Gonzalez Lugo, Gerardo
gerardo Gonzalez Lugo
Customer and results oriented project engineer with expertise in product development, process improvement, system implementation, business integration, project management and drilling engineering. Recognized for technical, communication, and management skills to drive projects to successful completion. Ability to work independently or as a team member, diligent, detailed oriented and resourceful
Baker Hughes, Houston, TX
Technical Support Manager Gulf of Mexico, October 2013 – April 2020
Contributed and interfaced with relevant participants in the planning and execution of drilling projects.
• Directed engineering support for top-tier customers such as Repsol, Cobalt GOM, and Chevron contributing to generate an annual revenue over $10 million.
• Teamed with customers to assemble engineering data sets and conducted root cause analysis to solve difficult drilling issues and to recommend solutions for improvement.
• Facilitated the implementation of partner products to reduce days of operation for customers with an average daily operational cost of $400,000.
• Customized analytical tools to enhance performance visualization and to improve cross team communication reducing overall time dedicated for analysis.
• Collaborated in the creation of marketing material to improve the visibility and to demonstrate the technical capabilities of products and services.
• Participated in the planning and execution of one of the deepest exploratory wells (over 7 miles) in the Gulf of Mexico setting a world record for the industry.
• Supported introduction of key field products to successfully exceed project goals and significantly reduce operational costs.
• Generated detailed documentation and operating parameters to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Drilling Applications Engineer US Land, October 2010 – October 2013
Advised sales personnel, operations personnel, and customers on the technical issues that affected drilling performance.
• Managed several well specific analyses deriving customer value added solutions and promoting the application of internal products.
• Participated in focus team that analyzed data to introduce new tools to the market increasing customer satisfaction.
• Mentored and provided support in all aspects of drilling optimization including BHA design, and drilling parameters disseminating technical knowledge through US.
Technology Transfer Engineer, April 2007 – October 2010
Collaborated with Engineering, Operations, and Product Line Management to introduce new products and services to the field.
• Initiated, designed, and implemented training program for 30 employees clarifying procedures and increasing consistency for a smooth service execution.
• Collaborated in the generation of standard field operation manuals increasing the success rates of deployments.
• Ensured a flawless introduction of the new services assuring good communication between the internal and external client.
• Captured and documented field-test results and lessons learned through field test reports, case histories, and knowledge management systems to evaluate product development.
Baker Hughes, Bakersfield, CA
MWD | LWD Field Engineer, May 2003 – April 2007
Supervised the operation of the equipment, and the interpretation of field data. Performed troubleshooting of equipment when malfunctioning occurred.
• Provided advice and direction to external customer and third party well site colleagues to ensure smooth operations and to guarantee objectives have been met.
• Coached and supervised junior field engineers facilitating flawless execution.
Baker Hughes, Quito, Ecuador
MWD Field Engineer, October 2000 – October 2002
Oversaw operational status of field equipment at the well site and maintained it as needed.
• Analyzed and interpreted data required to set up the appropriate action to resolve tool and services issues at the well site.
• Followed all company policies to ensure best performance in a safe manner.
➤ Data analysis
➤ Critical thinking
➤ Excellent Communication
➤ Bilingual Spanish
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, Colombia