GAS Lift SME
JAMES “JAY” MILLER II, BAAS
OVER 25 YEARS OF SALES, DESIGN & MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP IN OIL GAS LIFT/PRODUCTION LIFT
Dynamic Management · Aggressive Sales Growth · Innovative Product & Process design
Gas lift · Artificial lift · Engineering Support · Patented Product & Process Design
Business Development · Technical Sales · Account Management · Territory Development
Strategic Planning & Analysis · Scalability · KPI Benchmark Formulation · KPI Measurement
Forecasting · Budget Management · Trend Analysis · Computer Programming · Metrics Tool Design
Contract Management · Supply Chain Management?
- RECORD BREAKING SALES INROADS
- 100% sales growth within 6 months (VP, Production Lift)
- 60% sales boost in Permian Basin (Tech-Flo Consulting)
- $300K monthly sales (Consolidated Oil Well Services)
- INNOVATIVE PRODUCT AND PROCESS DESIGN
- Developed 4 commercial products from concept to implementation, based on new artificial lift techniques.
- Increased oil production by 30% with a state-of-the-art gas lift design, producing more fluid with fewer valves (Production Lift)
- Designed an innovative product, generating market and earnings growth (Baker Hughes)
- Developed a major gas lift assist plunger lift controller, and closed the first client (McMurry Oil Tools)
- Redesigned the field gas lift system and tested a new gas lift design method (Amoco Hastings in-house)
- Invented a new high-rate gas lift design for unconventional horizontal wells (Miller Consulting)
- INDUSTRY WIDE TRADE PUBLICATIONS
SPE paper, Hart’s Petroleum Engineering, SWPSC, ALRDC Gas Lift Conference and ALRDC Artificial Lift Conference. Contributed 8 magazine articles and technical papers
PRODUCTION Lift, Midland, Texas 2017 - 2020
VP & Sales Manager
Vice President, Gas Lift Division 2018 - 2020
- 100% SALES GROWTH: boosted sales by 100% within 6 months
- PRODUCT/PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS: improved equipment performance by implementing American Petroleum Institute procedures. Trimmed shop job preparation time through standardized procedures and policies
- WORLD CLASS TRAINING PROGRAM: developed superior performance through top notch training
Sales Manager 2017 - 2018
- ACCOUNT GROWTH: onsite visits and mentorship for high level sales representatives boosted revenues.
- LIFT DESIGN INCREASED PRODUCTION BY 30%: introduced my cutting-edge gas lift design to the Permian Basin, producing more fluid with fewer valves.
James Miller II Page 2
TECH-FLO CONSULTING, LLC, Conroe, Texas 2015 - 2017
BD Manager RefracRoadmap
- SALES INROADS: boosted sales by 60% in the Permian Basin, the largest oil holding reservoir in the United States. Served as the primary salesman for the Focused Production Logging system detailed below.
- GROUND-BREAKING INVENTION: invented the Focused Production Logging System, measuring the oil, gas, and water production in a well.
CONSOLIDATED OIL WELL SERVICES, Houston, Texas 2014 - 2015
Senior Technical Sales - Cased hole wireline
- DELIVERED $300K IN MONTHLY SALES, HOUSTON MARKET Cased Hole Wireline
- DEVELOPED E-4 SETTING TOOL MAINTENANCE SYSTEM, REDUCING FAILURES BY 83%
BAKERHUGHES, Houston, Tx 2012 - 2014
Principal Technical Advisor - Contract proposals, production cost estimates, schedules, performance requirements
- PATENTS FILED FOR 9 INVENTIONS WITH MY CONCEPTS: products included Fracwatch measured pressure and temp. I served as the only non engineer on the team.
- SURPASSED SCHEDULE, COST, AND PERFORMANCE: consistently surpassed targets, driving revenues and profits
OMEGA WELL SMARTFRAC, Houston, Texas 2011 - 2012
BD Manager - Targeted sales and inventor of SmartFrac
- INVENTED SMARTFRAC: collaborated with marketing to develop/execute high impact marketing strategies. Measured Temp and Pressure.
- ELEVATED INDUSTRY PRESENCE: as a marketing ambassador, boosted brand awareness through trade shows, client events, and conferences.
HALLIBURTON - Promoted all product lines, including wirelines 2006 - 2011
Senior Account Rep Basra BD - Basra, Iraq 2010 - 2011
- LED CRITICAL RESPONSE MANAGEMENT: delivered delicate responses to IOC customers Lukoil, Shell, BP, Exxon, Hunt O&G, and ENI
- CONDUCTED MAJOR CONTRACT OVERSIGHT: secured Exxon perforating/logging contract with 4 cased hole trucks and closed other contracts for 8 cased hole trucks.
- GREW NEW ACCOUNTS AND GENERATED NEW ONES
Senior Account Rep in House at Anadarko - Houston, Texas 2006 – 2010
Served as the primary contact for all product lines, exceeding revenue targets with compelling product demonstrations and profitable proposals:
- REDUCED EQUIPMENT FAILURE BY 95%, BY REINSTATING OMITTED SHOP PROCEDURES
- TIGHTENED CONTRACT REVIEW SYSTEM: initiated surveys to evaluate potential for new contracts and expansion of existing ones.
- STREAMLINED CROSS FUNCTIONAL INFORMATION FLOW: refined communications between customer service, account management operations, quality assurance, training, and payroll departments.
MCMURRY-MACCO LIFT SYSTEMS, Houston, Tx. 1996 - 2001
Sales Engineer Gas Lift – Key accounts management and strategic product/process improvements
- MANAGED KEY ACCOUNTS: Chesapeake, Apache, and Seneca accounts
- ACHIEVED MAJOR PRODUCTION INCREASES WITH PRODUCT DESIGN CHANGE:
- Collaborating with engineers, resolved flaws in horizontal caulk gas lift well, achieving continuous compressor function lacking in the early Austin Horizontal Caulk design by eliminating liquid gas separation in the lateral with a tail pipe around the packer.
James Miller II Page 3
RAM PRODUCTION TOOLS, GAS LIFT SALES & SERVICE, Tyler, Texas 1993 - 1996
- DESIGNED IMPROVED CENTRALIZED GAS LIFT SYSTEM: worked with Engineers at Ensearch Exploration to build a new centralized gas lift system, based upon the existing infrastructure
GAS LIFT, MACCO SCHLUMBERGER 1986 - 1993
Senior Field Engineer – Arco, BP, and Conoco sites 1990 - 1993
Designed gas lifts for Arco Prudhoe Bay; Conoco Milne Point Field AK; and BP Prudhoe Bay Field AK
- BOOSTED OUTPUT BY REDESIGNING UNDERPERFORMING WELLS:
- Raised production rate from 15K to 25K for BP’s Prudhoe Bay Field.
- Doubled production for Conoco’s Milne Point AK field. Worked with the production and facility engineers to change the surface configuration to reduce slugging to produce the added production.
Completions Specialist - Houston, TX 1986-1990
- BOOSTED PRODUCTION BY 300% FOR 950 WELLS WITH INNOVATIVE GAS LIFT DESIGNS
- MONITORED 7 WORKOVER RIGS: ensured new strings of valves were set up and ready to run in the hole every day.
- DESK ENGINEER, AMOCO HASTINGS: supported operations for two years, leveraging industry expertise to boost production.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas Austin December (2021 anticipated)
Master of Science, Petroleum Engineering, Texas Tech (2022 anticipated)
Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science, Business. The University of Texas at Tyler. December 2020
Business studies, the University of Texas at Austin, 1985