Self-motivated Completions Engineer offering 15+ years’ experience directing completions and providing engineering support for the completion of newly drilled wells in the Eagle Ford tight oil trend for major oil and gas operators. Hands-on project manager adept at leading multiple, concurrent well projects, which includes providing onsite field engineering support during job execution and implementation. Proven accomplishments in real-time performance improvements by conducting after action reviews in conjunction with fellow engineers, contractors, team members, and senior management.
Penn Virginia (Houston, TX)
Senior Completions Engineer 10/2014 to 7/2020
• Led daily field operations for Eagle Ford Shale completions in South Texas, including multiple Frac spreads with High Pressure High Temperature (HP/HT) wells and HP/HT Coil Tubing operations, 6” casing Frac design, Toe Preps and Toe Sleeve completion designs, CT drill-outs on multi-well pads, Gas Lift and Rod pump installation, and flowback.
• Single person of contact over Completions field operations for 3+ Frac fleets at once over 2.5 years. Real-time and 24 hour on-call support for field operations personnel.
• Generated bids, contracts, design, procedures, cost estimates, and schedules for stimulation operations, well workovers, recompletions, and new wells.
• Apply direct engineering principles in systematic tests to improve completions results.
• Directly purchased sand from mines by validating purchase orders with vendors, tested local sand vs. white sand in the Eagle Ford, and decoupled fracturing sand and chemicals from pressure pumping for improved pricing.
• Certified in Well Control for on-location capability overseeing wellsite operations for completions for HP/HT areas of the Eagle Ford, including multi-stage hydraulic fracturing stimulation operations with 6,000 -11,500’ laterals.
• Treated 90 slickwater stages over a 6-month period, leading on-site supervision with complex well completions.
• Re-fractured Eagle Ford horizontals and managed water project scope.
• Managed completions-specific portions of AFEs for major capital well project costs valued at $100M+ annually, including comparisons of AFE vs. Actual/Budget of performance and safety.
• Experience with production forecasting (decline analysis) and budgeting, project evaluation (economics), and data analysis
• Estimate impact of offset well frac communication and implement mitigation strategies.
• Provide well surveillance on a day-to-day basis to existing wells to maximize production.
• Developed and Managed new well flowback strategy.
FTS International (Houston, TX)
Engineering Technical Advisor 5/2012 to 10/2014
• Directed in-house engineering work at Murphy Exploration for 2.5+ years, focusing on Eagle Ford fracturing.
• Oversaw $50M in revenue per quarter for 2 dedicated Frac Fleets while leading Sales and Engineering support for Research and Development (R&D) projects.
• Generated 2D and 3D stimulation designs, completed after closure analysis, and led DFIT tests for customers.
• Sales/Engineering Support Lead for Research and Development projects.
BJ Services / BHI (Houston, TX)
Region Engineer 11/2007 to 5/2012
• Served as Devon Energy’s in-house engineer for 5+ years, leading cementing design and fracturing design stimulation models using slickwater, linear gel, XL borate, XL ziroconate, Liquid Lite prop, and energized fluids for pressure mapping and real-time pump-in analysis / DFIT analysis in Wilcox, Yeguna, Vicksberg, Cotton Valley, and Frio Sands as well as Haynesville, Eagle Ford, Barnett, Woodbine, and Pettit Lime Shales.
• Conventional South Texas Experience in Completions and Fracturing Design.
Weatherford International, Inc. (Decatur, TX)
Field Engineer | District Engineer 7/2006 to 9/2007
• Led all technical aspects of fracturing treatments for nitrogen, cross-linked, and slickwater, including diagnostics.
Schlumberger, Inc. (Sugar Land, TX)
Lab Engineer 5/2005 to 6/2006
• Executed short-term projects requiring fracture or matrix acidizing and core testing of matrix formation cores.
Awards and Certifications
Well Control Certification
SPE Member | Eagle Scout: Boy Scouts of America | Tau Beta Pi | AICHE National Member
Awards: Named on the Lamar University Dean’s List for 5 consecutive semesters.
• Completions Engineering
• Regulatory Compliance
• Well Intervention
• Completions & Workovers
• Corporate Budgeting & Planning
• Unconventional Shale Assets
• Conventional Gulf Coast Assets
• AFE & Budgets
• Training & Supervision
• Pressure Pumping
• Gas-lift and Rod pumps
• Completions Tools
• Well Performance Prediction
• Fracture Stimulation Design
• Risk Analysis
• Log Analysis
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Chemical Engineering from Lamar University