Geoscientist looking for internship for summer 2021
Karelia La Marca
Currently seeking an intern position for summer 2021 in a geosciences team to collaborate in challenging projects for resources exploration and development
Geophysicist Intern, Geophysical Insights, Houston, TX Jun 2020 - Aug 2020
• Correlated well logs for well tops definition and development of a stratigraphic framework in deepwater deposits.
• Applied artificial neural networks for lithofacies prediction using well log data.
• Calculated and interpreted seismic attributes to define optimal combinations to be used in machine learning workflows (self-organizing maps)
• Applied machine learning for seismic facies interpretation and reservoir quality estimation
• Created a full and functional training dataset that included well logs, well tops, seismic horizons, and attributes to be used in Paradise machine learning workflows.
Geoscientist Intern, Tapstone Energy, LLC, Oklahoma City, OK Jun 2019 - Aug 2019
• Integrated geology and production data to characterize the Meramec strata, Anadarko basin-OK
• Created and interpreted subsurface correlations using well logs to build the stratigraphic framework.
• Performed ANN (machine learning) to predict facies using core and well-logs for 3D facies modeling.
• Built and analyzed seven 3D reservoir models and created more than 50 reservoir maps to determine main drivers in production to define prospective areas.
• Provided play analysis for drilling and development of the play
Project: Reservoir quality from sequence stratigraphy, facies modeling, and production performance of the Meramec, NW STACK, Oklahoma.
Geologist, Schlumberger (PTS), Venezuela Jun 2014 - Dec 2016
• Interpreted sedimentary facies & depositional environments through image logs & core analysis to propose suitable perforation zones
• Analyzed fractures & faults to determine structural trends
Geo-steering (WP Engineer), Schlumberger (SIS), Venezuela Jun 2014 - Dec 2016
• Provided feasibility analysis for horizontal well drilling presenting directly to operators
• Analyzed real-time LWD & MWD data to make prompt decisions for horizontal geosteering / well placement
Geologist Intern, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A, Venezuela Nov 2011 - Jun 2012
• Generated petrophysical and facies maps in Geographix Discovery to provide insights on reservoir properties
• Calculated reserves (volumetrics) per flow unit and defined suitable units for completion
Field Engineer Intern, Schlumberger, Venezuela Sep 2011 - Nov 2011
• QC wireline data and assisted in cased & open-hole logging jobs
• Created a template for wireline services promotion / sales
Awards and Certifications
• SEG scholarship recipient
• Provost certificate of distinction in teaching
• SEG OU Student chapter, Vice President 2019 – 2021
• Recognition of top best paper in the SEG annual conference, San Antonio Sep 2019
• Chevron-SEG Student Leadership Symposium Grant
• 2nd place - SEG Challenge Bowl, 2019 GSH-SEG Spring Symposium Apr 2019
Creative, proactive, self-motivated, and a team player with solid work ethics and communication skills
Languages: English (fluent), Spanish (native), Italian (intermediate)
Software: Petrel, Landmark (Geographix Discovery), AASPI, Microsoft office, Paradise, Techlog (intermediate)
Ph.D. In Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK Expected Spring 2023
• Advisor: Dr. Heather Bedle. GPA: 3.9/4.0
MSc. in Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK Summer 2020
• Thesis: Seismic attribute optimization with unsupervised machine learning techniques for deepwater seismic facies interpretation: users vs machines.
• Advisors: Dr. Roger Slatt and Dr. Heather Bedle. GPA: 3.9/4.0
B.S in Geological Engineering, Geology Universidad de Los Andes, Venezuela Fall 2012
• Thesis: Production distribution of the B-4 unit, VLG-3729 reservoir by non-conventional methods
• Advisors: Carlos Mascagnini and Victoria Mousalli, GPA: 15.3/20