Influential and transformative leader within the Energy Industry with 18 years of experience, driving business growth across multiple geo-markets through innovative strategies, strong Upstream portfolio knowledge, exceptional team leadership, and strategic thinking mindset. Mechanical Engineer with a Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering. Validated expertise in Operations, Sales/Business Development, Technology, and Supply Chain which provides a unique vision that harmonize product life cycle management across industry expectations. Interested in meshing this acumen to deliver value as Executive Leader with Global Scope.
Senior Strategic Commercial Manager Baker Hughes Houston, USA August 2019 - April 2020
Act as a business partner to the leadership team providing guidance to secure “Must Wins” or “Strategic opportunities” to the company business. Provide insights and develop actions to align market requirements with organizational capabilities for the Middle East market.
• Support Middle East and North Africa Geomarket.
• Awarded 40M contract for Sonatrach in North Africa.
• Improvement of Contract Harvesting process for current and new commercial agreements.
Senior Operations Manager Baker Hughes Baku, Azerbaijan August 2018 - July 2019
Managed with strategic direction overall Product Line business (20M) for the West Caspian territory contributing with 50% of Oil Field Services annual business within the region. Administered key management responsibilities and work in collaboration with HS&E, HR, FP&A, Operations, and Sales. Detailed activities involved business forecast by customer segmentation and products & services, lead annual opportunity pipeline, looking forward operating plans, establish goal setting and reporting structure based on business goals.
• Hired & developed equal gender and local key successors to support company’s long term business plan.
• Awarded provision of Product & Services with Global Key Account (TOTAL).
• Achieved 5 years contract award with BP, Key Global Account for off-shore activity.
Operations Manager Baker Hughes Baku, Azerbaijan May 2016 - July 2018
Lead operational execution based on customer drivers and company long term goals. Accountable for overall annual Product Line business operations (14M). Establish operational rhytim and cadence, metrics and analytics (key performance indicators). Manage business dashboards, elaborate monthly, quarertly and annual reports for executive leaders.
• Contributed on 20M new revenue gain for multilateral well proposal in Russia.
• Closed 30M contract for Wellbore Construction with BP in 2018. 3 years with 2 years extension.
• Achieved 2M+ market share YoY increase from new customer: TOTAL and SOCAR.
Account Manager Baker Hughes Alaska, USA February 2011 - April 2016
Managed operational and business value proposition for a Key Account in Alaska. Trusted advisor leading business operations within the Global Account, responsible for opportunity pipeline analysis, business plans, and customer engagement.
• Awarded 2 years Product & Services contract extension (Wellbore Construction).
• SMEfor new technologies with Wellbore Construction like Multilaterals, Steerable Drilling Liner, among others.
Project Manager Baker Hughes Cd del Carmen, Mexico July 2007 - January 2011
Provided costumer focused approach delivering fast-paced solution to fast-paced operational challenges in offshore environment. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for conventional and non-conventional dowhole technologies. Review business plans and operating cadence for new technologies within the region.
• SME for HPHT completions in Litoral Tabasco. Portfolio re-desing for 5M revenue increase due to contract and technical negotiations 2008-2009.
• Implementation Leader for Inflow Control Device with Annular Isolation in Cantarell field (10M in 2009).
• Speaker at “The Drilling and Completing Trouble Zones -Performance Optimization" Galveston - USA October 2009.
• Speaker at “The Petroleum Exhibition and Conference of Mexico” - November 2009.
Operation & Sales Engineer Baker Hughes Maracaibo, Venezuela August 2005 - June 2007
Recommend solutions - technical and operational - for multiple national and international customers. Main responsibilities: Day-to-day sales operations execution activities, revenue forecast, and activity forecast.
• In-house engineer for Shell Venezuela. Well-site engineer for downhole operations.
• Drive solutions and guidance on customers needs. Review operational documents and procedures.
Manufacturing Process Engineer Baker Hughes Maracaibo, Venezuela January 2002 - July 2005
Responsible for designing manufacturing processes for multiple Baker Oil tools products. Implemented continuous improvement actions based on Operational Excellence foundations. Developed cost-effective solutions to prevent manufacturing non-conformances.
• SME publication in “New faces of Manufacturing”, 2005. “Design of Hydrostatic Test Facility for Oil Tools”
O&G Business Planning, Customer driven, Finance acumen, P&L Business Strategy, Self-directed, Problem solving, Program Management
Operation Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Bilingual (Spanish / English), Avid learner and curious individual
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering La Universidad del Zulia Venezuela
Operations Management Diploma Universidad Rafael Belloso Chacin Venezuela
Supervision & Management Techniques Program IESA (Management School) Venezuela
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer La Universidad del Zulia Venezuela