Highly methodical, versatile, and dedicated Ph.D. with wide-ranging experience in all facets of geology. Proven success in pore pressure fracture gradient analyses, operations, reservoir management, and exploration. Adept at conducting field studies, interpreting geophysical information, and participating in numerous field trips to diverse basin environments. Familiar with mapping and drilling techniques, geosteering, trace fossils analyses, petroleum systems, core descriptions, and carbonate biomineralization processes. Keen ability handling multiple priorities and working in fast-paced environments. Articulate communicator, bilingual English and Spanish.
BP, Houston, TX and Oklahoma City, OK
Pore Pressure Fracture Gradient Specialist, GOM, Trinidad and Tobago, Egypt, Houston, TX 10/2019 – 01/2021
Real time Pore Pressure Fracture Gradient (PPFG) surveillance for wells in Gulf of Mexico, Trinidad, and Egypt.
• Effectively monitor pore pressure fracture gradient to successfully drill over 25 production and exploration deep-water wells.
• Provide real time petrophysical, wellbore stability, and shallow hazards analyses and communicate drilling risks to rigs.
• Conduct real time formation integrity and leak off tests assuring adequate rig drilling parameters.
Chief Operation Geologist, McAllester, OK 10/2015 – 07/2019
Arkoma Basin Woodford Shale gas/Swoop Woodford Oil Shale
Performed drilling and geosteering of over 40 horizontal Woodford wells which include some of the largest producers in basin, as well as regional mapping of Woodford, Fayetteville, and Atoka shale.
• Effectively utilize StarSteer in designing Woodford horizontal wells.
• Conduct analysis of well placing and rock quality drilling behavior, as well as Woodford core description and trace fossils.
• Earned qualification to serve as expert witness in testifying at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Reservoir Management Geologist, South Texas Onshore 10/2013 – 10/2015
Carried out reservoir characterization of Olmos and Escondido Fms for Western Gulf Basin
• Made use of digital and raster logs in Petra to execute regional correlation for STX.
• Fulfilled preparation and presentation of upcoming well and post-drill well reviews.
• Checked the completion of zones through declining well log analysis.
• Capitalized on industry expertise in performing the following procedures:
• Geosteering quality assurance for wells in Olmos and Escondido and Eagle Ford Fms.
• Detail field study for tight gas reservoir in Olmos Fm.
• Mapping of productive rocks and attributes for Olmos and San Miguel Fms.
• Gas show mapping and analysis for Olmos Fm.
• Well log and core integration analysis.
• Core description and trace fossil analysis for Olmos and Escondido Fms.
Exploration Geologist, Brazil Deep-water 10/2012 – 10/2013
Carried out reservoir characterization of Ubarana, Paracuru, and Mundau Fms for Ceara Basin.
• Utilized proficiency with seismic and well logs to perform stratigraphic correlation for Ceara Basin.
• Demonstrated competency in executing fairway analysis for lower Cretaceous intervals in Ceara Basin, as well as 3D seismic mapping and geologic evaluation for prospect in Potiguar Basin.
• Fulfilled evaluation of the prospect called Pitu which drilled and discovered oil in Brazil for Potiguar Basin.
• Held responsibility in examining and defining several Gulf of Mexico deepwater cores.
Operations Geologist, Shale Gas 10/2011 – 10/2012
Performed drilling, geosteering, and safety quality control assurance on the field
• Standardized mud log, cutting and cavings description reports.
• Assisted in Top and TD calling and assure safety standards on the field.
• Performed basic horizontal well geosteering.
• Documented geomechanics and well bore stability events.
Geologist 8/2010 – 10/2011
Exemplified expertise in using core and seismic data for thunder horse sand reservoir characterization (Gulf of Mexico), as well as logs and seismic data for coalbed-methane (CBM) sedimentary and stratigraphic characterization in Indonesia.
• Completed documentation of deep-marine systems analogues.
Summer Intern 5/2009 – 8/2009
Offered assistance in selecting formation tops and mapping well log data for Haynesville shale evaluation using GeoGraphix Discovery.
• Actively recorded GeoGraphix Discovery map creation in workflows.
The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Laboratory Teaching Assistant 7/2008 – 5/2009
Provided direct supervision to freshman students in attaining general geologic concepts.
Laboratory Research Assistant 8/2005 – 6/2008
Performed generation of isotopic oxygen and carbon data from shells for Paleoclimate research, as well as radiocarbon data from shells to create new reservoir effect corrections for the Peruvian Coast.
• Efficiently utilized thermal ionization mass spectrometry (TIMS), micro-extraction lines, and gas source mass spectrometer (GS-MS) and gas bench for isotopic analysis.
Seismic Data Analysis | Horizontal Well Drilling | Reservoir Characterization | Information Administration
Data/Sample Collection and Documentation | Field Investigation Planning | Quality Assurance
GeoGraphix Discovery | OpenWorks | SeisWorks | PowerView | StratWorks | RECON | BasinMod | GeoProbe Petra | EarthVision | TerraVu | Mainlog | ArcGIS | StarSteer | Decision Space Geosciences | Techlog
Doctor of Philosophy in Geology, 2010, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Master of Science in Geology, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Bachelor of Science in Geology, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia
Integrated Approaches of Unconventional Reservoir Assessment and Optimization, Houston Geological Society
Sequence Stratigraphy, Geological Society of America (GSA)
Upper Jurassic Smackover Thrombolite Facies and Reservoirs, Vocation, Appleton and Little Cedar Creek Fields, American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
Vibracore Sediment Coring in Fresh and Marine Waters, The University of Alabama
Biological Sample Collection (Mollusk Shells), The University of Alabama