SENIOR DEVELOPMENT / PRODUCTION GEOLOGIST
A Geoscientist with broad experience in solving development and production geology problems in the United States, Brazil and Russia. Experienced at full life cycle of wells from the multi-disciplinary well planning process all the way through the execution and post-well reporting. Avidly seeks ways to apply Agile principles to simplify work processes without sacrificing safety.
Areas of Expertise:
Exceptional Communications Skills
Ability to Multitask
Attention to Detail
Agile Project Management
Regional CRS Mapping
BP AMERICA, Houston, TX May 2011 to January 2021
Senior Geologist, New Wells Delivery Team for the Thunder Horse Field, Deepwater GoM, October 2012 – January 2021
Successfully planned and executed the drilling of five Deepwater Gulf of Mexico Thunder Field with extremely low non-productive time (NPT). Served as Operation Geologist, in addition to having the single point of accountability role.
• Led multiple well planning teams in developing detailed overburden mapping, characterizing the overburden section, providing geological input for pore-pressure prediction, aided in developing an optimized formation evaluation plan.
• Optimized well paths for data acquisition and pore pressure prediction.
• Identified drilling risk and No Drill Surprises along with developing mitigations for these risks.
• Conducted presentations for BP management to convey the business and geological justification for the development wells.
• Provided detailed documentation for the execution and operation of the wells.
• Facilitated meetings with the larger team to provide the business case to management, and to provide in depth details of the well.
• Provided geological support during the Execution of the well and helped identify real-time solutions to drilling issues.
• Identified and documented lessons learned during the planning and execution of the wells. Participated in post-well reporting meetings to help convey these lessons to the wider GoM team.
• Conducted studies such as losses evaluations and permeability/DPZs, and Technical File Notes such as marls studies that support drilling activities and reduce overall operational risks.
• Mentored the younger members of the geoscientist staff to further their skill sets and furthering company’s capabilities.
Member of Gulf of Mexico Incident Management Team (IMT), December 2014-January 2021
Undertook advanced training to be a Resource Unit Leader.
• Served on the COVID19 IMT Response - served two rotations as a Resource Unit Coordinator before the IMT response end and all activities transferred to the STOP organization.
Senior Geologist, Reservoir Management Team for Polvo Field, Offshore Brazil, May 2011 - October 2012
BP acquired Devon's Brazil assets and personnel for seamless transition. Led a detailed integrated subsurface description for the Eocene reservoir in the Polvo Field, which identified 220 MMBO OOIP.
• Conducted a detailed integrated sequence stratigraphic analysis of the Aptian Coquina interval in
Campos Basin Field Areas. The study, with reservoir engineering, identified 13 well locations with 39 MMBO OOIP.
DEVON ENERGY CORPORATION, Houston, TX September 2008 to May 2011
Senior Geologist – International Division May 2010 to May 2011
Member of the Polvo Field development team in the Campos Basin, offshore Brazil. Provided geological interpretations to other team disciplines to maintain an aggressive drilling program. Coordinated with the reservoir engineer, drilling engineer and geology/geophysics to optimize future drilling locations.
• Supported the expat operations geologist in Brazil by providing updated geological and geophysical interpretations and well planning information.
Senior Geologist – International Division September 2008 to May 2010
Member of the $50M Russian Asset Team responsible for Onbyskoe and Demkinskoe Oil Fields in the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia.
• Guided Tatex, joint-venture operator, in optimizing the development of the oil fields by supplying drill locations, recompletion recommendations, workover candidates and acid stimulation options.
• Re-evaluated the fields, added two MMBO to the producing reserve base and three MMBO to the reserve base in undeveloped, drillable locations.
• Maintained Devon’s annual multimillion-dollar capital budget and assured that Tatex remains within the approved budget.
• Member of Tatex’s Audit Committee management team.
• Verified business and financial performance, monitored accounting reports, inspected cost estimates, ensured dividends were paid in a timely manner and made recommendations to management on its business and financial performance.
• Assisted in marketing the Devon’s interest in Tatex to the industry.
Awards and Certifications
AAPG Certified Petroleum Geologist, License # 5969
Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists; Geology License # 2121
Operations Geology, Risk Management, Well Planning, Well Execution
Master of Science (MS), Geology
Baylor University, Waco, TX
Bachelor of Science (BS), Geology
Baylor University, Waco, TX