2017
General Manager - Middle East, India & Pakistan
Re-aligned Middle East BD and operations resources with market-opportunities in the context of regional instabilities and low oil-prices, as related to Inflatable & Swellable Packers, while establishing and growing a permanent footprint in Saudi Arabia
• Achieved total M.E. Region (MER) Revenue growth of +54% from FY 16 to FY 17, with full P&L responsibility growing from ($5.7 to $8.8m)
• Grew Saudi Arabia revenues 3x during tenure, from FY 14 with further 12% growth forecasted for the 2018 financial year (respectively $1.4m to $3.7m, to $4.2m)
• Reentered the Oman market in 2017, with BP/Khazzan (‘V0’ equipment) and PDO’s Casing-Drilling project, from ‘nil’ business in prior 2 years
• Renegotiated Agents’ agreements to reflect new pricing environment, while increasing their engagement in TAM’s business acquisition efforts
• Developed strong relationships with clients such as Saudi-Aramco, PDO, ZADCO, KOC, Exxon, Shell, Tatweer, QP, Total and Rasgas to name a few
Key Energy Services, (Houston, TX & Dubai, U.A.E.) Nov. 2009 – Sept. 2014
Led and established first ‘footprint’ for Key Energy Services in the Middle East Region, for Onshore Workover & Service Rigs. Subsequently managed all startup activities for MSE-Key Joint Venture, from scratch, including development & execution strategic business plans for growth, including target clients, developing supply chains, CapEx & OpEx plans and people hiring & development plans.
Regional GM, MENA / Managing Director (Key DMCC), Dubai, U.A.E. Nov. 2012 – Sept. 2014
Relocated to UAE in furtherance of expansion plans in the region.
• Formed MENA support team and established office in Dubai, consisting of HR, F&A, IT and PM / BD
• Planned and executed mobilization and staffing for Oxy-Oman contract, valued at ±$18.0m over 3 yrs.
• Grew contracts in Bahrain by a further 33%
• Researched and bid for rig work in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and South Iraq, to include all pre-qualifications, commercial registrations, tenders, bids and contract negotiations
• At end of Q3-2014, held P&L responsibility for approximately $16m, while managing 140+ people of which 7 were direct reports
• Established 4 service contracts with total value of nearly $100m, and 7 well-service rigs
• Respective market-shares in Bahrain & Oman were 60% and 25%
Int’l BD Manager-KES, GM Al Mansoori JV, Houston, TX Nov. 2009 – Nov. 2012
• Successfully bid 1½-rig contract for Tatweer Petroleum, Bahrain, then increased to 3 rigs in less than 12 months without bids, based on excellent service quality and client relations
• Grew annual revenues from $0 to nearly $10m during tenure
• Established operations base and country-support office in Bahrain consisting of HR, Procurement-Logistics, F&A, tech support, Business Development, and Country Op’s Manager
• Successfully bid 2-3 rig contract for Oxy in Oman valued at ±$18.0m over 3 years
Halliburton Energy Services, Global Roles To October, 2009
With Halliburton, held various progressive roles in Engineering, Operations, Business Development and Management.
Primary product lines were pressure-pumping (cementing, stimulation), downhole service tools & well-testing tools, completions, and pipeline & process (industrial services), with additional experience and exposure to all other HES product lines.
Includes 12+ locations in Domestic USA and International (Middle East, Asia-Pac, India, China and Ea. Africa.).
Worked closely with, and provided solutions for drilling, completions and production departments of IOC's, NOC's, Independents and industrial plants.
Also includes start-up operations, Joint-Venture experience, one patent (#7,234,522) (wireline-deployable float collar for Casing-Drilling).
Please refer to CV for additional detail.
Awards and Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP), from Project Management Institute. Valid to 02/2023.
IADC Well Control (OGOR), from Wild Well Control. Valid to 11/2021
General & Operations Management,
New Business Development
International Business Startup, Operations & Management
Well Construction, completions, interventions, abandonments.
Master of Business Administration
University of Stratchlyde, Glasgow, U.K.
BSc Civil Engineering
University of Colorado, Boulder