A performance-driven and highly skilled engineer with demonstrated experience in planning wells, real-time drilling optimization, technical presentations, rig site operations, rig site quality control, BHA design, and software data analysis, as well as health, safety, and environmental procedures. Utilizes strengths in leadership, problem solving, engineering analysis, presentation skills, and teamwork to plan and execute complex well programs. Participate as a key team member in collaboration between operations and engineering in new tool development. A critical-thinking and versatile team leader who executes team objectives, utilizing analytical skills to exceed goals required for contributing to department success and growth.
D-TECH ROTARY STEERABLE
Senior Drilling Applications Engineer, 2020
Performed pre-well, real-time and post well analysis of data for tool diagnostics and drilling optimization. Lead and coordinated detailed reviews for collaboration between engineering and operations groups. Used advanced data analysis tools to discover areas for improvement. Defined lab and field test qualification requirements for new technology being developed. Authored operational standards with operational team in deploying new technology. Created and implemented field drilling dynamics policy, procedures, and training. Worked on multi-disciplinary teams to ensure operations, engineering, and manufacturing ensure timely production and maintenance of the tools.
WELLBENDERS DIRECTIONAL SERVICES LLC.
Senior Drilling Applications Engineer, 2017 - 2020
Performed pre-well, real-time and post well analysis of data for optimization studies to reduce non-productive time. Utilize engineering software for BHA design, analysis and evaluation. Prepared Engineering reports including torque and drag, hydraulics, BHA design and vibration analysis. Prepared final drilling reports, pre-drill and after action reviews for clients. Authored case studies on repeated performance in Permian West Texas and Oklahoma SCOOP STACK regions. Created and implemented field drilling dynamics policy, procedures, and training. Worked on multi-disciplinary teams to ensure operations and procedures are followed to minimize any additional non-productive time.
WELLBENDERS DIRECTIONAL SERVICES LLC.
Sr. LWD Engineer, 2016 - 2017
Supervised operations of drilling and evaluation systems, services and tools. Interpreted and analyzed wellsite formation evaluation data to ensure wellbore placement. Analyze and optimize drilling parameters to improve drilling performance for and reduce days versus depth.
DEVON ENERGY CORPORATION
Drilling Engineer, 2014-2016
Provided operational and technical drilling support for real-time drilling services, including performing pre-job modeling/feasibility studies, analytical studies during drilling phase, and end of well analysis with recommendations. Planned and executed drilling programs, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to execute wellbore construction. Monitored multiple wells in 12 hour shifts in real time and provided technical assistance to drilling operations staff to ensure that wells completed in safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
Administered pre-run and real-time hydraulics and torque and drag modeling, utilizing industry standard modeling software. Processed BHA modeling analysis to optimize design and achieve optimal drilling performance and reduced loading, fatigue, drilling dynamics, and vibrations. Calculated and monitored hydraulics to ensure pressures well within rig parameters. Monitored surveys and anti-collision calculations for close proximity wells.
• Drilled single run vertical, curve, and lateral wells in Delaware Basin New Mexico.
• Planned and executed with vendors to continuously drill curve without taking interval 30’ surveys in Anadarko Basin.
• Performed end of well analysis, support, and studies for after action reviews.
• Collaborated with geosteering staff, drilling engineers, and superintendents with well data analytics.
COUGAR DRILLING SOLUTIONS
Account Manager, Drilling Applications Engineer, 2013-2014
Directed customer relations and marketing for fit-for-purpose drilling tools. Optimized drilling performance, utilizing engineering tools to reduce non-productive time. Developed and facilitated business relationships with field and corporate sales. Gathered strategic information for planning marketing campaigns. Provided customers with technical knowledge and expertise. Prepared pre-drill reports, after action reviews, and drilling tender propositions for bids to clients.
• Authored case study for Mechanical Thruster, showcasing reduction of drilling days from 58 to 28 in Permian Basin Texas.
• Planned effective Mechanical Thruster placements in BHAs, minimizing damage and optimizing drilling in all hole sections.
BAKER HUGHES, INC.
Drilling Applications Engineer, 2011-2013
Optimized drilling performance, utilizing engineering tools to reduce non-productive time. Designed BHAs to minimize drilling dysfunctions and vibrations. Improved bit choices with rotary steerable drilling systems to determine feasibility of drilling sediments and salt sections. Planned and executed complex horizontal wells to develop mature Gulf of Mexico reservoir sections. Prepared final drilling reports, pre-drill and after action reviews, and drilling tender propositions for bids to clients.
• Authored case study on utilizing CoPilot drilling optimization tool to steer BHAs with azimuthal bending moment.
• Utilized total systems approach; worked with multidisciplinary team to drill deepest well in Gulf—over 36,000 feet.
• Minimized excessive rathole by over 100 ft. by ensuring proper drill BHA design.
Drilling Systems Technical Instructor, 2006-2011
Presented drilling and evaluation systems tools theory and operations to new and experienced personnel. Assisted in training, testing, and development of new drilling and data acquisition software and hardware. Ensured health, safety, and environment were cornerstones in each course. Developed and implemented improved assessments and log quality standards to field service engineers.
• Created online assessment for operations personnel to reduce instructor lead training costs of operations centers.
• Collaborated with engineering development to test and create training of new 15 degree/100’ rotary steerable tool.
• Improved performance and reliability of Western Hemisphere operations by ensuring over 400 personnel were properly assessed.
Drilling Systems LWD/MWD Engineer, 2004-2006
Supervised operations of drilling and evaluation systems services and tools. Interpreted and analyzed wellsite formation evaluation data for quality control of data to ensure accurate discoveries. Evaluated and developed new pipe conveyed wellbore intervention service utilizing drilling dynamics tools. Experience in both offshore Gulf of Mexico and US land.
• Optimized drilling parameters to improve drilling and reduce days versus depth.
• Trained and evaluated less-experienced personnel.
• Collaborated in developing high-temperature environment procedures for new 347 F LWD/MWD tools.
Torque and Drag
Training and Development
Landmark DecisionSpace Suite
Baker Hughes Advantage Suite
Drillscan Wellscan Suite
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Austin, Texas
B.S., Petroleum Engineering, 2003