JOHN E. DAHL
Spring, TX 77379 firstname.lastname@example.org
Director Sales, Operations and Product Development
Career in oilfield service roles focused on sales, operational efficiency and product development. Progressed in roles from wellsite rig operations to sales and operations with region P&L responsibility. Drilling Services cross product line experience with evaluation technologies to develop products for client needs and expectations. Equipped with a proven record for identifying and applying appropriate process and tool enhancements to achieve business process improvements. Collaborative leader, mentor and team member with an unwavering job focus and work ethic. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communicator with ability to engage and solicit input from all stakeholders and deliver clear solution proposals.
- Sales Strategy
- Performance Management
- Contract Harvesting
- Business Management
- Organizational Development
- Technology Introduction
- Product Knowledge
- Product Marketing and Launch
- Project/Program Management
- Human Resource Optimization
- Training/Mentoring Programs
- Change Management
Baker Hughes - Wireline Services, Houston, TX 12/2018 - 4/2020
Senior Proposal Manager
- Global Key Account Manager/Wireline Commercial team role engaging Houston based clients with global operations/tender needs.
- Sales team drove a Geomarket wireline key account revenue increase 50% YOY.
- Provided client focused product line and sales engagement for technology updates, commercial tendering support for wireline regional commercial development teams to drive best practices and value-based business model offerings.
Self-Employed, Houston, TX 10/2017 - 12/2018
- Offered consultant services for energy industry organization for operational and product development needs.
Baker Hughes/GE - Wireline Services, Houston, TX 6/2012 - 10/2017
Product Line Manager – Global Marketing
- Managed product development projects from opportunity to new product introduction through life cycle management.
- Provided client market value evaluation along with engineering project management oversight for tool and service development.
- Growth in portfolio (25% YOY) for new product revenue.
- Defined regional market needs and develop business plans and opportunity profiles for product and service expansion or enhancements.
Baker Hughes - Wireline Services, Denver, CO 5/2009 - 6/2012
Operations Director – Rockies & West Coast
- Drove accountability in operations and identify service quality needs to increase revenue and profitability.
- Increased revenue (22%) and profitability (15%) YOY with strategic operational and sales initiatives.
- Provided opportunities for new product development and identify client needs for new service introductions.
- Developed market shift strategy for West Coast operations to meet client high efficiency completion operations.
- Developed personnel for skills enhancement and future opportunities.
Baker Hughes - Drilling Services, Houston, TX 3/2008 - 5/2009
Formation Evaluation Manager – Gulf Of Mexico
- Managed Whole Core and Surface Logging operations teams, increasing revenue (15% YOY) while maintaining 100% market share in deepwater for coring.
- Led team of petrophysical advisors in sales/technical support to clients deepwater/shelf evaluation needs for well placement and reservoir evaluation.
- Managed new products portfolio and grew its revenue (30%) YOY with strategic client engagement value selling.
Baker Hughes – Drilling Services, Houston, TX 7/2005 - 3/2008
Product Line Manager – Global Marketing
- Increased global product line revenue (25% YOY) for 3 consecutive years.
- Developed and implemented Short Term Plan, Long Range Plan and Technology Roadmap for product line growth.
- Managed region product line assumptions, product development process for existing and future client growth needs.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES
Center for Technology and Management Education – Marketing Certificate
California Institute Of Technology, Pasadena, CA
Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Honor Society
Villanova University, Villanova, PA