David Gaitan Resume
Performed RTO hydraulic fracturing treatments for unconventional reservoirs in various formations in the US. Determined necessary engineering parameters for safe and successful operation. Managed teams of 35 people. Analyzed cost procurements during and post job operations that varied in costs from $1-4M. Prepared written reports daily.
• Conferred frequently with clients, maximizing the scope of the project, ensuring quality, and increasing efficiency.
• Planned and analyzed engineering aspects of hydraulic fracturing jobs for horizontal wells, providing technical research, cost estimations, and service procurement.
• Resolved issues quickly by interpreting real-time data and determining necessary design changes during fracturing jobs when unexpected events occurred, such as uncharacteristic formation responses and equipment failure.
• Tracked daily operation costs of about $1-4M and reviewed/advised the Design of Services before the execution of operations, ensuring treatment design was compatible with the task.
• Mentored and trained new engineers in the training process, teaching aspects, such as Halliburton HMS Guidelines, Frac Equipment, Fluids Evaluation, Software, and Formation Evaluations.
• Served as Breakout Project lead for a Fiber Optics analysis on 2 Eagle Ford wells with Data Acoustic Sensing (DAS) and Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) techniques, determining most efficient cluster completion design based on fluid cluster efficiency, decreasing cost for the customer, and increasing rate of return (RoR) for Halliburton.
Awards and Certifications
Halliburton Classes: Fracturing Methods & Materials, Data Acquisition, Introduction to Fracturing Equipment Operations, Fracture Mechanics, Pressure Analysis while pumping, Fracturing Fluid Preparation & Evaluation, Diagnostic Pumping, and Reservoir Engineering for Stimulation Design
Survivex Certification (UK): OPITO approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Helicopter underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution | Technical Evaluation & Research | Design | Crew Management | Cost Estimations & Tracking | Mentoring & Training |Client Relationship Building | Prepare & Deliver Presentations
Insite For Stimulation (IFS) | Frac Pro | Petrel | P-V-TSim | AutoCad | Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, and others
Bachelor of Science (BS), Petroleum Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, TX, 2017