Analytical thinker and problem solver with strong background in many geoscience disciplines and software development. Enjoy working with multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivery and productivity. Open to new ideas and opportunities integrating methods of well log and reservoir data interpretation. Can-do attitude with open mindset and desire to further develop skills and learn from successes and failures. Strong record of effectively integrating services, software, processes, workflows and commercialization of new products.
Developed and deployed several applications for formation evaluation and reservoir characterization. History of guiding teams as subject matter expert (SME). Extensive experience in oil field services industry, most recently responsible for petrophysical applications DecisionSpace® Petrophysics, image log application Impetus and PetroWorks for future developments.
HALLIBURTON, HALLIBURTON - LANDMARK, Houston, TX 2019
Landmark Science Governance Team
• Facilitated integration of petrophysical, geological, engineering and other sciences into single solution as Subject Matter Expert.
• Ensured petrophysical algorithms and solutions were correct by reviewing and validating information.
Sr. Product Manager 2015 - 2019
• Integrated DecisionSpace® Petrophysics into DecisionSpace platform and OpenWorks database successfully by providing guidance to software teams. Integrated product resulted in workflow that eliminated need for multiple extra data transfer steps; solution became 2016 World Oil Awards finalist.
• Eliminated duplication among several products by helping team set priorities and strategies for all Landmark petrophysical solutions including PetroWorks, Impetus Image Log Analysis and other products related to petrophysical data processing, analysis and interpretation.
• Improved content of data tables and data access layers by identifying gaps in data types and unit handling to fully support petrophysical interpretations.
• Supported technical sales team globally by demonstrating software capabilities to clients.
• Helped business unit deploy new product by defining and organizing training sessions for sales, technical sales and support teams.
• Supported management strategic decisions by creating mid and long-term roadmaps and vision for future developments of product and how it fits into cloud computing, AI, data analytics and machine learning.
RAINER BUSCH email@example.com PAGE TWO
WEATHERFORD, GEOSCIENCE DEVELOPMENT, Houston, TX 2011 - 2015
Principal Geoscientist - Petrophysics 2012 - 2015
• Designed and implemented Shale Reservoir Analysis workflow by utilizing MATLAB. Introduced new workflow to global geoscience teams and conducted training classes for unconventional reservoir analysis workflow in US and UK.
• Played integral part in data processing for new Neutron Capture Spectroscopy wireline tool (elemental analysis) by defining and integrating algorithms (deterministic and probabilistic methods).
Senior Petrophysicist 2011 - 2012
• Provided Development Team with science and requirements for petrophysical analysis platform as product owner and subject matter expert (SME).
BAKER HUGHES, Houston, TX 2000 - 2011
Houston Technology Center / Geoscience Software
Project Manager / Project Engineer 2009 - 2011
Led various projects from inception through commercialization utilizing tools such as Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Baker Atlas, Inteq - Post Acquisition Software
Project Manager 2004 - 2009
Managed large project (40+ team members) for new post-acquisition formation evaluation platform. Applied Rational Unified Process (RUP) utilizing Rational software tools Rose, ReqPro, ClearQuest and ClearCase.
Product Lead Resistivity & NMR Applications 2004 - 2005
Oversaw and led team of software developers that migrated several post-acquisition applications to Windows platform.
Product Lead Resistivity Applications 2003 - 2004
Led project that migrated several environmental corrections algorithms and resistivity data processing applications from UNIX to Windows platform.
Baker Atlas - GeoScience
Application Support Resistivity 2000 - 2002
Provided field support for resistivity data sets to GeoScience and assisted in development of several 3DEX™ applications during product launch. Created new interpretation software package that determined mineralogy from multiple measurements.
Fluent in English and German. Good communicator and collaborator. Expertise includes:
Product Management | Measurement/Logging While Drilling (MWD / LWD) | Applied Mathematics | Geology | Project Management |
FORTRAN | C# | MATLAB | Visual Studio | Team Foundation Server (TFS) | Product Management | Upstream |
Formation Evaluation | Application Development | Scrum, Agile | SharePoint
Master of Science (MSc), Geophysics, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA), since 1994
Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), since 2011
Houston Geological Society (HGS), 2012 - 2016
Project Management Institute (PMI), 2004 - 2010