Jose Ramon Ortiz - Operations and Business Development
Real solutions begin by truly listening to those needs, my passion is to discover those challenges through a collaborative approach and deliver a reliable solution that focus on key metrics. During different positions through my career, I have been able to create value added opportunities by increasing profitability, leading integrated strategies to develop and expand operative or sales projects in different locations providing an effective contribution for customer and organization.
I'm a tenacious person that really like to discover "the need behind the need", that is why I gather and prepare data to make high quality decisions. For the industry that I worked during all previous years, I have been able to confront adversity with calm and take decisions in fast-paced environments.
HALLIBURTON 2005 - 2020
Principal Technical Sales Services Advisor
Houston, TX / 2017 - 2020
Implemented successful approach to move from commodity services market to customized solutions intervention, for different kind of services that include fiber optics and downhole tool technologies through coiled tubing services and pipeline services, adapted to specific challenges for GoM and US Land. Develop strategy of “Voice of Customer”.
• Participation and development of “Well Logic” initiative with global group, leading in the creation of a consultative selling approach method for the company.
• Identified niche markets with small oil companies for chemicals with 10 projects performed, increasing chemical utilization up to 15% within companies, with no presence previously.
• Implemented chemical solution, leading to $350K USD revenue with 47% GP margin.
• Improved sales of oscillation tool with 15% GP margin by doing effective presentations including case histories and technical articles and leveraging risk by “technology trials” in bundled projects with customers.
• Initiating economic value to customer (EVC) implementation by recording and tracking interventions with reduction of NPT up to 15%, increasing production up to 10% and raising cost saving for customers up to $500K USD.
Sales and Technology Manager Mexico
Villahermosa, Mexico / 2014 - 2017
Managed, negotiated and developed sales of coiled tubing services and downhole technologies for onshore and offshore interventions. Created “Immediate Impact Solutions Project” implemented to penetrate and discover new markets of well intervention technologies with NOC / IOC in Mexico and at regional level in Latin America (LA). Introduced and promoted technology reinvention through consultative selling.
• Held bottom-line responsibility, boosting NPR
across LA region for over $7.12MM USD.
• Enhanced annual revenue in technology for Mexico, from $0.2M USD in 2014 to $1.2M USD in 2016, while steadily improving profit margins, utilizing bundled technology interventions and following a sales cycle process (BAP).
• Increased LA participation at SPE forums up to 59% contribution for Western Hemisphere by implementing a technical writing campaign targeting innovative and ‘state of art’ interventions with key stakeholders across the region.
• Conducted implementation of strategies by focusing on “need behind the need”, resulting in increase of market by 23%.
• Implemented creation of 10 Economic Value Created cases as marketing of results regarding reduction in NPT, new technology implemented and increasing production for services provided in Mexico.
Awards and Certifications
− Halacademy 2015 & 2018
− Honorable Mention: Top Performer - Financial
Leadership for Non-Financial Leaders at Texas A&M
− Business Leadership Development Program at
− Management Development Program at Tecnológico
− MVP recognition for technology contribution in
− Publication / Presentation of SPE Papers
168291,169420,169255,175820, 179066 and
− Publication and Presentation of IBP 1078-14 at Rio
Oil & Gas - Brazil
− Creation of 10 Publications and Presentations of
different articles at AIPM and CMP Congress -
− Bilingual (English / Spanish)
− Bidding / Tenders / Pricing Analysis
− Solution Selling
− Low Cost - Immediate Impact Solutions
− Business Development and Forecasting
− New Product (Technology) Sales
− Effective Presentations
− Continuous Improvement
− Strategic Project Implementation
− Technical Writing
− Customer Service
− Cerberus / Insite for Well Intervention
− Coiled Tubing
− International Sales
− Technical Analysis
− Technical Instructor
− Downhole Tools
Bachelor of Mechanical Administrator Engineer (IMA), Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), Monterrey, Mexico