Luis Espina - Petroleum Engineer
A professional engineer who is experienced in environments demanding strong organizational, technical, communicational, and interpersonal skills. Highly trustworthy, ethical, and committed to superior production methods and reservoir management. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels. Eagerness to learn and grow. Detail-oriented and resourceful in completing projects.
Petroleum Engineer Intern ● Chevron, Houston USA 06/2020 – 08/2020
● Modeled the production system and future thermal development for Huyapari field using Pipesim based on historical data.
● CO2/H2S corrosion modeling and recommendations as part of the Cyclic Steam project Phase 2A for Huyapari field.
● Full field steam distribution lines design guided by PVDSA standards to compare with Early Development approach.
Research Assistant ● Tulsa University Fluid Flow Projects (TUFFP), Tulsa USA 08/2018 – 04/2020
● Multiphase flow effects on internal corrosion on large diameter pipes.
● Assessment of critical gas velocity to define the boundaries between segregated and dispersed flow.
● Experiment development of hydrodynamic water wetting cases for gas, oil and water multiphase flow in large pipelines.
Reservoir Development Petroleum Engineer ● Chevron, Venezuela 04/2016 - 07/2018
● Supervisor of the asset production plan for 50 active wells producing 15 MBOPD ensuring optimization of electrical submersible pump, sucker rod and progressive cavity pump methods.
● Engineering technical support for the total field production of 400 wells, 95 MBOPD and 25 active water injector wells.
● Coordinated monthly follow-up on water injection performance and reliability of 25 wells.
● Established new well potentials and coordinated new well assessments within 18 months after putting on production.
● Highly proficient in Well Reliability and Optimization standards including well inspections, for active and inactive wells.
Reservoir Engineer ● Chevron, Venezuela 04/2014 - 04/2016
● Managed 100 highly faulted geology and compartmentalization producing wells in Eocene Formation Consolidated sands.
● Administered recommendations for the chemical treatment of oil, water and gas for production operations.
● Calculated LL-652 Field reserves and resources as Qualified Reserve Estimator (QRE).
● Identification of cost saving measures that reduce mechanical clean outs through chemical treatment.
● Created an Economic Analysis tool with Excel-VBA for OPEX and CAPEX evaluation for new wells and workovers.
Reservoir Engineer ● Chevron, Venezuela 04/2012 - 04/2014
● Prepared Boscan Reserves as Qualified Reserve Estimator (QRE) using OFM and Excel.
● Coordinated Reserves and Business plan work process with the Reservoir team which included NOJV engineers.
● Provided production performance metrics to business planner.
Awards and Certifications
● University of Zulia Valedictorian
● University of Tulsa Midstream Student Chapter Treasurer/Secretary
Well Integrity and Optimization
Effective English presentations
Olga and PipeSim
Bachelors in petroleum engineering - Universidad del Zulia (2010)
Master's in petroleum engineering - University of Tulsa (2020)