Ifeanyi Okoro - March 2020
REMINGTON VALVE, Houston, TX 
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Designed metal-seated ball valves to customer requirements, API and ASME standards. Investigated failed valves brought in for repair and create new design where necessary. Worked with sales and customers to understand the failure and create the best fix possible. Provided shop support to ensure compliance in manufacturing and assembly processes. Regularly updated procedures for manufacturing with industry standards.
HAUL LANE MANUFACTURING, Houston, TX [2017 – 2019]
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Responsibilities & Accomplishments
Designed and oversaw the manufacture of each dump bed project. Supervised all metal fabrication processes (cutting, bending, assembling) employed in the manufacture of each bed. Purchased structural steel for all projects. Created drawings (AutoCAD, Inventor) of bed parts and truck frames. Determined work schedules and work assignments of welders. Monitored employees' work levels and reviewed work performance. Trained technicians in new and existing methods.
• Categorized and name each part and sub-assembly of the bed.
• Researched and supported the launch of a new product line (industrial excavator buckets).
• Doubled bed production from 1.5 to 3 per week within six months by training new fabricators.
• Developed and inspected new fabrication templates for faster and more consistent manufacturing.
• Outsourced select manufacturing processes to improve company margins.
• Collaborated in layout design of a new office/shop building as well as the existing machine shop by moving equipment and workspaces to maximize production efficiency.
ONESUBSEA, Houston, TX [2013 – 2016]
Title: Product Design Engineer, Subsea Manifolds
Roles & Accomplishments:
Designed subsea manifold equipment, including the lifting process, anti-corrosion and finite element analyses. Wrote procedures for testing, storage, maintenance, load-out, installation and operation. Assisted and observed the manufacture and testing of subsea manifolds and trees at plants.
• Designed external piping compensation unit (PCU) for large bore piping on subsea manifolds.
• Created dropped-object covers for subsea manifolds to prevent damage to manifold valves.
• Designed tool to detach stuck seal retainer rings on isolation sleeve of spool trees thus saving time.
• Trained in all subsea products divisions (Wellheads, Trees, Manifolds and Connectors).
• Organized info sessions for engineers and drafters, working with sixteen other employees.
Awards and Certifications
− Engineer-in-Training (EIT), Louisiana Profession Engineering Board, 2011
− Master of Science (MS), Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
− Bachelor of Science (BS), Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
□ LSU Honors College
□ LSU CXC Distinguished Communicator