Oil and gas professional with an extensive track record of acquisitions and divestitures of E&P assets throughout North and South America. Known for the ability to leverage experience and technology to create production optimization opportunities and solutions. Provides strategic planning and portfolio program management for upstream, onshore and offshore. Knowledgeable on all operational aspects of unconventional plays. Deep understanding of underlying technical and economic issues to capture bottom-line value. Exceptional leader able to build and foster collaborative, results-driven relationships.
Houston, TX, USA
Drillinktech International Houston, Texas
Business Development/Project Manager – Colombia 2020 – Present
• Supporting Drillinktech in all businesses related to projects in Colombia, focal point for technical projects.
• Developed comprehensive knowledge of Drillinktech’s products, identify market opportunities in LatAm and presented to potential customers. Developed and supported integrated operation center project in combination with Schneider Electric.
• Project coordination for competencies and validation for Frontera Energy in conjunction with LHR.
• Attending webinars, conferences, proactively seeking meetings and events for networking opportunities.
REPSOL S.A. Houston, Texas
Manager Land and Stakeholders – US Business Unit 2016 – 2019
Managed land, partner relations, and stakeholder issues for unconventional Eagle Ford and midcontinent business units. Oversaw non-operated positions for 96,000 net acres, and 2,400 gross producing wells. Drove internal business strategy, supported cross-functional teams, and communicated leadership’s vision and goals to execute strategy. Responsible for four direct reports.
● Led team review and exhibited updates for 7,000 oil and gas leases leading to the elimination of title defects and negation of $2 million asset valuation penalty.
● Spearheaded Midcon low-yield asset divestment worth more than $36 million.
● Organized sale of temporarily abandoned and negative NPV wells, reducing well retirement liability by more than $2.5 million.
● Established long-term economic evaluation and strategic direction to build robust, sustainable business, and generate positive free cash flow.
● Completed Eagle Ford oil well and lease transactions, and increased NPV by more than $2 million.
● Introduced short-term focus to reduce capital expenditure and maximize profitability.
● Led and designed ~12/year integrated field reviews and developed and incorporated key performance measures and benchmarking.
● Influenced operators to adopt best-in-class reservoir engineering technical principles.
Manager Business Development Upstream – Caribbean 2012 – 2016
Used strategic relationships as Caribbean Business Manager for development, primary operations, and asset management. Focused on Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, and Colombia with activities in Canada, USA, Mexico, and other Latin America countries. Headed multi-disciplinary teams for potential company acquisitions in Colombia, and supported business units for portfolio rationalization and divestment.
● Administered Colombian and Peruvian business unit integration following the $13 billion Talisman acquisition. Partnered with key agencies to achieve seamless business transition. Refined budget and manpower allocations and generated reports for merged assets and coordinated with Madrid, Calgary, Houston, and Peru.
● Divested a $48 million in Colombian non-core assets. Identified and pursued buyer and negotiated creative financial terms to motivate quick closing.
● Streamlined screening for potential acquisitions and evaluated 3,000 North American E&P companies. Recommended 25 acquisition targets to board of directors.
Manager Business Development Upstream – Latin America 2007 – 2012
Devised strategies to align and maximize Latin American business portfolios. Planned, organized, and implemented data screening mechanisms for 300-400 annual acquisition and divestment opportunities, of which 10% were presented to board of directors for activation.
● Negotiated joint study and bidding agreements to form participating large-company consortium. Managed and coordinated 40 members of a multi-cultural professional team to complete bid process. Secured more than $2 billion Carabobo (Venezuela) production and facilities development project.
● Aligned network of key government and competitor contacts throughout South America.
● Led four E&P bids and contract process with the governments of Mexico and Peru.
● Reduced participatory risk and financial exposure through structured bidding process.
● Improved long-term corporate relationship with Mexican government.
HESS CORPORATION Houston, Texas
Petroleum Engineer Advisor 2005 – 2007
Responsible for the Permian Business Unit overseeing the San Andres Seminole Unit (SASU) and Yates Gas field. Provided reservoir engineering support, prepared budget plans and forecast, reserves evaluation and booking, field development strategies, CO2 injection optimization and WAG (water-Alternating-Gas) management. Involved in the ROZ (Residual Oil Zone) and WBD (West Bravo Dome) projects, with particular focus in the development of the WBD CO2 resources.
CHEVRON NORTH AMERICA Houston, Texas
Senior Reservoir Engineer 2004 – 2005
Member of the multi-discipline Appraisal Team, responsible for providing reservoir engineering support to the Deep Water GoM Exploration Team generating evaluation and well testing programs for high value deepwater projects. Built simulation models for appraisal projects using Experimental Design (ED) and probabilistic methods, generating field development scenarios, developments plans, and reserves and resources to determine viability & project economics.
SAUDI ARABIAN TEXACO Mina Saud, Kuwait
Senior Reservoir Engineer 2000 – 2004
Responsible for the Ratawi Asset Team. The Ratawi Team is in charge of the Ratawi Pressure Maintenance Project (PMP), which consisted of 26 peripheral water injection wells (200,000 bwpd ±), and 55 producing wells. Total production of 120,000 bopd. The Team was also responsible for Ratawi East Wafra with 33 producing wells (20,000 bopd). Prepared business, budget and 20-year strategic plans for entire Wafra Field.
● Served as Reservoir Engineer on an Asset Management Team responsible for the Wara-Maestrichtian Reservoirs within the Wafra field. Total combined production of 65,000 bopd.
● Performed reservoir studies and developed reservoir management strategies. Provided training and technology transfer to nationals
● Upstream/ Midstream
● Project Management
● Strategic planning
● Contracts & Negotiations
● Team Management
● Business Development
● Reservoir Evaluation
● Field Management & Development
● Renewable energy
● Fiscal Regimes
● Unconventional assets
● Budget Forecasting & Analysis
● International Markets - Latin America & Caribbean
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering, from New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology (New Mexico Tech), Graduated May 1997
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering from Montana College of Mineral Science and Technology (Montana Tech), graduated May 1988