Highly motivated Geoscientist with extensive global experience covering twenty-five basins in more than a dozen countries and fully integrated skill set dedicated to efficiently delivering new oil and gas resources. Strong technical proficiency in new ventures, prospect generation, subsurface mapping, and appraisal. Proven leadership skills developing subsurface teams, creating innovative exploration and development concepts, and delivering full cycle programs from acreage acquisition to discovery.
BP, Houston, Texas 2000 - 2020
Geology Technical Lead/Senior Geologist, 2015 - 2020
Directed applied technology development and implementation for geoscience staff in five US Lower 48 business units as well as developing companies East Texas assets.
• Technical advisor and mentor for business-wide implementation of new subsurface interpretation software package (DSG) for entire geoscience staff (24).
• Delineated and secured access to a majority of East Texas, deep Haynesville gas play with 10 TCF of gas resource.
• Developed full field development plan for entire East Texas, deep Haynesville gas play with over 640 locations.
• Supported front end loading and operations for multi-rig (5 rigs) drilling programs delivering 71 wells.
• Delivered over 500 mmcfg/d of net production in less than two years.
Trinidad Exploration Manager, 2013 - 2015
Managed and provided professional support for geoscience staff delivering exploration work programs, assessing plays, generating prospects, and delivering strategic partnering agreements for shelf and deep-water acreage offshore Trinidad.
• Demonstrated $400MM net present value of underexplored acreage by building a robust prospect inventory and creating viable economic development scenarios.
• Developed and delivered marketing plan securing an external funding offer and internal approval to initiate high resolution 3D seismic acquisition program.
• Secured external funding and seismic data contributions for reprocessing project.
• Delivered $40MM in 3D seismic cost savings through joint seismic agreement followed by partnering agreement valued at more than $80MM.
Team Leader North Campos Basin Exploration, 2012 - 2013
Recommended exploration and appraisal drilling opportunities North Campos basin offshore Brazil. Managed subsurface team of 5, interpreted subsurface data, and coordinated petro-physical, petroleum systems, engineering, and commercial support.
• Developed inventory of 9 pre-salt and 6 post-salt prospects for work program commitment well.
Senior Geologist Unconventional Resources, 2010 - 2012
Recommended access, appraisal, and development opportunities for onshore USA acreage position in Fayetteville and Haynesville shale gas plays and Utica shale oil play.
• Saved tens of millions in write-offs using timely subsurface analysis to direct acreage acquisition strategy in Point Pleasant shale oil play.
• Transformed drill-out strategy in Haynesville play by integrating subsurface, engineering, and commercial workflows, developing value maps for multiple price and cost environments, and revising play-wide prioritization of acreage and drill locations.
• Yielded positive income of $11MM and maximized value of Fayetteville shale gas assets by combining subsurface description with performance and commercial workflows to prioritize acreage capture and development during gas price downturn.
Senior Geologist – Gupco Joint Venture, Egypt, 2001 - 2010
Recommended new acreage access and drilling opportunities in Gulf of Suez and Western Desert assets and managed recruiting and development of new hires.
• Discovered 10 mmbo of new reserves in the Nubia formation. Worked access, 3D seismic interpretation, prospect description, and well planning.
• Developed 21 mmbo, adding 5,000 bopd peak production from 2 offshore viscous oil fields.
• Designed and implemented subsurface recruiting and training program; hired 43 graduates.
Additional Relevant Experience
BP, Pakistan Exploration Manager
Arco, Geoscience Manager
Union Texas, Manager Development Geoscience
Philips Petroleum, Senior Geologist
Conventional Onshore & Offshore Unconventional Shale Reservoirs International Exploration
Joint Ventures Subsurface Data Acquisition Statistical Data Analysis
Well Log Interpretation Computer Mapping Reserves & Risk
Well Planning Cross-Functional Collaboration Subsurface Staff Recruiting
Coaching & Mentoring
Master of Business Administration, with Honors, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Science, Geology, with Honors, University of Miami, Miami, Florida
Professional courses in Seismic Interpretation, Gravity and Magnetics, Sequence Stratigraphy, Carbonate and Clastic Depositional Environments, Bypassed Pay, Unconventional Resources, Reserves, Gas Reservoir Management, Rift Basin Exploration, Subsurface Mapping, Petroleum Systems, Pore Pressure, Log Analysis, Reservoir Appraisal, Project Management, Statistics, Risk