- Versatile engineer with 8 years’ experience in project management, new product introduction and sustaining engineering across two industries.
- Six Sigma Green Belt competent in leading data-driven continuous improvement projects.
- Proven supply chain management expertise in selecting, training and auditing suppliers.
- Three years managerial experience in hiring, mentoring and leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Achieved internal and external customer satisfaction by building long lasting personal relationships.
- Engineer trained in ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Internal consultant proficient in business process mapping and improvement.
- Adept at decision making under pressure and uncertainty.
- Passionate about building custom software tools and data visualization dashboards to improve organizational efficiency.
Production Engineering Manager, NCS Multistage, Houston, TX Jun 2017-Jul 2020
Built and led a multidisciplinary engineering team responsible for providing technical support for well construction, EOR and fracturing systems
● Supported R&D by performing design & feasibility review of all new products
● Responsible for design review and product introduction of InnovusTM & TerrusTM EOR injection systems
● Responsible for product introduction and commercialization of GoPortTM intervention-less toe sleeve
● Established the Downhole Electronics Lab responsible for launching cutting-edge electronics products
● Headed product feasibility study of electronic self-actuating fracturing sleeves
● Managed a custom-engineered completion tool project for extended-reach application for a supermajor oil & gas operating company
● Supported R&D to create and maintain engineering design guidelines and process specifications
● Designed and built the Test Facility that provides force and pressure testing capabilities for all product lines
● Saved $2.5M by evaluating non-conforming components for design acceptance criteria across product lines
● Analyzed and provided recommendations to the executive management team on a manufacturing improvement proposal for an acquisition that resulted in cost avoidance of $3M
● Created SharePoint-hosted ‘Supplier Portal’ for supplier performance dashboards using Power BI
● Redesigned engineering request and change notification systems using PowerApps
● Created VBA-based macros to efficiently generate Bills of Materials for product variants
● Evaluated multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems by providing requirements and test cases
● Outlined a decision-making tool for dispositioning non-conformances based on past data and field alerts
● Designed and led data-driven continuous improvement projects
● Responsible for layout planning during facility relocation and re-organization
● Responsible for supplier relationship management via qualification, on-boarding and technical training
Technical Manufacturing Engineer, NCS Multistage, Houston, TX Nov 2014-May 2017
Solely responsible for providing technical engineering support to manufacturing and suppliers worldwide
● Acquired field experience in multi-stage fracturing and well construction systems
● Liaised with R&D to develop cost-efficient and easy-to-assemble completion tools using DFM principles
● Established an innovative supply chain model for the AirLockTM product line that resulted in lead time reduction of 10 days, cost savings of over $500k and increased market share
● Interfaced with sales to lead well construction and fracturing system customizations
● Facilitated prototype builds, dispositioned non-conforming products and led failure investigations
● Designed a database application for Manufacturing Non-Conformance Reports
Industrial Engineer, RR Donnelley Supply Chain Solutions, Houston, TX Feb 2012-Oct 2014
Responsible for designing and improving electronic kitting and software upgrade processes for the North America region generating revenues over $300M dollars annually
● Saved over $300k annually by leading a facility consolidation project at the Houston site
● Reduced 12.5% of assembly cost on the production line by process redesign
● Created project proposals for the North America & Asia region with potential revenues over $50M
● Streamlined data collection resulting in a decrease of material related downtime by 5%
● Designed a service facility to repair hard drives for a major IT company at a 3PL hub in Louisville, KY
● Created Excel tools to analyze production, monitor Key Performance Indicators and guide projects
● Created a Capacity Monitoring Tool to oversee production capacity and prevent supply disruptions during major equipment transitions from Houston, TX to San Jeronimo, Mexico
● Developed a Production Analysis Tool to collect and analyze Key Performance Indicators for continuous process improvement projects
Awards and Certifications
Business Foundations Specialization - Wharton Online Mar 2021
Professional Certificate in Data Science - IBM Nov 2020
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Project Management Institute Oct 2020
Certified in Production and Inventory Management - APICS Aug 2012
Six Sigma Green Belt - Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers Apr 2012
Business Intelligence: Power BI, MySQL
Data Analysis: Python, DIAdem
Mechanical Design: Solidworks
Process Mapping and Improvement: MS Visio
Project Management: MS Project
Custom software tools: VBA, PowerApps, MS Excel
Facility Planning: AutoCAD, DraftSight
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis,
Root Cause Analysis
Value Stream Mapping
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX Dec 2011
Master of Engineering,
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India
Bachelor of Technology,