EXPERIENCE Project Engineer / Schlumberger - Houston, TX 10/2019 - Current
• Managed and wrote subcontracts and contracts for various engineering projects across multiple disciplines.
• Planned, designed and managed various kinds of engineering projects. • Developed and implemented engineering solutions to variety of project and design issues.
• Estimated quantities and costs of all project materials for owner review. • Reduced waste by designing and implementing efficient project designs using cost-effective materials and timelining.
• Provided technical support to engineers and customers.
Directional Drilling Engineer / Schlumberger - Midland, TX 01/2018 - 10/2019
• Recognition of drilling problems and mitigating with standard procedure
• Drilled horizontal wells and built curves, landing in pre-determined target zone using hand calculations and software to double check results
• Analyzed the anti-collision program to ensure that well path is safely separated from other wells
Performed well path projections and drill string analysis as well as torque and drag modelling, designing ideal Tool string for the planned well
• Collaborated with business development, tracking assets, personnel and budget, generated final ticket for customers
Measurement While Drilling Field Engineer -MWD/LWD / Schlumberger - Midland TX 05/2017 - 02/2018
• Building, programming and running of the pathfinder HDS1 L and R tools
• Building programming and running of the Schlumberger Slim-Pulse tools (Maxwell and HSPM)
• Generating Formation Evaluation Information
• Taking surveys and making sure they pass quality checks
• Implementation of agreed drilling instruction from clients
• Recognition of drilling problems and mitigating with standard procedures
• Generating drilling reports
• Tool maintenance and calibration
• Management and tracking tools at the rig site
Instructor and Facilitator, Mathematics Department / Casper College - Casper, WY 08/2016 - 05/2017
• College Algebra Instructor
• Instructor for Pre-calculus and Calculus 1
• Supervising and facilitating Casper College Math learning center
• Set and communicated ground rules for classroom based on respect and personal responsibility.
• Managed and organized class records and reports.
• Established objectives for all lessons, modules and projects.
• Mentored and counseled students with social adjustment and academic problems.
• Assessed students' grasp of class material presented in courses and workshops.
• Developed guides and course materials focused on reinforcing lecture information and helping students learn.
• Maintained office hours per semester for students to discuss grades and ask questions.
• Identified new resources online to use in tandem with traditional course material.
• Built positive relationships with students, parents, colleagues and administrators.
• Met with students requiring additional instructional assistance for after-class tutoring sessions.
Senior Field Engineer Lead - Drilling Services / BAKER HUGHES - Williston, ND 01/2014 - 01/2016
• Supervised and mentored new Field Engineers on how to rig up / rig down, run the MWD tools, and prepare daily reports to be sent to the office.
• Designed Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) used to drill the Bakken formation successfully.
• Surveyed with down-hole tools, ensuring tools passed quality checks and met state regulations.
• Troubleshot and fixed down hole tool and surface gear problems in a timely manner, keeping non production time (NPT) to barest minimum.
• Generated safety observation reports on rig floor, ensuring rig crew worked safely, thereby reducing any rig hazards
• Communicated with Directional Driller and Geologist, ensuring well path was in the right direction.
• Generated morning reports, logs, and drilling operation run summaries, sending to office and client for record keeping and informed decision-making purposes for drilling operation improvements.
• Informed office and customers of drilling problems encountered by preparing reports that included problem elimination and mitigation information.
• Implementation of agreed drilling instruction from client and drilling office.
• Recognition of drilling problems and mitigating with standard procedures
• Management of tool operations, telemetry system and applications as specified by pre-job documentation.
• Management of tools at the rig site including handling and back loading.
Drilling Field Engineer (Drilling Services, MWD) / BAKER HUGHES - Evansville, WY 03/2013 - 12/2013
• Calibration and Maintenance of Measurement While Drilling Tools (MWD).
• Designed Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) used to drill Bakken formation successfully.
• Eliminated survey and tool face problems by accurately calculating scribe line needed interface mud motor and MWD tool on the BHA.
• Informed client of drilling operation progress by generating logs for client records and decision-making process.
• Generated safety observation reports on rig floor, ensuring crew were working safely, thereby reducing any rig hazards that may create nonproductive time (NPT).
• Conducted job safety analysis before picking up or laying down tools, eliminating or mitigating potential hazards on the rig floor.
• Prepared presentations during every safety meeting. • Review drilling plan and rig with directional drilling engineer and the rig manager.
Research Assistant / MISSOURI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - Rolla, MO 12/2012 - 03/2013
• Conducted reservoir conformance control experiments, identifying ways to reduce water production in a reservoir, thereby maximizing oil production.
• Interacted surfactant and nanoparticle gel and conducted gel swelling experiment, surfactant concentration change (UV- Spectrum measurement), and gel strength measurement used to block permeable zone, enabling water to flow to less permeable zone and sweep oil to wellbore.
• Observed how surfactants affected swelling and strength of gel, learning about gel performance prior to injection into reservoir
• Designed and implemented program macros to carry out statistical analyses.
• Developed reports and recommendations regarding research outcomes.
• Applied high degree of accuracy and precision when preparing documentation of research procedures and data gathered.
• Applied knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology to support research and experiments.
Reservoir Engineering Intern / ROCK MECHANICS RESEARCH CENTER - Rolla, MO 05/2011 - 08/2011
• Constructed reservoir model using CMG black oil simulator to conduct reservoir studies.
• Analyzed simulation result and conducted history matching using production data, determining life expectancy of the well and ultimate recovery from the well.
• Conducted core analyses, flooding tests and phase behavior studies.
• Utilized simulation software to model field activities, identify concerns and modify plans.
Customer Service Specialist / Charter Communications - St Louis, MO 01/2006 - 05/2010
• Provided support by teaching new employee on how to navigate telephone repair tools and reduce excessive call times.
• Provided accurate, valid, and complete information to customers by using correct methods and tools.
• Met personal / team sales target and call handling quotas of the department
• Installed and repaired customer telephone and cable services.
• Handled complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within time limits and following up to ensure resolution
• Evaluated customer account information to assess current issues and determine potential solutions.
• Evaluated quality of representatives' phone calls and provided feedback to management.
• Resolved customer issues and diffused situations by listening to concerns and developing solutions.
• Consulted with customers to determine best methods to resolve service and billing issues.
• Handled customer complaints promptly and effectively. • Enhanced customer satisfaction ratings by efficiently resolving technical, on-site and account issues.
• Displayed strong telephone etiquette, effectively handling difficult calls.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Missouri University of Science and Technology – Rolla, MO 12/2021
Post Graduate Certificate: System Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology - Rolla, MO 12/2012
Bachelor of Science: Petroleum Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology - Rolla, MO
Some Graduate Classes (No Degree): MS, Petroleum Engineering
• Completed coursework in Advanced Reservoir Engineering, Project Management
Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger Nigeria - Niger, Nigeria 02/1998
Technical Degree: Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering