GM & Regional Management, Operations, Business Development, Engineering - Oilfield Services & Consulting
G. Scott Myers
Extensive US and International experience with ‘Big-4’ Oilfield-Services, Workover/Well Services, and Downhole Tools Companies. Offshore / onshore. Includes Middle East, India, China, Asia-Pac and US. Reputation for identifying opportunities, growing profitability, successful startups & turnarounds, and work in remote locations. Excellent and sustained client relationships with contacts world-wide. Proven leadership skills in managing multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary & geographically diverse teams. A strong believer in HSE and continuous quality improvement.
Well Doctors Oilfield LLC Houston, TX Oct 2019 - Present
Founder / Consultant
WellDoctors Oilfield provides bespoke consulting services and project management in the Well Intervention & Workover space.
We also provide advice on international business in fields such as startup, commercial registration, market studies, client introductions, and other formalities of doing business overseas.
07/2018 to-date: SPE GCS - MiT Hiring Event Committee, Volunteer Co-Chair
09/2018 to-date: SPE GCS - Innovate Committee, Volunteer
Dec 2014 thru Nov 2017 Dubai, U.A.E. General Manager-Middle East, India & Pakistan
Inflatable & Swellable Packers: re-aligned Middle East BD and Operations resources with market-opportunities in the context of regional instabilities and low oil-prices. Placed emphasis on developing a permanent footprint in Saudi Arabia.
- Achieved total MER Revenue growth of +52% FY15-16 vs. 2016-17 ($5.7 to $8.8m).
- Saudi Arabia, FY (16-17) revenues 3x that of FY (14-15), with further 12% growth forecast for 17-18 financial year. (respectively $1.4m to $3.7m, to $4.2m)
- Re-entry of Oman market in 2017, with BP/Khazzan (‘V0’ equipment) and PDO’s Casing-Drilling project, from ‘nil’ business in prior 2 years.
- Renegotiated Agents’ agreements to reflect new pricing environment, while increasing their engagement in our business acquisition efforts.
- Clients: Saudi-Aramco, BP, PDO, ZADCO, KOC, Exxon, Shell, Tatweer, QP, Total, Rasgas, others.
- P&L Responsible for $8.8m.
KEY ENERGY SERVICES Nov 2009 – Sept 2014
Nov 2012 to Sept 2014 Dubai, U.A.E.
Regional Manager, MENA / Managing Director (Key DMCC)
Nov 2009 to Nov 2012 Houston, TX
General Manager, Al Mansoori JV / International BD Manager, KES
Onshore Workover & Service Rigs: Led and established first ‘footprint’ for Key Energy Services in the Middle East Region. Managed all startup activities for Key Joint Venture, from scratch. Clients: Tatweer Petroleum and Oxy Oman.
- Successfully sold, negotiated & signed 4 new service contracts, combined value of nearly $100m and total of 7 well-service rigs at Q3-2014.
- Opened 2 new Middle East Country operations 2010-12 (Bahrain and Oman), and MENA Regional office in Dubai, U.A.E.
- Researched & bid for rig work in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and South Iraq. Included all pre-qualifications, commercial registrations, tenders, bids and contract negotiations.
- P&L responsible for approx. $16m per year. Managed 140+ people.
HALLIBURTON ENERGY SERVICES
Through October 2009
With Halliburton, held various progressive roles in Engineering, Operations, Business Development and Country/Area Management.
Includes 12+ locations in Domestic USA and International (Middle East, Asia-Pac, India, China and Ea. Africa.).
Primary product lines were pressure-pumping (cementing, stimulation, frac/acid), downhole service tools & well-testing tools, completions services, and pipeline & process (industrial services), with additional experience and exposure to all other HES product lines.
Worked closely with, and provided solutions for drilling, completions and production departments of IOC's, NOC's, Independents and industrial plants.
Also includes start-up operations, Joint-Venture experience, one patent (#7,234,522) (wireline-deployable float collar for Casing-Drilling).
Please refer to CV for additional detail.
Awards and Certifications
1. Project Management Professional (PMP) (# 2747774, exp 02/2023)
Project Management Institute
2. IADC Well Control (# 34827-5F9294, exp 11/2021)
Wild Well Control Inc.
3. Board Member: Strathclyde UAE ‘Entrepreneur Advisory Board’ (under Strathclyde Enterprise Partners Program)
a. Inventor (multilateral system) or co-inventor (disappearing plugs and wireline-deployable float collar) on 3 patent reviews & 1 patent# 7,234,522 (for COPC’s casing-drilling program in South Texas).
b. Performed 1st micro-frac & analysis in Sultanate of Oman, 1987, for PDO-Shell, Lekhwair field.
c. Engineered cementing, completion & testing of 1st horizontal well in Qatar, Id-Al-Shargi field.
d. Led successful business startups & upgrade operations in China, Qatar, Turkey, Indonesia, Kenya and India, 3 of which exceeded original revenue estimates by nearly double.
e. Commercial Pilot and Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument rated, Airplane, Single- & Multi-engine land
General & Operations Management:
• P&L Management • Startups & turnaround • Strategy Development • Business planning • Project & Contract Execution • Capital and Operating Budgets • Revenue, cost & resource forecasting • Regulatory and Policy Compliance • Team building & people development • HSE & Service Quality •
New Business Development:
• Client relationship management • Business & Market Analyses • Strategic Market Positioning • Strategic Pricing • Pre-qualification • Bids & Tender Preparation: legal, technical, financial & operational • Contract Negotiations • International Business setup
Engineering & Technical:
• Workover Rigs & Operations • Well Cementing & Casing equipment • Stimulation; fracturing, acidizing, conformance, sand control and N2 • Coiled-Tubing • Service tools, DST, well-test & TCP • Expandable technologies • Integrated & bundled projects • E-line (OH/CH) • SDL • Completion Tools & eqp’t • Drilling services • Drilling & Completion fluids • Industrial & Pipeline services • Inflatable & Swellable Packers • Operations' Project Management •
Master of Business Administration (MBA) University of Strathclyde, Business School, UK
B.Sc. Engineering University of Colorado, USA
80+ in-house training courses, including among others: well-test analysis, reservoir engineering, petroleum geology, well-logging, fracturing, acid-stimulation, cementing, completions engineering, plus other technical and soft-skill training.