Energized and engaged professional who self-motivates by leading multi-disciplinary teams and providing a unified vision of “building the pyramid while we haven’t even started carrying nor laying the bricks”. Good communicator, highly experienced in bridging integration gaps in complex multi-disciplinary teams and delivering complex multimillion-dollar projects from start-to-end in the Gulf of Mexico (US and Mexico side), Canada and Latin America. Highly skilled in the energy sector; onshore and offshore drilling, capital investment processes, scheduling, budgeting, contract procurement, risk management, project management.
BP March 2012 - Present
Global Well Planning Project Manager, Houston, TX – USA, April 2017 - Present
In addition to regular drilling engineering activities, oversee several others including tendering for rig and well services, management of drilling engineers in different regions as well as permitting and regulatory advocacy with multiple regulators. Led early Carbon Capture project efforts in different areas of the US.
• Throughout all assignments reduced well costs by 20% or more through novel contracting and permitting strategies.
• Designed and executed ultra-deep-water exploration campaign in Nova Scotia, Canada, one of the most complex deep-water exploration wells in the world in 2018.
• Planned several operations in Brazil, Gulf of Mexico (US & Mexico).
• Led early Carbon Capture well design efforts in different areas of the US.
Major Projects Project Manager, Houston, TX – USA, July 2014 – March 2017
Worked on projects in different geographical areas including Brazil, Canada, West Africa, US and Mexico. Supported capital investment process with specialist information.
• Reduced well costs by over 30% through design simplification.
• Designed wells for several multi-billion-dollar development projects in different environments - shallow water, deep water and unconventionals.
• Wells subject matter expert for project integration assurance.
Exploration Project Manager, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March 2012 – July 2014
Designed and executed several deep-water wells up to 22,000 ft deep with water depths ranging from 4,000 to 9,000 ft in the Brazilian coasts, using one 6th generation double derrick drill ship.
• Supported performance improvement and 20% NPT reduction through rigorous well planning and lesson learned application.
Schlumberger Oilfield Services May 2005 – March 2012
Senior Well Engineer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 2009 – March 2012
Designed and executed several (20+) offshore wells in the Campos and Santos Brazilian basins operating five semi-submersible rigs for OGX, and independent Brazilian operator.
• Supported flawless startup of five offshore rig campaign with minimal Non-Productive Time (NPT).
• Developed and implemented original practices and procedures for the entire campaign.
Well Engineer, Villahermosa, Mexico, June 2007 – June 2009
Well Engineer, Punta Arenas, Chile, February 2006 – May 2007
Well Engineer Trainee, Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina, May 2005 – February 2006
Awards and Certifications
Professional Engineer License issued by the Texas Board (license #139337), 2020
SPE Petroleum Engineering Certification (ID # 3538080), 2020
PMP® Certification issued by the Project Management Institute, 2019
Strategic Decision Quality Certificate, University of Texas, Houston, USA
Schlumberger SILVER Award, IPM “Executing the Challenging OGX Offshore Program”
Drilling Engineering& Operations
Strategic Planning and Analysis
Certificate, Leadership and Management, Wharton University of Pennsylvania
Master of Business Administration, Project Management
Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica (ITA), Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil.