ALFREDO S. MONCLU
Quality-focused and highly analytical professional well versed in seismic interpretation with the focus in appraisal and development programs. Expertise in advanced 3D seismic interpretation workflows and seismic attributes applied to both: clastic and carbonate reservoirs. Referent for velocity model building. Ability producing results independently, while developing and maintain collaborative working environment. Master’s Science in Geophysics with extensive international experience (Alaska, GOM, Mexico, Caribbean, Colombia, Guyana, Brazil, and Middle East among others). Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
I am looking for new opportunities to continue my career at an O&G company where to apply my experience, or a consulting firm offering quality services.
Houston, TX. USA
MCT GeoServices (2020 to Present)
Geophysical Consultant at PEMEX (Houston, TX. USA).
Contributed to appraisal and early fields development based on technical evaluations. Handle multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment. Sureste Basin, Mexico.
• Performed fractures analysis to determine reservoir performance drivers and justify well testing results.
• Provided uncertainty analysis to assess an oil-water contact and support a new well location.
• Redefined sedimentology model resulting in new well planning.
• Recalibrated seismic image to support ongoing well prognosis and drilling follow-up.
REPSOL (2007 to 2019)
Senior Geoscientist | Geophysical Advisor (Villahermosa, Tab. Mexico. Madrid, Spain. The Woodlands, TX. USA).
Recognized for executing seismic interpretation projects by utilizing skills to perform high quality mapping and seismic attributes analysis with different approaches: regional, prospect maturation, appraisals, and reservoir characterization. Highlighting my detail-oriented nature and my ability to interact across disciplines.
Velocity Modeling and Depth Conversion Specialist
HALLIBURTON, Landmark (2001 to 2006)
G&G Consultant at PEMEX, Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
Served as a seismic interpreter and championed for depth conversion, managed all onshore and offshore generation and development projects.
ANDREW'S GROUP INTERNATIONAL
Geoscientist, Campeche, Mexico.
Participated in prospect maturation project for both Marine and South Region of PEMEX. Supported new development wells and volumetrics (Cantarell, Sihil and Ku-Maloob-Zaap). Updated velocity models. Provided static models for reservoir characterization.
PETROLEUM MEXICAN INSTITUTE (IMP)
Development Geophysicist, Campeche, Mexico.
Assigned to the reservoir characterization team of the Cantarell field. Provided geophysical support to well correlations. Generated maps for
booking reserves and work with outside auditors. Contributed to well planning. Carried out seismic interpretation for ongoing wells. Updated database while drilling.
Awards and Certifications
• Accomplished a significant achievement by providing key results to the United Nations, that redefined the international boundary between Mexico and the USA in the GOM.
• Distinguished for the valuable contribution and dedicated performance in the interpretation projects in deep-water GOM. UEAP PEMEX – HALLIBURTON.
• Proposed to include an uncertainty analysis, resulting in the award for the best practice in REPSOL.
• Knowledge transfer as an internal instructor, Acknowledgement by Formation Center, REPSOL.
• Nominated for Employee of the Year in project manager category by LANDMARK.
• Managing Projects (The George Washington University Columbia College of Arts & Sciences).
• Pedagogical Aptitude Certificate (Universidad Complutense de Madrid).
• GeoProbe (3D seismic interpretation and seismic attributes).
• DepthTeam (Velocity Modeling and Depth Conversion).
• ZMap Comprehensive (Mapping and Volumetrics).
- Subsurface Mapping
- Geological-Geophysical Data Integration
- Clastic and Carbonate Environments
- Detail & Results Oriented
- Analytical Thinker & Problem Solving
- Proficient G&G Software
- Multi-cultural and Multi-disciplinary Team Player
- International Exposure (Mexico and Guyana included)
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (CICESE, Ensenada, Baja California).
B.Sc. STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain).