Exploration geoscientist with advanced expertise in prospect generation and 3D/2D seismic interpretation. Experience working exploration and production projects in a variety of global basins and petroleum systems. Integrates wide variety of geophysical volumes and complex datasets to characterize clastic and carbonate reservoirs from prospect to play scales, resulting in new opportunity identification, hydrocarbon discoveries, and reserve additions. Aptitude for prospect and play evaluations, advanced interpretation techniques and workflows, amplitude analysis, and volumetric assessment. Enjoys working on highly collaborative and diverse teams to solve technical and commercial challenges. Strong technical writing and presentation skills. Active listener and inclusive team member with a positive attitude.
EXXONMOBIL, Houston, TX 2007-2021
New Technologies/Guyana Exploration Consultant/GBVP 2020-2021
Explored for economical trapping configurations over a regional setting incorporating machine augmented interpretation and proprietary geophysical technologies.
• Tested and applied new EM proprietary technologies (sand probability volumes/directional seed detection) in sub-Campanian section of Stabroek block to identify traps and help characterize additional block potential
Subsurface Interpretation Technologies Advisor 2019-2020
Provided technical guidance on a variety of Business Unit projects by applying advanced subsurface interpretation techniques (EM proprietary and vendor) to identify hydrocarbon-filled traps, de-risk hydrocarbon systems, and rapidly generate fault framework models to assist Business Unit interpreters.
• Provided BU with hydrocarbon flag and preliminary lead evaluations for five 2D surveys within Save Basin, Mozambique; also calibrated key lead to known gas discoveries in A-B crossplot space
• Collaborated with Research and Technology Development team to train a contractional model within proprietary Machine Augmented Interpretation fault-generation technology
Senior or Exploration Geoscientist 2012-2019
Worked as senior geoscientist in Esso Australia office.
• Matured highgraded Northwest Shelf prospects Isosceles and Sappho-2 to drillable status; Isosceles concept was proven in primary and secondary reservoirs with subsequent execution of hydrocarbon-bearing exploration well.
• Upgraded and highgraded the extensive NWS WA-392P prospect inventory to enable sound business decisions, while influencing JV partners’ technical work.
• Assessed 2018 Gippsland Gazettal Round 1 V18-4 and V18-5 blocks for prospectivity, enabling understanding of challenges and optimizing a non-pursuit business decision.
• Evaluated Gippsland Athene North lead as part of block-wide lead inventory effort to characterize and rank remaining exploration potential in Vic P70 license and transfer into EM’s exploration portfolio inventory database.
• Expanded regional knowledge of offshore PNG to effectively evaluate exploration potential, identify and high-grade leads, and perform volumetric prospect assessments.
Production Geoscientist 2011-2012
US and Argentina Joint Interest
Primary geologist for four U.S. Joint Interest (OBO) fields and multiple OBO fields in Argentina.
• Managed assigned portfolio of opportunities (20kBOEPD, $25.1M EMWI, multiple wells and well work activities in Argentina, GOM, onshore Kansas/Hugoton) by monitoring field activities, evaluating operator proposals, and clarifying business impacts to management.
Exploration Geoscientist 2007-2011
Gulf of Mexico New Opportunities
Led and coordinated Eastern GOM Focus Study.
• Collaborated with others to assess the Jurassic Norphlet Play, resulting in 3.9 BOEB resource add to Global Play Map, and 10 open-acreage leads.
• Co-mentor for new hire, primary mentor for final stage of project.
• Served as Extensional Basins Collaborative adjunct member for US New Opportunities Identification.
Integrated Seismic Interpretation | Opportunity Generation | Prospect and Play Assessment | Geophysical Interpretation/Analysis | DHI/AVO Analysis | Stratigraphic Interpretation/Analysis | Regional Geology | Reservoir Characterization | Hydrocarbon Systems Analysis | Subsurface Mapping & Trap Analysis | Well Log Correlation | Petrel | GeoX Assessment Suite| Paleoscan | GeoTeric | Geoframe | ArcGIS| MS Office Suite
Master of Science (MS), Geology, University of Southern California
“Late Holocene Depositional History of Western Shelf Margin, Gulf of California, Mexico”
Bachelor of Science (BS), Geology, California Lutheran University