Cameron, Antonio E - Deliver High Quality & Material Exploration Prospects | Create & Maximize Business Value
Detailed, creative, and bilingual geologist/geophysicist with 10+ experience years with expertise in onshore, shallow, and deep-water hydrocarbon exploration, resource evaluations and assessments plus joint venture project planning and execution. Enthusiastic leader, who works effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams, and skilled problem solver recognized for consistently meeting project budget and time commitments with high quality technical and analytical products in support of business objectives. Flexible and easily adapt to business needs and priorities.
Greater Houston Area
EXXONMOBIL CORPORATION, Houston, TX 2010 - 2021
Senior Geoscientist, Brazil Salt Basins Operations and New Opportunities Business Unit 2017 - 2021
Developed exploration work plan, appraisal strategies, and budget for operated and non-operated exploration acreage. Generated key geological and geophysical technical products to support new exploration opportunities pursuit evaluations. Supervised and provided seismic reprocessing technical guidance and support to selective Brazil deep-water areas in advance of tender rounds. Subject Matter Expert in geophysical attributes, salt tectonics, salt / sediment interaction, and prospect trap / seal capacity. Worked effectively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams for successful project completion.
• Delivered 3 exploration discoveries, technical evaluations, and drilling operations, adding 300M 1P barrels to resource base.
• Achieved 100% pre-salt seismic image reprocessing goals ahead of schedule providing company with competitive advantage among industry peers.
• Increased exploration acreage ~0.6M acres by identifying and assessing highly attractive multibillion barrels prospects.
• Expanded pre-salt opportunity space of Campos and Santos Basins by generating source rock and reservoir facies maps.
• Developed and implemented seismic illumination studies, trained teams, and saved ExxonMobil $20M by convincing not to pursue operator seismic data strategy.
• Pioneered qualitative seismic interpretation workflows highlighting 3-dimensinal good reservoir quality connectivity, allowing development planning team to make cost-effective planning decisions.
• Advised joint venture partners on prospect’s wildcat location areas, decreasing safety hazards and commercial risk, and maximizing project value.
Senior Geoscientist, Greater Gulf of Mexico (GoM) New Opportunities Business Unit 2011 - 2017
Coordinated, evaluated, and supervised opportunity space and exploration value in key commercially attractive areas within US and Mexico GoM. Provided advice on shallow and deep-water HC assessments at all scales (regional and prospect). Generated key technical products to advance GoM exploration program, including geophysical application workflows, salt emplacement history, reservoir distribution, sediment provenance, and Environment of Deposition (EOD) maps.
• Generated and assessed over 35 exploration multimillion barrel prospects, recommended to pursue those with highest potential for commercial success, capturing and adding ~2.7B BOE of prospective resources.
• Eliminated seismic interpretation inaccuracies by developing seismic to well ties workflows to seismic depth, which led to faster and more robust seismic interpretation product.
• Guided operated assets and farm-in opportunities on seismic interpretation and EOD scenarios, increasing in-place barrels by 15% from previous estimates.
• Mentored and guided new hires and interns in geologic and geophysical interpretation workflows, minimizing technical work loss time.
Senior Geoscientist, Middle East West Qurna-1 Oil Field Business Unit 2010 - 2011
Coordinated and interpreted regional interpretation of Zubair formation in southern and southwestern Iraq to locate and access brine aquifers for potential water injection source to active producing oil fields.
• Increased initial production target 15% for operated Mishrif Oil Field by creating and providing reservoir EOD, HC density maps, and geologic property models.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA, Columbia, SC 2006 - 2010
Geophysicist - Geophysical Exploration Laboratory
Coordinated and executed shallow geophysical characterization surveys for contaminant remediation, and earthquake and environmental hazards.
• Designed cost- and time-effective workflows to estimate petrophysical and hydrogeological properties for contaminant remediation.
PUERTO RICO SEISMIC NETWORK, Mayaguez, PR 2004 - 2006
Led field logistics and data collection for geophysical reconnaissance work. Conducted analysis of regional and local potential tsunamigenic earthquake waveforms within Caribbean Basin.
• Collected and processed over 30 shallow subsurface geophysical surveys, influencing seismic site response and modeling.
• Fostered efforts to develop and implement automated Tsunami Warning System and provided insight and guidance to local communities about earthquake and tsunami hazards and awareness, mitigating loss of property and lives.
- Project Management & Team Lead
- Appraisal Planning
- Regional, Play, Prospect Integration
- Opportunity Generation
- 2D & 3D Seismic Interpretation
- Subsalt reservoir characterization
- Geophysical Applications & Quantitative Geophysics
- Drilling Operations
- Petrophysics & Well Log Analysis
- Reservoir Characterization & Quality
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Salt Tectonics
- Salt & Sediment Interaction
- Volumetric Assessment (GeoX)
- ArcGIS, Petrel, PaleoScan, Geoteric, & RokDoc
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Geological Sciences (Applied geophysics focus), University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Master of Science (MS), Geology (Earthquake Seismology focus), University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez, PR
Bachelor of Science (BS), Geology, University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez, PR