Dr. Harvind Reddy's CV
Harvind Kumar Reddy
My breif career profile with major highlights.
STEP Energy Services, Spring, TX. Jan 2019 – Present
Technical Specialist II (Stimulation and Cased hole):
• Responsible for managing technical issues from initial fluid/completions designs to execution, including all communication, technical reporting, Preparation & analysis of financial models, and remote monitoring of well stimulation treatments.
• Assisting sales and operational teams with client technical support, meetings, and presentations, with clear articulation and prioritization of customer issues and solutions.
• Liaison between sales and senior management for communication of KPIs and performance optimization.
• Authoring Technical proposals for fluid pumping, and cased hole field operations which outline job procedures, chemical and perforation requirements, and cost estimates for our clients and field professionals.
• Ensuring costs controlling measures are implemented in operations using data analytics.
• Interfacing with all departments, including Engineering/Technology to gain needed support in driving customer outcomes.
• Active participation in both formal and informal meetings with vendors for new product selection (FRAC chemicals and Cased hole) and responsible for overseeing new product field trials.
STEP Energy Services, McAlester, OK. Oct 2014 – Dec 2018
Stimulation Field Engineer I – Stimulation Field Engineer II:
• Lead and executed 50+ projects (~$0.5M - $12M/each) as lead engineer in a highly dynamic and time sensitive operations environment.
• Managed on location supply chain, inventory, design modifications as per clients’ requirement, and pricing/ticketing.
• Trained & mentored trainee engineers, supervised fluid technicians for designed chemical mixing and proppant quality control during and prior to the hydraulic fracturing operations.
• Assisted operations supervisors and equipment operators for successful STEP product applications.
• Responsible for communication of results, products, and procedures with well site leaders and Engineering teams of client organizations.
Major Clients: BP L48, EOG, Rosewood, XTO Energy, Continental Resources, Alta Mesa, Double Eagle, Centennial, Trinity Operating and others.
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM. Feb 2014 – Sep 2014
Postdoctoral Research Associate:
• Designed a continuous flow high temperature-pressure reactor unit, including construction design, system layouts and process flow (PFD’s) and instrumentation (PID’s) diagrams and procurement.
• Successfully demonstrated the pathways to produce alternate fuels from various biomasses and oils.
• Identified and developed energy saving strategies and achieved energy efficient and sustainable hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) process.
• Mentored and trained new graduate and undergraduate research students.
• Promoted awareness of alternative or renewable energy sources among high school, college students and senior citizens.
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM. Aug 2010 – Dec 2013
Research Assistant I - Research Assistant III:
• Green transportation fuels production (Received 1 US patent)
• Established algae bio-refinery to produce biofuels, bio products.
• Algae oil and biocrude extraction, catalytic upgradation and catalyst synthesis.
• Employed statistical design and data analysis for optimization of experimental results.
• Material and energy balances, techno economic and life cycle analyses.
• IP rights filing, scientific manuscript publications and presentations in international conferences.
• Actively contributed in multiple research projects simultaneously as a team member and as a leader.
• Installed new reactors, developed standard operating procedures (SOP's) along with experiment safety plans (ESP’s) and supervised implementation of these procedures in renewable energy laboratories.
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, AP, India. Aug 2009 – Jul 2010
Senior Research Fellow:
• Studied bio sorption of heavy metals using marine macro algae as a green sustainable
adsorbent. Assisted students from other groups and master’s students working on
biosorption to use atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS).
• Prepared project proposals, presentations, budgets and reports for the representatives of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. Of India.
Awards and Certifications
Peer Reviewer for Scientific Journals:
o Bioresource Technology;
o Environmental Engineering and Management Journal;
o Environmental Protection and Sustainable Energy;
o Algal Research;
o Renewable Energy;
o Outstanding Graduate Assistant for academic year 2013-2014, NMSU.
o Bruce Wilson Research Scholarship for Outstanding Research, Spring 2010, 2011.
o NMSU Safety Sentinel, Chemical Engineering Department, NMSU.
Elected leadership positions:
o Graduate Senator (2012-2013) – ASNMSU
o Vice-President (2012-2013) - ISA-NMSU
Research & Development, Project Management, Technical Sales & Support, Techno Economic and Cost Life Cycle Analysis, Leadership & Mentoring, Negotiations & Procurement, Budgeting, Risk Assessment/Management, Supply Chain Management, Data Analysis, Process optimization using Statistical Analysis; Process development and flow diagrams (PFD's & P&ID’s), Standard operational procedure(SOP’s), Experimental safety plans (ESP’s), Work safety procedures; MS Office Suite, familiar with Business Intelligence (Power BI) tools.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)/ Chemical Engineering, Dec 2013
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM, U.S.A.
Dissertation title: Production of Liquid Transportation Fuels from Wet Algae
Master of Technology(M.Tech)/ Comp. Aided Chemical Eng., Sep 2008
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Dissertation title: Mass transfer at the confining wall of helically coiled circular tubes in the absence and presence of packed solids
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)/ Chemical Engineering, May 2006
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India
Project title: Production of Nitric acid